Author Topic: Port en Bessin 64  (Read 17354 times)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: Port en Bessin 64
« Reply #75 on: 08-01-2012, 14:01:19 »
Why is there fieldarty? It makes the KwKs utterly useless. It is still very easy to cap both Widerstandsnester without it, because there is vast space to flank and sneak near by.

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24-04-2012, 19:04:32 »
When the Brits capped outskirts, they can cap the Harbour and the right Wiederstandsnest flag.
IMO this is quity unfair. because the Sherman can simply drive there and Kills the Stug ( the only chance for the gerries to turn around the round) pretty easy. Please fix this for the next Patch.

And maybe add one Panzerschreck pick up kit at the harbour. Sometimes its qutie impossible to kill the Shermans with Fausts and Geballtes, cause he never stops.

Thanks

Offline Uberplatypus

• "The machine gun is a much overrated weapon."
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 31-07-2012, 08:07:17 »
I think this map is very unfair to the Germans. The only armor they get is the StuG, and that spawns far too late to do any good, due to the fact that if they've been pushed all the way back to Widerstandsnest 57 there probably isn't any way for them to save the round anyway. Either make the StuG spawn near Outskirts, remove tanks entirely, or give the Germans some useful AT - Kit to deal with spawn camping Sherman. (I believe only Gebaltes currently) Either Panzerfaust kit or 1 or 2 pick up Panzershrecks like Glockner said. I have rarely ever seen Germans win on this map and when they do it's due to heavily stacked teams.
Crashing full APC's since 1942.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 31-07-2012, 16:07:21 »
leave the armor layout as is, it is currently the only map that is aimed at infantry combat but with a little bit of armor support... also there are panzerfaust pickup kits around the map.

Offline hawkeye2816

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 23-08-2012, 07:08:18 »
I don't know if this has been mentioned (I only skimmed over the post), but the machinegun in the church cannot be dismounted once entered, so you can only get off by either getting killed or suicide.  I ran into this problem on SP, so I'm not sure if it's there in MP, but it follows that it would be.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 31-08-2012, 22:08:57 »
I have to say the Brits bleed FAR FAR to slow, just today the Germans held all flags for the entoere round, this was only interrupted for like 5 minutes (probably less), because the whole Brit team consisted of camping idiots and the sherman driver was one of the worst I have ever seen.

The Germans won the round of course, but only with about 170 or even less tickets more than the Brits.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09-11-2013, 01:11:10 »
I have to say the Brits bleed FAR FAR to slow, just today the Germans held all flags for the entoere round, this was only interrupted for like 5 minutes (probably less), because the whole Brit team consisted of camping idiots and the sherman driver was one of the worst I have ever seen.

The Germans won the round of course, but only with about 170 or even less tickets more than the Brits.

Just to jump on this, I agree that the bleed is WAY to slow for the Brits. I never thought it was a problem (just made round on that map drag out on the 128 server) until today:

The Brits won this round eventually (47-0 I think) and we held a flag for maybe a total of 5 min. Nothing that would ever stop our bleed.

Right now it seems as if the bleed doesn't do anything. (maybe give the Germans more tickets?) tbh every round I've played lately it seems the Brits bleed just as fast as the Germans die. It feels like a team death match. It gives the Brits no incentive to cap flags when they can sit back and kill just as many Germans without occupying flags.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 05-02-2014, 16:02:07 »
Just yersterday i recognized again, that the germans are srewed once they have been pushed towards the city (second last flag, port en bessin). The spawning germans here have only very few cover, especially those who spawn on the pier. They can easily be shot from the widerstandsnest and those tower thingy. My suggestion is to relocate the spawnpoints towards the city or placing some more cover on the pier.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09-04-2014, 15:04:12 »
2.46 changelog for Port en Bessin 64

• Increased the number of tickets to 1000 for both teams.
  • Increased the bleed speed for the Allies to 14 tickets per minute (instead of the previous minuscule 3 tickets per minute). The Axis teams start fast bleeding when they don't control any flags.
  • The Sherman now spawns while the Allies don't control either Church or Shipyard (with 2-4 minutes delay at the start of a round). The StuG starts spawning when the British hold both Church and Shipyard.
  • Church: moved a bit in the Axis favor + made it uncappable from the upper floor and the staircase of the church.
  • Widerstandsnest 56: Fixed players unable to leave the westernmost emplaced MG.
  • Outskirts: Fixed the flagzone so you can't capture it from the water.
  • The G43 rifle in the German assault kit was replaced with the G41(W) (also affects PeB 16).
  • Added 3 pickup Panzerschreck kits at Church, Widerstandsnest 56 and Outskirts.
  • Removed commander artillery.
  • Many spawnpoints moved away from the flags a bit, they were all too close.
  • Fixed minor issues in spawning and combat areas.
  • Cosmetic (visual) fixes.

Minimap for reference:
« Last Edit: 09-04-2014, 17:04:06 by gavrant »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09-04-2014, 18:04:47 »
But what about bleed activation? Brits still need only 2 flags to stop the bleed?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09-04-2014, 18:04:07 »
No they need to cap all flags now.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09-04-2014, 18:04:16 »
The Allies stop bleeding only if the Germans control neither Port-en-Bessin, nor Widerstandsnest 57.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 09-04-2014, 19:04:26 »
Ok, thanks for answers.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07-05-2014, 15:05:00 »
So, has anyone actually seen the Britons win this map in 2.46?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08-05-2014, 19:05:27 »
Actually just saw that yesterday: (first time in 2.46)

To put it in perspective tho the Brit team was much better than the Germans and had been crushing them the past 2 rounds. Some of the admins on the other end were getting frustrated. And you can see it took us till about 90ish tickets to cap them out. They even capped PeB back twice and made us backtrack to get it before we finally managed to get into WN57. We had some really good SLs on our team :)