Author Topic: Fall of Tobruk 64  (Read 25766 times)

Offline Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of Tobruk 64
« Reply #45 on: 10-12-2010, 04:12:20 »
6 pounder? I think we talk about same place then. That spawn isn't on cap zone as far as I know. Cap zone is inside bunker south from there.

Hm, I'm almost certain I have spawned at that location, and was duly shot or killed by mortar fire. And isn't there typically more than one spawn location?

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20-02-2012, 13:02:41 »
In the beginning of the mapthe German soften get shelld by the Allied mortar right ON there SPAWNPOINTS, the mortar even hits behind them quite often.
This is totally unfair and a fair player wouldnt do it i my opinion. And most of time I am pretty sure that the guys on mortar are very aware of them shooting at the spawnpoints. (Of course I am just talking about the spawnpoints in the german "base.

So what could we do about it? Total mapoverhaule?

No just add an ABS line for the Germans, so at least it would be forbidden to shoot the spawnpoints by server rules. By now its kind of a grey area.
Of course it cant prevent it completly, but at least you would have some base on which you can kick those guys for a minute.
Ofcourse the ABS line should only include the area of the spawnpoints and litte bit ahead.

If you see any Problems for the Allied team please tell me.

An exampleof such a change would be Girabub where it has been changed for the Brits in very simmilar way as my proposal. So why not for the Germans at Fall of Tobruk there getting raped far worse by the Mortars as the Brits in Girabub are getting by rifels.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20-02-2012, 14:02:50 »
Atleast on hslan, shooting at spawn point is against rules. Adding ABC line on the other hand would do nothing, because it is allowed to shoot beyond it.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20-02-2012, 14:02:41 »
All my arguments are still valid, since it is forbidden in 762 to shoot behind the ABC line. Shooting at spawnpoints is not handled as strictly as ABC line issues. The map is played fas more often on 762 (smaler maplist) and with much more players usually.
Also an ABC line wouldnt change the gameplay for hslan (Or does it?), so I think it would be a good compromise between the rules of both servers.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20-02-2012, 18:02:11 »
I imagine it would be frustrating for the Germans getting constantly mortared, but it's just as shitty if you're allied and the first two flags have still yet to fall, you're putting up a great defense, and with all the tricky hidden passes, underground tunnels and alternate routes, some German (usually an SL) sneaks past and spawns his whole squad in that two-story building on the corner of the road that connects the Allied mortar flag with the church flag. Within two minutes, anyone that spawns at the back two Allied flags is dead within five seconds of spawning, because the German squad has picked up all the Allied pick-up kits in the area (sniper rifle, No4 w/ satchels + S-mines, Boys rifle w/ Thermos nuke, etc.) and the admins on neither server do anything about it. This is a-okay on one server, and completely ignored on the other, even if it is technically against the rules and obviously against the spirit of them. Even though backcapping isn't possible, this still happens on half of all rounds on Fall of Tobruk.

Not that there is really anything anyone can do about it. The more underground passages and building mazes this map has the better, but the Allies are fucked nearly as hard as the Germans are on this map. Maybe swap one of the Allied mortars for some more cool pick-up kits? This map has some of the best ones (like the Boys + Thermos nukes, the No4 + satchels and S-mines, and my personal favorite, the Thompson with 20-round clips with HE grenades and Binocs). Maybe lose one mortar but something fun, like a Lewis gun with smoke grenades, a repairman kit with the 20-round Thompson and a wrench, an explosion-man kit with a pistol and no main weapon, but two satchels and two nukes/sticky bombs. Two kits of that kind of thing (on different parts of the map, like the multiple places for the Thompson/HE grenade kit, Boys/thermos kit, No4/satchels/S-mines kits) would be very useful and in the hands of a competent player would kill just as many Germans over the course of the map as the mortars would, but (and this would be the key) they wouldn't be frustrating Germans nearly as much as continued mortar slaughter is.
« Last Edit: 20-02-2012, 18:02:31 by Andrew »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20-02-2012, 20:02:45 »
Getting killed by the mortar is frustrating at the beginning of the round certainly, but later on its okay, because it spreads over the map.
The thing about the squats behind the lines is worng, at leaston 762. When the Germans dont get through the allied defense, there are at most one or two Germans behind the lines, pretty much never a whole squad.
And when there are squats at the allied base while its uncap or somewhere else in far uncapthere get warend or even kicked.
Yes 762 has a quite good adminteam, surely there are incidents were the admins are not aware of somethings, but most of the time it works. Play more 762, ask for admis you will recognice it.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20-02-2012, 21:02:00 »
The map feedback threads are not for advertising servers  :-\

