Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 6th May 2009: Lightweight  (Read 13290 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 6th May 2009: Lightweight
« Reply #60 on: 07-05-2009, 23:05:04 »
The Stuart didn't fare quite as well in testing the Tigers 88mm.
Hmm really? lol.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08-05-2009, 00:05:37 »
ok,
 I have a real question about Purple Heart Lane if the mapper would be so kind as to answer it.

It would be historically inaccurate for the mortar platoon to really have been employed any earlier in the battle and as such, I would really like to know what the mapper's solution was...

Actually I think I made it like you say, so when Americans have taken Bridge No.4 (Belgian Gate famous bridge) the Mortar spawns on the other side of the bridge (behind the causeway bank from where the germans are) so that should be OK both historically and gameplay-wise.
Also bridge.4 is non recap for axis so it would mean little sense to place the mortar at the flag (I dislike the idea of defenders having to go into a non recap flagzone to kill the mortar guy).

@ Mokusaku - yes it feels slightly bigger, but its actually 1:1 scale to the real place... these fields are big, and the distance from 502nd mainbase to last flag is ~1600meters of gameplay distance.. that is also one of the reasons the first three flags are non recap for the axis, the game would never reach the final stage if they could take those back.

thanks for the answer Natty,
 From the US Army accounts, the Mortar platoon was exposed to German fire as they were forced to deploy in front of the Belgian gate, so if possible, please make the mortar position very exposed and vulnerable.

I look forward to this map, as I am going to laugh my ass off if anyone ever does attempt a bayonet rush a la Cole's rush. The bayonet rush, while a storied affair, really was a massive tactical blunder as the Airborne barely scraped 70 men together to take part in the charge.

With stronger German will, those poor boys would have never stood a chance. As they trickled one by one through the gate, they would have been cut down by MG's and indirect fire, if the German defence had been more resilient in their defence in place.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 08-05-2009, 02:05:58 »
I really do hope we get to see the M24 'Chaffee' next.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 08-05-2009, 11:05:02 »
I really do hope we get to see the M24 'Chaffee' next.

I wouldn't bet on it since it appeared late 1944?

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 08-05-2009, 12:05:23 »
damn and again it looks freaking awsome cant wait!!  ;D
Signature is too big

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 08-05-2009, 15:05:12 »
@sheikyerbouti

Well that doesn't really work... We like history, but the placing of weapons are done to support gameplay first. Mortar guy can be killed, but never would I place a Mortar in direct fire of the defenders. There is a mortar Kit though, which allow you to place that one where you want, if you want to follow history, you can always set it up in a vulnurable position  ;) - I see you read up on this battle, nice!  :)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08-05-2009, 23:05:22 »
@ Natty,
 For the last couple of weeks, in tandem with the updates, I have been reading up on our future battles according to historical accounts. I will be using that mortar kit, provided you haven't hidden it somewhere strange (we need a walkthrough for specialty and hidden kits)

I find that since you guys are so keen on accuracy, that having some knowledge of the scenario in play, makes it much more enjoyable and allows for exploiting some of the very same tactics used the first time around.

My main resource as of late has been : history.army.mil 

I certainly recommend it for anyone who is interested in our upcoming theatre of war.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08-05-2009, 23:05:57 »
(we need a walkthrough for specialty and hidden kits)

Some german dude did a list of all pickup kits with maps, don't know if he updated it to 2.15 though.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09-05-2009, 00:05:41 »
man i try sooooooo hard to pick apart what they make and find historical inaccuracy but the have every thing 99% correct.

Good job guys ;)
                          -FB
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Snake[NL]

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 13-05-2009, 12:05:46 »
Looks really good and cant wait to run on PHL  ;D