Author Topic: Hearts of Iron  (Read 25548 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron
« Reply #15 on: 23-05-2009, 09:05:36 »
MEN OF WAR 2 > HoI2/3

You cant compare these games, and ur wrong.

pew pew pew

Offline Waw_Slayer

• FHing since 0.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-05-2009, 10:05:22 »
MEN OF WAR 2 > HoI2/3

You cant compare these games, and ur wrong.

pew pew pew
If you take time and fun then Mow is better, If you take realistic then Hoi wins.
Your listening to psychedelic radio, todays topics; Weed.

azreal

« Reply #17 on: 23-05-2009, 16:05:05 »
Fortress Argentina FTW!!!

lol...above is my next challenge in HoI2 :D

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-01-2010, 16:01:32 »
What do you think about HOI 3 ?

I have only played with Italy from 36 to 44 at medium difficulty. I later regretted that I did not choose hard. It was kind of boring because the soviets draged me into their political corner so i could not join the axis. Germany refused to declare war uppon the soviets and nothing really happened after I had taken the usual weak countries in the mediterainian area. I tried to blitz the SU on my own but after I adwanced one province they had brought their tanks from the german border down to me (romanian border) and pushed me back with an enourmous superiority. My megalomania brought me defeat  ::). But there was nothing else I could do as the Brits had already sunk 80% of my fleet and the industry and research was too weak to build a new one.

What made a bad impression on me was that HOI 3 is very slow and I am not sure how to use the AI with all the HQs with best efficiency. Controlling all the brigades with hand needs too much micro management with so many units and provinces. I ended up leaving the Corps HQs to AI and gave them very close provinces as target

What I really like is the new supply system and that you need to take a big harbor if you want do a successful amphibious landing. When I started I needed almost a year to take Ethiopia because my troops where always out of supplys and I could not advance until I withdraw some of them from the frontlines and used the transport planes to help supply the rest.

I don't really know what to think about the new diplomathy and research system. I left diplomathy more or less to AI and only increased the threat of the countries I wanted to invade (Jugoslavia, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Turkey, Iraq, France, Spain). I had the impression that my research progress was slower than in HOI 3 but maybe I didn't do it very effective.

What are your experiences? How do you manage all your troops?

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-01-2010, 20:01:30 »

Wielkopolska war against Soviet Union. War started in January 1944, after Poland and Western Allies crushed whole Eastern Europe. Yea, I'm using "norevolt" cheat, so no need to be afraid of partisans (I hate it -.-)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06-01-2010, 20:01:22 »
I had 2 awesome games as Nat China on HoI3

In the first one, i was fighting a heavy battle in a city of Northen China, a big port, a precius Sweet Spot for the jappies. I sent my only Air Attack Squadron, with Old Tupolevs (Maybe airplanes from 20's who knows..) to attack the Invasion Force. But the goddamn jap carrier had tons of Ki's and i had to retreat.

But when i selected the air unit, i dindt realized i selected the entire army, i retreated, lost the province, and *Rage quit" :P

the nthe save was corrupted.

In my second one me and Shanxi were kiciking some jap and manchukuo ass and the save, corrupted again.

I even managed to cut off 2 Japanese divisions near the Mongolian Border!

Then i noticed Hainan was invaded by the jappies and send my last reserves there.

I also bought 3 series of Pz IV :P

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-01-2010, 20:01:59 »
Continued my Canada game in HoI 3. Date is now February 1941 and Germany controls Europe. I'm slowly building my expeditionary force. Soon I'll head to southern England and from there to Berlin >:)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-01-2010, 20:01:34 »
Well, I played quite a lot of HoI2, mostly the alternate history campaigns. HoI3 had terrible performance at release, so much lag for a mostly 2d interface....

The reason I liked the alternate ones was because it was actually fun and gave some freedom, the main campaigns are likely reading through a story that you exactly how it ends. THere was such little freedom to really do anything other than re-live history to the exact details I just found it really boring.

[11PzG]matyast

« Reply #23 on: 06-01-2010, 20:01:11 »
I am currently playing HoI2 with one of my friends...really nice game. I love the strategy, and despise partisans.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
HoI 3 language
« Reply #24 on: 19-04-2010, 22:04:10 »
Ok,it's about Hearts of Iron 3.
I've bought it when I was in Berlin (Because it was just releasted!!) and the problem is that it's on German.
German language isn't too difficult but it's just a pain in the ass with all those complicated political terms.
So if any one knows how to change it to English, PLEASE HELP  ;)
I'm a big HoI fan  ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-04-2010, 22:04:13 »
I've bought it when I was in Berlin (Because it was just releasted!!) and the problem is that it's on German.
German language isn't too difficult but it's just a pain in the ass with all those complicated political terms.
So if any one knows how to change it to English, PLEASE HELP  ;)
I'm a big HoI fan  ;D
Merge,
added this to an existing HoI thread.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19-04-2010, 22:04:59 »
never got my head around how to play the damn thing.  The tutorial made it worse.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-04-2010, 23:04:30 »
This game(s) goes to same category with civilizations. Too damn boring.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20-04-2010, 01:04:31 »
You two Suck

HOI is the 1337

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-04-2010, 01:04:42 »
Hey let's help this guy:
So if any one knows how to change it to English, PLEASE HELP  ;)
I'm a big HoI fan  ;D