Author Topic: Comet?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
Re: Comet?
« Reply #15 on: 03-05-2009, 13:05:33 »
We won`t see this tank until FHSW2 will appear, than you have small shadow of hope. But FHSW2 probably won`t appear  :'(

BTW

What about that tank

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/M24-Chaffee-latrun-1.jpg
They appeared on frontline in half of 1944 but there probably were any in normandy. They saw France, Italy and fall of Deutshland.
But if I am worng about normandy I`ll be happy ;D

Offline silian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-05-2009, 13:05:09 »
Quote from: NoCoolOnesLeft
From what I can recall, the Comets that arrived in time for the offensive through the Ardennes did not see any (or very little) action. The crews were not properly trained to use the new vehicles and were reverted back to using their old Shermans/Cromwells.

At least this is what I can remember, but I may be getting confused with something else.

Yeah the plan was for the 11th Armoured Div to re-equip with Comets in December '44. Hitler, clearly fearful of this new British tank, ordered a huge offensive to hamper the process.  ;D

11th Armoured finally got their Comets in March '45, and the division went into combat with it's new mounts on March 28th.

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-05-2009, 21:05:47 »
:-X

btw, talking about the comet, will we see the Me 163 „Komet“ in the next release?

it did see combat service in summer 44. why waste it on fictional maps like "alpenfestung"?
And to tack on more woes, Komets were only really used to attack strategic bomber formations, which we won't see.

Taranov

« Reply #18 on: 05-05-2009, 22:05:01 »
Comet used in last months of war, only in 11 armoured division.
Also better to move this thread to "Suggestions"