Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 29th April 2009: Purple Heart Lane  (Read 21394 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Wonderful map - Seems it would take over Sfakia for me in terms of that kind of warfare... Just hope it has bot-support..or will before the release

I must note though, there is no screenshot of the orchard that marked the German stronghold, or those perculiar trees that marked the street in both Pvt Allen and Gearbox's map... and I know they were really there

I do wish that 88 can lobe shells at least slightly so that it can pummel bots... I mean people all the way until its capture....

Any nebelwerfer?

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Why at such an insane time (1:30) again? :(

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Just stared at the new update screenies with "The presidents speech" track from the Day after tomorrow OSt playing in the background... a moment of aptness whilst the rest of the world prays for some cure or oinkment for swine flu.  An amazing looking map.  These places look so different, serene, without fighting.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
The amount of detail on that map is just plain ludicrous. Puts up a fight against Lili's Tobruk and Sidi Rezegh in terms of small, endless details.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
As others said before, it reminds me of Brother in Arms, except this is even better ofcourse. Awesome Natty!

Airplanes on this map for the Germans? Tanks?...I assume there is no planes at least. But panzers?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
As others said before, it reminds me of Brother in Arms, except this is even better ofcourse. Awesome Natty!

Airplanes on this map for the Germans? Tanks?...I assume there is no planes at least. But panzers?

Read up on the Battle and you'll know what you will find on the battlefield.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
nattyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! that's awesome mate  !!! ;)

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile

Let's just say it's not going to be a fun time to be an Amerrican when this map comes up during a rotation.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Let's just say it's not going to be a fun time to be an Amerrican when this map comes up during a rotation.

Why on earth do you think that?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
ready your smoke grenades Americans or start digging your own grave
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Yes you see New sandbags. You will see them on all new maps. we will not replace the African ones.

This is a Pushmap. People might remember the old FH1 map. The map starts with a long narrow Corridor where US Soldiers must fight there way to the Flak 18. When the US take the 3rd Pushflag the Map opens in a Wide area with the Ingouef Farm and the famous Apple Orchards.

You will not see any Vehicles but lot of Mortars, Sniper rifles and the Nebelwerfer. We constructed a Complex Spawn system on this map with advanced Spawns to make it as Enjoyable as Possible.

One thing you cant find in the News is that we make new Waterplanes for this map. It allowes, other as in BF2 Players to go Prone and crouch inside the Water. This is very cool and makes it possible to cross the Widly floated Fields ;)

And Yeah be prepared our News Box is filled with nice secrets. ^^

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Me likey.  Seriously, if I could, I'd give Natty a hug.  I think this is by far the nicest looking of the 2.2 maps I've seen thus far.  Really looking forward to earning my own purple heart (but getting a few Germans first).

You know Natty, 6th FJR probably looted a lot of shiney Beretta smgs from the Italians... smgs that are already in the mod... that could be placed as, say, a pick up kit....
Seconded

Now, onto the playermodels!
« Last Edit: 30-04-2009, 18:04:28 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
Yes you see New sandbags. You will see them on all new maps. we will not replace the African ones.

This is a Pushmap. People might remember the old FH1 map. The map starts with a long narrow Corridor where US Soldiers must fight there way to the Flak 18. When the US take the 3rd Pushflag the Map opens in a Wide area with the Ingouef Farm and the famous Apple Orchards.

You will not see any Vehicles but lot of Mortars, Sniper rifles and the Nebelwerfer. We constructed a Complex Spawn system on this map with advanced Spawns to make it as Enjoyable as Possible.

One thing you cant find in the News is that we make new Waterplanes for this map. It allowes, other as in BF2 Players to go Prone and crouch inside the Water. This is very cool and makes it possible to cross the Widly floated Fields ;)

And Yeah be prepared our News Box is filled with nice secrets. ^^

Awesome  :).

And I agree with Mr. Uranium. All of the 2.2 maps are looking great so far, but this one is by far the best looking (of course I can't comment on gameplay :P). I was very impressed!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Woohoo for secret... I used to hate the fact that you couldn't prone in water in FH1... Nice to have that unasked question answered "Is there more water than we see in the screenies" and about the nebelwerfer....

'Can't wait for Normandy... Stop torturing me with these sneek-peeks - It makes me want it too much!!!

« Last Edit: 30-04-2009, 18:04:50 by djinn »

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
Is it like "blurry" when your under water...?   :P