Author Topic: [Weapons] AT Grenade thrown without doing anything  (Read 1322 times)

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
Sorry for the title but I couldn't really explain this bug that happened to me some minutes ago.

During a round on Alam Halfa, I picked up a british AT kit from a dead soldier. Since there were plenty of Panzer at the flag, I selected the AT grenade but my hand was empty. I didn't take a screenshot but they were like I had a rifle in my hands.
I then selected the Boys rifle and a few second later : Boooom. One of my own AT grenade explosed, killing me and two of my teammates >_<'

I don't understand what happened since I didn't fire anything, so I take that as a bug. I don't know if someone else ever encountered the same problem ?
« Last Edit: 20-04-2009, 10:04:23 by Die Happy »

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
Re: [Weapons] AT Grenade thrown without doing anything
« Reply #1 on: 17-04-2009, 18:04:14 »
It's BF2 ekhm.... "feature". Most probably the soldier who's kit you've piicked up died in the moment of throwing the grenade. He unlocked the grenade and was ready to throw but he got killed before the grenade was thrown out. So that kit had unlocked grenade while laying on ground. When you picked it up and selected grenade it was automatically thrown out as it was already unlocked.

In few words: you have luck that it wasn't kit with Italian bomba ;)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:13 »
I think he might have been luckier with the Bomba Nano. With the huge blast radius of the sticky he killed 2 others and himself, with the bomba it could have been only him.

Rare unlucky moment Corsair..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:34 »
Yeah I thought about that Spit but didn't know it was BF2 engine related. It's a bit disturbing if, when picking up the kit of your dead mate, you don't know if you'll be able to use it or be instantly killed   :-\

And yes, a bomba a mano would just have killed me probably...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #4 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:45 »
At least it wasn't a pickup AT kit with the thermos bomb portable nuke.  That could have been messy for you.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:06 »
That´s weird, indeed. I had that in some WaW battles, too and always thought it had to do with lag.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-04-2009, 21:04:53 »
That´s weird, indeed. I had that in some WaW battles, too and always thought it had to do with lag.

It may be a combination of both.

I have had this happen, too.  But it happens very rarely.

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-04-2009, 10:04:50 »
this is exactly as [F|H]Spit wrote.
the triggered the grenade animation but got killed before actually firing. so when you then pick up the kit and switch to the grenade he immediately fires the grenade > boom.

dont know if this is a bug or a feature in BF2 but it is BF2 and not FH2 related "issue".
i think this can also happen with rifle grenades and other weapons that play some animation after pressing fire before they fire.
Live Long & Die Happy