Author Topic: Arcade Vehicle Explosions Graphics  (Read 4173 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Vehicle Explosions Graphics
« Reply #30 on: 24-01-2010, 17:01:45 »
Here's what I had to say on the matter of tank destruction once upon a wishful day
GENERAL WARNING:It tends to look like a wall of text, and it is :-):
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2994.45

About the black peats, you should note that what FH2 has currently is alot more detail than BF2's own tank wrecks etc.. have you seen the T90 wreck lately?

But certainly, I think a basic reskinning should be in order... Except that requires ALOT of backward work that most 'more contents' fans would not appreciate.

« Last Edit: 24-01-2010, 18:01:45 by djinn »

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #31 on: 24-01-2010, 18:01:07 »
Is there a way to make disabled tanks? So have if a tank gets damaged to a certain extent it can't move any more but the gun can still be used? Don't PR have something similar or am i dreaming?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24-01-2010, 18:01:31 »
As at yet, the devs have not found that to be possible

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #33 on: 24-01-2010, 19:01:42 »
'Cos that would be good, Alot more thanks were disabled in combat than blown sky high.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24-01-2010, 19:01:31 »
We had this in 2.0 release but when a tank droped to a certain health level it started to bounce/shake really hard and the driver couldn't do a thing. It ended up mostly with people being annoyed.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24-01-2010, 19:01:24 »
We had this in 2.0 release but when a tank droped to a certain health level it started to bounce/shake really hard and the driver couldn't do a thing. It ended up mostly with people being annoyed.

I loved that.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24-01-2010, 19:01:11 »
It's really too bad that BF2 doesn't support the same type of disabling of vehicles we saw in FH0.7. I never played FH2.0(didn't get BF2 until 2.15 came out), but I can't imagine I'd dislike an intentionally annoying change to the vehicles' handling after a significant amount of  damage more than the current system in which we have tanks that are literally on fire driving around perfectly normally.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #37 on: 25-01-2010, 23:01:42 »
Well in PR u have tanks with very difficult handiling, on 1 track, they can still move but turning the turret and such is disabled, I think. U have 2 wait for repair station. It basically shows as u would pop a tire and the vehicle leans on one side. BUT it bounces and shakes.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25-01-2010, 23:01:13 »
Arisaka should remember when our BMP Got disabled by a LAV25 and we had to make a last stand with our (30mm?) Cannon, then run away to take another BMP ;D

I agree, would be a bit annoying but really realistic. I would love to disable Tanks in Gazala..

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25-01-2010, 23:01:21 »
Arisaka should remember when our BMP Got disabled by a LAV25 and we had to make a last stand with our (30mm?) Cannon, then run away to take another BMP ;D

I agree, would be a bit annoying but really realistic. I would love to disable Tanks in Gazala..
More fun than annoying to me . It brings intensity to the whole affair

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26-01-2010, 00:01:51 »
It's really too bad that BF2 doesn't support the same type of disabling of vehicles we saw in FH0.7. I never played FH2.0(didn't get BF2 until 2.15 came out), but I can't imagine I'd dislike an intentionally annoying change to the vehicles' handling after a significant amount of  damage more than the current system in which we have tanks that are literally on fire driving around perfectly normally.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Sometimes you hit a Sherman with the faust, and it will start burning with very low health. However, the tank is still in perfect shape and can do everything a 100% healthy tank can. I do remember indeed, that in FH1, your tank's turret was incredibly slowed down and was hardly movable, and I think it bled to death as well. If we could get that in FH2, then that would make me super-happy just as well!

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26-01-2010, 00:01:41 »
Apparently we can't. Don't want to burst anyones bubble here but we had that since day one and it was tested in pub play. There were a lot of complaints becouse it annoyed tankers and people that don't like the view of bouncing tanks.

Personally I think it's for the better to not have this 'feature' than to have it in a crappy edition.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26-01-2010, 00:01:46 »
Hmm, I didn't know about the bouncing tanks. Strange, that in FH1, using the crappier engine, it worked perfectly. As for annoyance, I *do* feel the bleed should last say a half a minute or so, allowing the tanker to repair his tank out of the bleeding part of the health bar. That should settle that issue. By the way, I think anyone would be annoyed if his tank got hit - it just means you're targeted and you should bail out immediately, just like in real life! But oh well, if it can't be done.