Author Topic: Mortar  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
Mortar
« on: 30-05-2009, 19:05:21 »
If i wanted to model my own portable mortar, what would i need?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Mortar
« Reply #1 on: 30-05-2009, 19:05:12 »
Do you mean model wise or code wise?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-05-2009, 21:05:00 »
Do you mean model wise or code wise?

Well, I have no background in coding or modeling. very basic programming. But how could i use the models of FH2 mortars and make them so you can carry them? And a bigger blast radius?

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-05-2009, 21:05:43 »
Deployable mortars are already done and in-game.

As for blast radius: that parameter is set by "ObjectTemplate.detonation.explosionRadius" variable of detonation component of a projectile (in meters).

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-05-2009, 22:05:04 »
Well If i wanted to get a deployable mortar in SP, how could i do that? i know there is a stationary one, but one you can pick up. And where is the blast radius located? What file do i need to edit?

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-05-2009, 22:05:16 »
Well If i wanted to get a deployable mortar in SP, how could i do that? i know there is a stationary one, but one you can pick up. And where is the blast radius located? What file do i need to edit?
You have to edit the gameplayobjects.con of coop gamemode of desired map. Put spawner of deployable mortar kit where do you want (well, better use editor for this if you're inexperienced with bf2's cons).

All projectiles data is stored in objects/weapons/projectiles/ You will find mortar projectiles in objects/weapons/projectiles/vehicleguns/vehicleguns.tweak (open you objects_weapons_server.zip if you didn't unpack your mod).

WARNING! If you edit the files in the packed mod (in the zip files) you won't be able to play online! (read: leave the boring and outdated SP and join multi with us ;) )

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-05-2009, 05:05:52 »
where would i get a map editor?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31-05-2009, 07:05:14 »
Google is your friend. It's called BF2 Editor.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31-05-2009, 08:05:04 »
to help you a little bit: http://bfeditor.org/ here you should find anything you need. Good luck. Dont give up!  ;Dbut dont steal content from other Mods!

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31-05-2009, 16:05:54 »
haha, thanks guys. So lets say i wanted to take the mortar you use it in sandbox mod, how would this be done? It's a sweet mortar, and it rocks. I like building houses in sandbox, then destroying them....with a mortar. How could i do this?

EDIT: I've looked on their site and cannot find how to load a map with BF editor. If i wanted to load a FH2 map then place a mortar in a spot, do you guys happen to know the procedure?
« Last Edit: 31-05-2009, 17:05:00 by Cornholio »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-05-2009, 17:05:55 »
SandBox Mod was specially modded to allow the player to place objects and vehicles, this code isn't in FH2 so you can't do it like you plan on doing.

The only way to achieve this in FH2 is to insert a kit into a map in FH2 using the Editor. Go through the tutorials available on the same site and you will get a hint at how to do this.
Either way buildings aren't destructible in FH2, so just do the sensible thing and play online like everyone else.

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-05-2009, 17:05:01 »
how could i re-code it for sandbox?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-05-2009, 17:05:32 »
I think you're just pulling my leg now, but I will restrain from feeling insulted and try to give you an answer.

In order to intercode anything of the two mods you have to Email Elxx from Sandbox http://labs.elxx.net/
And the devs from FH2 in order to ask them if you are allowed to use their work. Secondly you will have to ask Elxx how he coded the Sandbox Mod and you will have to learn a bit of python and with no background in coding that will be not that much fun.

Cheers

azreal

« Reply #13 on: 31-05-2009, 18:05:35 »
Agreed. I would first get used to using the BF2 editor and all its parts, changing and editing maps for your own preference ect. There is no easy way to just re-code FH2 and it would require lots of hours of learning on your end.

Best thing I can suggest would be edit a test map with a static mortar and lots of destructible barrels.

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-06-2009, 00:06:20 »
I'm really not trying to pull anything. I'm sorry if you're offended. But lets forget recoding lol. I've tried to look how to make a kit in BFeditor but the link is broken, so i can not see. Do any of you know?