Author Topic: suggestion Invasion of Denmark - Operation Weserübung  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion Invasion of Denmark - Operation Weserübung
« Reply #15 on: 04-06-2009, 22:06:25 »

I am an honest person: Hungary, Romania, Belgians, Norwegians, Dutch will Not be made by us in many years to come.. The only realistic nationality would be the finns, but that is ofcourse after we create the Russians, well, the whole eastern front.. This is 2+ years work for us, so look in to the mid 10's for this release (2015+)

honestly.

Polish too.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #16 on: 04-06-2009, 23:06:41 »
Angry Polish mob in 3..2..1..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Waw_Slayer

• FHing since 0.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-06-2009, 10:06:57 »
Did the danes even fight or did they just surrender
Your listening to psychedelic radio, todays topics; Weed.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-06-2009, 11:06:31 »
If I ever get any modding skills I'll endeavour to make a Danish army and map. The only two engagements you could really depict are the opening clashes on the border in Jutland where Danish troops set up motorcycle deployed 20mm cannons and actually destroyed two armoured cars and engaged in some minor rifle skirmishes before retreating, and of course the palace guard in Copenhagen who refused to stand down even when the King ordered them to. Eventually, after about three hours of trading fire, they stood down.

Even I accept that it's really not worth the devs' time to make them, there are plenty of nations that are far more important. Hungary of course is one, regardless of what the arrogant guy at the start of this thread said.

And Mudra... you would lose that money. Let's face it.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-06-2009, 17:06:30 »
Hungary of course is one, regardless of what the arrogant guy at the start of this thread said.
Who is the arrogant guy at the start of this thread?
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06-06-2009, 18:06:02 »
Well, I and Cpl. Mallard talked about Hungary.

He said, Hungary will never make it because their tanks where shit. Letme tell you something, Hungary had alot of troops in the East Front. They developed many tanks, and had a Hungarian Version of the Panther tank. The Airforce had many many aces. And the Army fought in Budapest.. among the German Army.

Denmark... well, never meant to enter in WW2. The King knew that he will be crushed, his borders had no Fortifications. He had not choice but Surrender. He was facing a big, well trained army, whit a Navy, Tanks, Airplanes, Soldiers, Artillery, etc.

Romania, sent something like 500.000 Soldiers to the Eastern Front. Many of them, a large part of them, died in Stalingrad. It was a Major Contributor to the WW2..

Many people seems to be stupid... they only want their country because they born there.

Invasion of Denmark.. not needed now, its not urgent, its Strategical but not needed. Common, we wont stop making the Pacific just for Denmark... whit all respect.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-06-2009, 21:06:10 »
Romania, sent something like 500.000 Soldiers to the Eastern Front. Many of them, a large part of them, died in Stalingrad. It was a Major Contributor to the WW2..

Also, upon switching sides, they fielded the 4th largest allied army in Europe, as well as have been said to have shortened the war by about 6 months.

Offline Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-06-2009, 00:06:19 »
Torenico, I meant Mallard. Apologies for the confusion. His comments are just a tad too inflammatory and unthoughtful for my tastes - particularly the disrespect to the Hungarian Hope guys and indeed the Hungarian effort in the war, which is far larger than the Danish.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-06-2009, 20:06:45 »
Ah ok, since Tor typed about it and I had the first post on this thread it was quite confusing.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-06-2009, 21:06:36 »
Torenico, I meant Mallard. Apologies for the confusion. His comments are just a tad too inflammatory and unthoughtful for my tastes - particularly the disrespect to the Hungarian Hope guys and indeed the Hungarian effort in the war, which is far larger than the Danish.

Hehe its ok.

I knew it wasnt me, just posted that.

I mean, having the Danish Army in FH2 wont be bad.. they have some interesting battles. Armoured Cars attacking a Danish Style Town defended by 20mm Guns.

Fun.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-06-2009, 21:06:26 »
Definately fun but would it be worth the work? 2 maps for new playermodels, vehicles, weapons, etc. I would love to see the early war completely. Just a mod finishing on the Blitzkrieg campaigns. So nice. Don't see it happening, not pessimistic but realistic.

Offline Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07-06-2009, 23:06:43 »
Never forget that that was the point of Forgotten Hope originally... it expanded quite early on to be a general 'whole war' mod. It's where the name comes from - when hope was forgotten, the dark years of 1939-1941.

Offline nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17-04-2016, 15:04:08 »
Well this could be a nice idea, because ww2 games are always the same, german,us,soviet... why not integrate smaller faction ? it's a game so if the Danes only fight a morning who cares? they have they own stuff like bigger nations. Also there is good movie about the 9 April (invasion of Danmark) telling the story of a bicycle squad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpqfVlqmVo

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17-04-2016, 15:04:25 »
dat necro doe ;D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17-04-2016, 17:04:00 »
I am an honest person: Hungary, Romania, Belgians, Norwegians, Dutch will Not be made by us in many years to come.. The only realistic nationality would be the finns, but that is ofcourse after we create the Russians, well, the whole eastern front.. This is 2+ years work for us, so look in to the mid 10's for this release (2015+)

honestly.

Wow Natty's accuracy was spot on :)