Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180370 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #510 on: 08-03-2010, 02:03:10 »
Catch me if you can
I love the fact that it's based on a real story, great performances from the actors. Frank abegnale is pretty darn impressive.

8/10

South park: bigger, longer & uncut

9/10

theo nly reason it does not get 10/10 is because I've seen it countless times; no surprises or anything.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #511 on: 09-03-2010, 20:03:09 »
Rocky

One of the most classical boxing movies out there with Raging Bull. Stallone is too perfect in this role as the underdog bum who once had a talent but now mostly work minor jobs here and there.

"You know my 'ma told me I had a good body but no brains so I had to use what I had"

"You gotta be a moron to fight so yeah I'm pretty good fighter"

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 11-03-2010, 20:03:10 »
Sherlock Holmes 7/10. Better than I expected. I liked the slow motion fighting.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #513 on: 12-03-2010, 08:03:35 »
Rocky II

The rematch between Apollo Creed and Rocky Balboa is still today worth a watch. Rocky's living off the money from the first clash between him and Apollo but the money ain't enough when Rocky and Adrian are gonna have a baby and pay the house and the new car. On top of that Apollo is making all he can to get a rematch against Rocky to prove everyone he was just lucky in the first match.

Still, today, a good movie. Epic training montages guaranteed.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 12-03-2010, 10:03:22 »
Sherlock Holmes 7/10. Better than I expected. I liked the slow motion fighting.

Yes, i saw it too, altough a bit unrealistic at times, all in all it was a decent movie.
7,5/10

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #515 on: 12-03-2010, 11:03:13 »
Halo Legends (Animated) perhaps it's because I'm 32, but Katsuhito Akiyama style animation does nothing for me anymore, it's got to be much much more, CGi or Live action, old skool 24 frame per second animation has a place in my heart as that is what my degree is in, but really it's old news now - move along.

2/10

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 13-03-2010, 01:03:54 »
The Cove
10/10

Is really heavy considering Ric O' Barry orchestrated the operation to obtain the footage.
For those that don't know, Ric is the trainer who captured 5 of the 6 dolphins used in the TV show Flipper. In short; a documentary on the yearly slaughter of 23,000(+) dolphins and what takes place in the town of Taiji.

Letters to the President
8/10

An insight into what President of Iran (You know who) has created. An agency that takes in the letters of the common people asking him for help. I recommend it if you are interested to know how split the population of Iran really is.  

« Last Edit: 13-03-2010, 01:03:55 by [130.Pz]I.Kluge »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 13-03-2010, 04:03:19 »
Sybil

I... don't know what to say... guh... aewnfapubewf

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #518 on: 18-03-2010, 09:03:27 »
Der Baader Meinhof Komplex

Really liked it, very well made with good acting!

8 out of 10

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 18-03-2010, 13:03:44 »
Der Baader Meinhof Komplex

Really liked it, very well made with good acting!

8 out of 10

Agreed, and shows a side of german culture I didn't really know about.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 18-03-2010, 14:03:11 »
Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans
saw it yesterday at the cinema. Cage and Kilmer are my favorite Hollywood sideliners so them together in a movie already made my day, but the movie itself is great too. Well, it's a Werner Herzog movie so it's got a kind of love-it-or-hate-it vibe going on, but I liked it.

US Marshals
Watched it last night and I hadn't seen it since it came out (1998). I was a bit disappointed then because it's not a run-and-gun type of movie but now after 12 years I could appreciate the "investigative" aspect of it. Great story, geat actors too (including Robert Downey when he was still a struggling dope head). Don't know if it's any better than The Fugitive, but it doesn't need to be.  ;)

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 19-03-2010, 04:03:00 »
Fight Club 9.5/10 9.8/10

Gory, gritty, brutal, messes with your mind. An excellent combination of character, story, and action. One of those movies that, when you've just finished it, you don't know whether it was a good movie or not, but you know that it was a great movie. Extremely rewatchable.

The Incredibles 8.5/10

A damn fine movie. Not the perfection that was up, or the masterpice that was fight club, but extremely entertaining. Family friendly as well, great action sequences and, as usual with Pixar, excellent understated humor.
« Last Edit: 19-03-2010, 04:03:59 by Mspfc Doc DuFresne »
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 19-03-2010, 04:03:00 »
Actually, fight club is one of the few movies I'm ready to rate 10/10. I'm not sure though, could be 9.5/10 like you. gotta see it again to determine that.
Brad Pitts most excellent performance.
And I love Edward Norton, who is flawless in fight club.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 19-03-2010, 04:03:27 »
I don't know about 10/10, what if I come across something even better than fight club? Does a score of 10/10 denote cinematic perfection?

How about this? I'll compromise with you.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #524 on: 21-03-2010, 13:03:24 »
The Dirty War
- British documentary on the war in Chechnya. Good but too short. 48 minutes ain't enough to get the whole thing.

Gonzo
- Documentary about the legendary madman Hunter S. Thompson, some really nice footage, stories and interesting people in it. Johnny Depp and other famous people reading out some of his stuff was great.

Also some great footage from his funeral in Aspen
« Last Edit: 21-03-2010, 15:03:23 by Rawhide »