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07-07-2012, 13:07:09 »
Really nice Map, but it has some not nice corners. IMO it’s too hard for the Germans to take one of the first flags. Ive seen this much too many times, that you simply get mortared away and even when you made it alive into cover, a random brit spawns right behind you and kills you. This problem is caused by: Nearly no cover from mortar and rifle fire and the wrong placed spawn points (all around the flag). At the other flags this works fine, cause the mortars the only can concentrate at one flag and not at three, and you got enough cover from rifles. Same works with the brits at the Church. When the mortar already is hitting your base and you have to cap the Church flag (with this capzone without any cover and the spawns placed all around it), its way to hard.
So my suggestion is:
1.Place the spawns for british team at Outskirts and Officers Building flags north of them
2.Place the Spawns for german team at Church flag west of it. (ive made a little minimap with my incredible paint skillz)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/fotspawns.png/

3. optional: Take away of one mortar per team (the germans has then 2 mortars and the brits 1)

Ps. Add an ammo box by the german mortars

Any Opinions?

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14-07-2012, 04:07:41 »
Really nice Map, but it has some not nice corners. IMO it’s too hard for the Germans to take one of the first flags. Ive seen this much too many times, that you simply get mortared away and even when you made it alive into cover, a random brit spawns right behind you and kills you. This problem is caused by: Nearly no cover from mortar and rifle fire and the wrong placed spawn points (all around the flag). At the other flags this works fine, cause the mortars the only can concentrate at one flag and not at three, and you got enough cover from rifles. Same works with the brits at the Church. When the mortar already is hitting your base and you have to cap the Church flag (with this capzone without any cover and the spawns placed all around it), its way to hard.
So my suggestion is:
1.Place the spawns for british team at Outskirts and Officers Building flags north of them
2.Place the Spawns for german team at Church flag west of it. (ive made a little minimap with my incredible paint skillz)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/fotspawns.png/

3. optional: Take away of one mortar per team (the germans has then 2 mortars and the brits 1)

Ps. Add an ammo box by the german mortars

Any Opinions?

This is still my favorite map in the game, and these are great suggestions. I notice what you are talking about when trying to cap church, the spawn points are so random around it, and with not that many places to hide while capping, it is pretty dang hard. And I think all the mortars are a bit much, remove one of each I agree.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10-04-2014, 14:04:57 »
2.46 changelog for Fall of Tobruk 64

• Team spawning added to all flags (this means that the Allies spawn in one place, the Axis - in another). No spawning for the Axis at the last 2 flags.
  • Introduced sector push for the first two flags (the Allies can't recapture them if both are in the German hands).
  • Expanded and improved combat area (primarily in E1-G2). Also, added ABC area for the Allies.
  • The Germans stop bleeding when they capture 4 or more flags. The Allies start bleeding when they hold 3 or less flags.
  • Fixed some Lewis bipods.
  • New, more aggressive lighting.
  • Tons of cosmetic fixes - floating, misplaced and flickering stuff (sometimes very ancient), broken undergrowth, you name it.

Minimap for reference:

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 27-07-2014, 17:07:18 »
2.48 changelog for Fall of Tobruk 64

• Fixed redundant push arrows.

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile