Author Topic: Aviator's License  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Aviator's License
« Reply #15 on: 12-03-2010, 23:03:21 »
Military is always a good route for that. Its what im doing.

AHAHAHAHA!!! Hey! this guy is gonna be a jet pilot. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!!one!!! Let me guess, gonna do a couple years enlisted then get your credits up to go to fork and knife school?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you'll be a *snicker* pilot in the military.
Only 4% of Airforce Personel (or Officers, forgot which one exactly) are Pilots......but they will probably have some clubs you can join where you can get some cheap air time. I want my Private Pilots License, too. Then I will move on to my Rotor license.. I just can't afford to do it on my own at the moment. So, until I can I just fly unconditionally with my dad. He used to be an instructer also, so he has all the books and tought me most the stuff I need. It also helps i've had an intrest and have been exposed to Aviation my entire life. Even when I was really young my dad used to take me and my brother flying in his first plane, but since then he's been diagnosed with Diabetes (thanks to Vietnam) and 4 years back bought his second plane. So I might be able to record my time in his plane if he doesn't mind... ;D so.. yeah, the material is no problem I have most the knowledge I need, just got to get legalized now.  ::) ..but I love flying, it's deffinetely worth it, go for your license!  It's practically as easy as driving.

@ Ted, I also want to get my AFF (accelerated Free Fall) license...
« Last Edit: 12-03-2010, 23:03:08 by Oddball »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-03-2010, 00:03:20 »
You don't need a license for Ultralights in the U.S., but if you do, then my past few months of on and off searching for facts about ultralights has born no fruit.

I am considering flying for the Navy for 4 or 5 years, and then I might take submarine training and start operating down in the blue deep. After that I figure I'll put the Aeronautical Engineering degree I plan on getting to use.
This may sound stupid, but get Flight Simulator 2004 or FSX. Learn how the panels and instruments work, and get a semi-feel for the aircraft. Practice makes perfect: if you can land a 747 succesfully in rough weather and poor visibility I'm sure you can handle smaller stuff as well!

I've already got both xD

It also helps i've had an intrest and have been exposed to Aviation my entire life.
\

Same here, I'm a 4th generation Aviator with my great-grandpa flying in ww1, grandpa flying transport in korea, with fighter duty towards the end. In vietnam, he flew combat missions and then eventually went in as part of the first wave to fly U-2's over russia. Then my dad is now vice-pres of lockheed so I always get to talk about airplanes with him. (Along with the occasional co-piloting fancy jets, both my dad and my grandpa are awesome cooks)
Aviation has been a large part of my life since day 1 I suppose.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-03-2010, 00:03:31 »
Nice flight history... my family is pretty much the same way with different objectives and exact specifics of course but yeah... I love it.

And if you go to the Navy I might be there, too.  :P Well, mabye.. if rumour turn to truth..I've heard depending on your abilities special forces will contact you even if your not from the same branch, i.e.: If someone went to the Army and were in the Green Barets they could get into the SEALs if contacted, anyone have confirmation on this? I plan to go to Westpoint if all goes well, do my 5 years in the Army, Green Barets or at least Airborne... then possibly serve with the SEALs... If that falls out I'll hit the Airforce, special forces recovery team, or attempt to be a pilot....however I don't want a career out of the Military, so i'm go to college to get into the Archeaology or Marine Biology field.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-03-2010, 02:03:35 »
Speaking from experience: The FAA will not let you fly if you are on any sort of anti-depressant medication.  Doctors won't even give you required physical if you have any in your system (you have be off the meds for 6 months before even trying).  Big bummer for me a few years back.

Also, smaller planes have strict weight limits, so if you happen to be a little chunky, be prepared to pay extra for flight time in bigger planes.  (Un)Fortunately, I never had to deal with that because of the above problem...

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-03-2010, 02:03:34 »

Also, smaller planes have strict weight limits, so if you happen to be a little chunky, \

I know this one!  ;D I wouldn't really consider myself chunky, just rather rugged...being 6' 3" and weighing in at 245lbs.... I'm a big dude... so it takes a little longer than it should when I fly with my dad to get off the runway...especially with full tanks. But, yeah.. the useful load is important, sort-of....  :D

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-03-2010, 04:03:20 »
I believe the weight limit for Ultralights is 5,000 pounds as defined by the FAA, so being 5'8-5'9 at 110 pounds, that comes in handy

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #21 on: 13-03-2010, 08:03:37 »
Military is always a good route for that. Its what im doing.

AHAHAHAHA!!! Hey! this guy is gonna be a jet pilot. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!!one!!! Let me guess, gonna do a couple years enlisted then get your credits up to go to fork and knife school?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you'll be a *snicker* pilot in the military.
Where did i say that LOL ROXORS IM GOING TO FLY FIGHTERJETS HAHAHAHA!@!@!@.
I'm enlisting in a non pilot role for a couple years and hope to eventually take the University route and hopefully be accepted as a pilot. Even if this works out ill most likely be flying antiquated prop jobs.
Also i don't need credits my grades are all well over the required for entrance into the RMC. No reason for you to be a complete douchebag about my comment.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-03-2010, 08:03:11 »
You don't need a license for Ultralights in the U.S., but if you do, then my past few months of on and off searching for facts about ultralights has born no fruit.

I am considering flying for the Navy for 4 or 5 years, and then I might take submarine training and start operating down in the blue deep. After that I figure I'll put the Aeronautical Engineering degree I plan on getting to use.

Wow lad, slow down there. Flying for the Navy, then looking at becoming a grunt in a sub AND THEN going for an Aeronautical degree is a bit much.

I have a Master in Aerospace Technologies and I must admit, after having done just 1 year of mandatory service in the army it had left me so out of mental shape that I had a really hard  time at the start of my studies. You are looking at +/-8 years here. That is definitely too long in my eyes.

You have to chose one thing.  ;D
« Last Edit: 13-03-2010, 08:03:52 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-03-2010, 16:03:07 »
I was thinking of getting the degree first, and sub stuff is only a maybe :-o

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-03-2010, 19:03:10 »
Or after you get out of the Navy you can go to a Liberal Arts school to get back into the mental field then go to an Engineering School...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15-03-2010, 08:03:15 »
Or after you get out of the Navy you can go to a Liberal Arts school to get back into the mental field then go to an Engineering School...

Word!
* N24Reporter is rolling all over the floor atm.... ;D
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-03-2010, 20:03:55 »

Word!
* N24Reporter is rolling all over the floor atm.... ;D
What?!  >:( I never said I recommended it, just a suggestion.

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15-03-2010, 20:03:43 »
Then my dad is now vice-pres of lockheed so I always get to talk about airplanes with him.

Holy fvck!

You serious? Thats epic haha...
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15-03-2010, 23:03:10 »
Yeah, but which one? There are five or so.

Considering that your dad is one of the spares VPs for Lockheed, can we all get jobs if this recession gets too bad?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-03-2010, 00:03:57 »
Yeah, but which one? There are five or so.

Considering that your dad is one of the spares VPs for Lockheed, can we all get jobs if this recession gets too bad?
I think its the entire company in general o_O
« Last Edit: 16-03-2010, 00:03:40 by :| Hi »