Author Topic: Gays caused Srebrenica Massacre!  (Read 7595 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Gays caused Srebrenica Massacre!
« on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:57 »
Homophobic American general would like to say something:

A retired US general has said homosexuality in the Dutch armed forces was partly responsible for failing to prevent the 1995 genocide in Srebrenica during the Bosnian war

John Sheehan, a former NATO commander and senior Marine officer, made his remarks at a Senate hearing where he suggested Srebrenica was not defended properly because Dutch ranks included openly gay soldiers, who were deployed to protect Bosnian Muslim civilians.

He argued against plans by US President Barack Obama to end a ban on allowing gays to serve openly in the US military

Full story here: http://www.bruneinews.net/story/613697

I was amazed by his homophobic stupidity, it's so easy to blame a certain group for a problem and use it as excuse to ban them from the military.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Gays caused Srebrenica Massacre!
« Reply #1 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:40 »
Another flamewar bound to happen.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:26 »
sounds like he's a reasonable chap :P
He certainly uses common sense in his military doctrine.
Failing due to allow gays ... . I guess the health care issue of the USA also can be blamed to to gays being in the congress ?

Offline Invincible

• Armyyyyarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
    • Javelin Photos
« Reply #3 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:42 »
I wanted to make the exact same post.

I don't think our army doesn't function right since we have gays.... ::)

Anyway's so if we look at a "gay" person, why wouldn't he be capable of making the right decisions?
You have homo's who you don't notice they are gay, and you have homo's who act like a women.. The second one I never seen in the army..
But if so, He might act like a women. does that mean women's can't make the right decisions as well in a wartime situation?
"If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:36 »
Saw it in the news, laughed a bit about it and then continued to wonder what the real reason must have been for those soldiers not to act. Because i know many wanted to but had specific orders to not do a thing about it. Same with the Rwanda genocide, could have been stopped, or at least made a lot less worse, but for some reason the soldiers in the field got orders to just light up the bbq and enjoy the show, instead of stopping it.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:06 »
I think the real reason probably was that the Dutch where not expecting a big fight and had no heavy weapons, just some light armoured cars while the Serbs came in with Russian MBT's  :P
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:33 »
I dont get it, he is a general, why would he say something as stupid as what he said. He knows it were orders all soldiers had to follow so.. wtf.. what is the reason for this statement, besides his homofobia. Something to do with iraq or what?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-03-2010, 11:03:06 »
I think the real reason probably was that the Dutch where not expecting a big fight and had no heavy weapons, just some light armoured cars while the Serbs came in with Russian MBT's  :P

For that conflict, good point.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-03-2010, 12:03:20 »
The Dutch were indeed a 400-strong lightly armed infantry unit surrounded by much larger, mechanized Serb forces with artillery backing. The Dutch requested air support, and were denied by the holier-than-thou UN until it was too late - when air strikes were allowed, most of the force was already held hostage by the Serbs who threatened to kill their hostages if bombed. Sure, the Dutch could have held the moral high ground and do something even without air support, in which case the mass graves would have claimed them as well. Probably we would have had the Serbs claiming afterwards that it was really the eevul Bosniaks who killed the Dutch, and the go on blabbing how they were fighting a holy war to protect the Europe from Islam.

But anyway, sounds like some ex-general is about to carve himself a political career in the Bible Belt and uses this as a political vehicle. So it's just to confirm the fundamentalists in their medieval beliefs that there's something so untrustworthy about homosexuals in the US that they should not be allowed out of the closet while in the armed forces (unlike in those debased, immorally liberal European countries), and that women in the US are so inferior that they should not be allowed in combat arms (unlike in those debased, immorally liberal European countries).

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-03-2010, 12:03:52 »
I dont get it, he is a general, why would he say something as stupid as what he said. He knows it were orders all soldiers had to follow so.. wtf.. what is the reason for this statement, besides his homofobia. Something to do with iraq or what?

