Poll

AFTER READING THE FIRST POST... which option do you prefer?

Leave it as is (Germans have unlimited G43s in Rifleman-Slot on some American maps)
Historical option: G43s are pickup only or in limited in secondary kits like on PeB or PHL
The Compromise option: G43s are moved to the scout kit on maps where they are presently unlimited in the rifleman kit

Author Topic: The over-abundance of G43s  (Read 23194 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: The over-abundance of G43s
« Reply #225 on: 26-10-2010, 16:10:59 »
Also, perfromance and availability of stuff is to be viewed differently. As a rule of thumb, devs will not change specifications and capabilities of weapons to balance them out against other weapons only
- if new information suggests the weapon is too weak/ too powerful (2 Pounder buff, Bazooka speed)
- as part of a general gameplay change (weapon handling in 2.25)

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 26-10-2010, 21:10:44 »
Germany had snipers early on in WW2, the problem was that they didn't employ them well, using them more as recon, and less as snipers.

On rifle nades, the german rifle grenade were first fielded in 1940: http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerrg2/ggp40/index.html The reason they had gotten rid of the rifle nades for awhile was incredibly poor abilities of the rod-rife nades during WW1, where they had to create specially designed mountings to even fire them (the recoil was sufficient to break a shoulder) and the rods wore the barrels out extremely quickly.  

And speaking of rifle nades, something I've brought up multiple times, the Granatbüchse 39, which would be frightfully easy to make, being only a modification of the front barrel of the PzB39 plus new sight, and a mixture of animation from the riflenade and Pzb39 reload animations.

O, yes I remember now, that thing is pure evil for the unlucky fool in front of it
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 28-10-2010, 10:10:02 »
Yes indeed, that's not a G/K43 though. In the case you missed it:

This thread is about G43s, guys.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 28-10-2010, 12:10:01 »
Voted historical.

If people don't like having to use a bolt-action rifle when the enemy has semi-autos, they can always pick up an MG/drive a tank/fly a plane...

Point is, there's plenty of other ways to "even the playing field" if you think it's an issue...

...Besides being free doesnt mean it cant be held to the same standards as commercial games...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but mods, particularly this one, are held to higher standards than commercial games... ;)