Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 29th April 2009: Purple Heart Lane  (Read 21389 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Purple Heart Lane

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. This week we have a bunch of screenshots from the map 'Purple Heart Lane', by Natty Wallo. This map is based on the 0.7 map pack map 'The Road to Carentan - 1944', which was made by Pvt. Allen. The map portrays the advance of the US 101st Airborne Division over the Carentan Causeway. This causeway was nicknamed the 'purple heart lane', because so many men were shot on it. (The purple heart is a medal awarded to US soldiers who are wounded or killed by the enemy.)

Read the rest of this update on our website.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
Great map.

Awesome work Natty! :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
You know Natty, 6th FJR probably looted a lot of shiney Beretta smgs from the Italians... smgs that are already in the mod... that could be placed as, say, a pick up kit....

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
I'm too afraid to comment.  :-[

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
so this takes place way before the major battle of Carentan?

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
Nice Update! Good to see another Normandy map!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
No, on the way to it.  The thing I don't get is....why is there only one screenshot, that I see anyways, of what looks like the causeway?  Other then that, its just some villages, and a couple shots of the end of the causeway with the Belgian gate o_O

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
minimap please?

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
nice map

azreal

Woah...didn't even realize it was Wed. again. Oh well, Natty's map is really good, I think once you guys place it you'll be very impressed ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
minimap please?

Yeah, agreed, I'd like to see that as well...

Offline Kurb King

• View Profile
Nice looking map, I see a number of familiar landmarks I remember for the FH1 map.  The night setting looks interesting, bet it will make it easier for the allies to advance than it was in FH1.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
Looks awesome. Will the minimap be up when it is officially put on the maps section of the website? And awesome again on the "check back next week". Is this the same sky(box) as gazala?

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile
I'm getting a heavy Brothers in Arms vibe from that map. Now just from the similar setting, but it LOOKS like the first BiA game to boot.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
that FH1 map was always a massacre for US, they only hope is grenade spam to break the first line. (i have barely been killed by rifle shots on the map in FH1)

i think the smoke grenades are gonna change this  :)