He argued against plans by US President Barack Obama to end a ban on allowing gays to serve openly in the US military

It's his argument against gays in the US military.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-03-2010, 12:03:13 »
The Dutch were indeed a 400-strong lightly armed infantry unit surrounded by much larger, mechanized Serb forces with artillery backing. The Dutch requested air support, and were denied by the holier-than-thou UN until it was too late - when air strikes were allowed, most of the force was already held hostage by the Serbs who threatened to kill their hostages if bombed. Sure, the Dutch could have held the moral high ground and do something even without air support, in which case the mass graves would have claimed them as well. Probably we would have had the Serbs claiming afterwards that it was really the eevul Bosniaks who killed the Dutch, and the go on blabbing how they were fighting a holy war to protect the Europe from Islam.

But anyway, sounds like some ex-general is about to carve himself a political career in the Bible Belt and uses this as a political vehicle. So it's just to confirm the fundamentalists in their medieval beliefs that there's something so untrustworthy about homosexuals in the US that they should not be allowed out of the closet while in the armed forces (unlike in those debased, immorally liberal European countries), and that women in the US are so inferior that they should not be allowed in combat arms (unlike in those debased, immorally liberal European countries).

You are well informed Kelmola.
I have heard this story form someone who was there at the time. He said the head honcho's at NATO were to busy discussing whether to send air support or not. That whatever decision they wanted to make was already too late by the time they made it.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Invincible

• Armyyyyarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
    • Javelin Photos
« Reply #11 on: 19-03-2010, 13:03:44 »
A couple of my officers where involved at Srebrenica. Its a unwritten law we will never talk about that Mather ever. They will go ballistic, they are still full of rage about it.. That really broke some hardcore soldiers for there rest of there live.

It's easy to just blame the whole DutchBat. But think how it would be if you where standing in on of those soldiers. Who couldn't do shit but just watch, the officers who had too make a hard moral decision.. God I hope I never need to be in such a position.

A different story,

I know our Generals where scared for yet another genocide like Srebrenica during the battle of Chora.
Then they gave the order "stand and fight" and send in the whole dutch army, only leaving administrative personal behind to secure camp Holland. Biggest dutch offensive ever since Korea.

http://www.trouw.nl/krantenarchief/2007/06/23/2286628/Dick_Berlijn__Het_was_vechten_of_het_gebied_opgeven.html
"If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-03-2010, 13:03:00 »
Even at Chora NATO wanted to keep the air support, trying to withdraw it before the battle ended;

At 9:30 am, NATO briefly withdrew the aircraft supporting fighting at Chora, but air support was restored at 9:40 when COL Van Griensven reportedly threatened to withdraw the six Dutch F-16s from NATO command.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-03-2010, 13:03:01 »
In a heavily biased children text-book that i 've read during my childhood, all classic European and American figures are shown as clear-straight gentlemen with great attitude and qualities.

Not until i read the fact that Alexander the Great is gay and Julius Caesar and several other Roman Emperors are bi-sexuals. George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, etc etc American that were considered noblemen in the past are quite racist in today's standard. Their stories are cleansed, white-washed for children by overly-religious sensitive, fact-fantasizing book publisher.

I guess it is the same "storybook children" idealism in that "everybody is normally straight, do their duties and willing to die for it, fearless and noble warrior" environment that this ex-general wanted to show the world. While in fact, i read a lot about top brass ass-kissers, corrupt officials, and morally questionable decision-makers (like Rwanda and that Srebenica Air Support rejection) in that same environment.

Then we can safely conclude, anyone voting from Bible Belt region are ignorants. Since most of them seems to buy this kind of crap.

I believe if you are against other belief, you shouldn't use manipulative measures. Even in Islam, framing/scapegoating other people is considered a 'heavier' sin than murder.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-03-2010, 14:03:29 »
Saw it in the news, laughed a bit about it and then continued to wonder what the real reason must have been for those soldiers not to act. Because i know many wanted to but had specific orders to not do a thing about it. Same with the Rwanda genocide, could have been stopped, or at least made a lot less worse, but for some reason the soldiers in the field got orders to just light up the bbq and enjoy the show, instead of stopping it.

To play the devils advocate here (which could hold some truth in both cases):
They were 'only' Muslims. Since when does a true blood general of the Nato care for them? Be it in Rwanda or Kosovo.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off