Author Topic: Anctoville 64  (Read 14551 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anctoville 64
« Reply #15 on: 15-01-2010, 20:01:52 »
Works fine for me, runs smooth, and the rain effects <3

I'm so glad I have a good computer.  ;D

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-01-2010, 10:01:38 »
I have to correct myself here.
You can not have ultra high setting with software mode.

I noticed some other differences:

I don't have 5.1 sound in software anymore   :-[ Only stereo.
With hardware sound, there was kind of a low-pass filter applied to the sounds, what sounded quite good. The disatvantage was that the hearing distance was shorter. But I am not sure if the not so muffled distant sounds are because of the new sounds in 2.25 or because of the change from hardware to software mode.

A wild guess of me is that software mode does not apply all/any? of the computations (filter) to the sounds.

Afaik the rain effect is placed a lot of times on the map. Is it possible that each of these effect areas plays a rain sound and that all of them played together overcharge the soundcard which can only compute 128 voices at a time? If that is true one could delete the sound of the effect and replace it by one global rain sound.

I miss my surround sound so much  :'( !! PLEASE fix this.

Edit:

With more computing power with multiple core processors, software might be the way to go...?  I'm confused.

Hm I doubt that the sound is computed on another core in BF2, but the cores got faster too since the game was released.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 10:01:34 by Knitschi »

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-01-2010, 10:01:31 »
is it just me, or is rain effect missing allot of places?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-01-2010, 11:01:01 »
Inside buildings and heavy vegetation :P
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Rexalot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:18 »
The map played fine for me from a computer standpoint. Smooth etc. The "effects" didn't cause me any trouble.

I didn't like the flag cap pattern, it didn't seem to have any flow or order. To many points with no squad leader spawn and the one man in radius cap feature makes it near impossible to hold ground. Get a smaller then full server and all you end up doing is chasing the white flags. I would much rather see a flow. The push should be north/east then sweeping south.

I realize that the squad leader spawn is replaced with spawn trucks. That works for team play on an organized server. It doesn't work well in the pub style of play. It takes one village idiot to drive the vehicle across the map and then park it right in front of an enemy tank who'll camp it. It then becomes useless to the rest of the team. If your going to push the "spawn trucks" then you best include several more then what you have on the map or decrease the time to respawn when destroyed or the time before it self destructs when left empty.

I would also like to see flag caps that require more than one individual within the radius. Promote team play and team work. Right now this map does niether. No reason to join a sqaud (no S/L spawn) and anyone can spawn off the truck to make his or her own way to a flag point.

Last, the map is "dark". I'm sure this is part of the "effect" with the rain.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-01-2010, 14:01:03 »
Inside buildings and heavy vegetation :P

not sure what you mean with that but ok? when i get a new hdd ill get some pictures so show what i mean

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-01-2010, 15:01:28 »
I mean that there's no rain inside buildings and under heavy vegetation? :P

If you spot a place where the rain effect is missing (where it shouldn't be) please go ahead and take a picture.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-01-2010, 16:01:13 »
I noticed that the rain is sometimes not rendered for a while and then starts up again.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-01-2010, 17:01:27 »
ofcourse there is no rain inside buildings, you think am stupid..? >.<

no when i say there is no rain at certain points i mean like in open fields

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-01-2010, 00:01:32 »
ofcourse there is no rain inside buildings, you think am stupid..? >.<

no when i say there is no rain at certain points i mean like in open fields

i noticed that too sometimes

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18-01-2010, 00:01:57 »
Have to limit the rain from places where people dont usually spend too much time in. Its more important in relevant areas than in the corner of a map to where no one ever goes to. Performance has its costs.

sn00x, dont worry. Töris is just... well, Töris.

Offline Rexalot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-01-2010, 23:01:54 »
I've played this map with as few as 5 and as many as 58 on the server in the 64 player mode. In the several times that I've played the Germans have won the round only once and that was 2 vs 3 and the timer ran out preventing the 3 British players to make a final cap out. (FH2 DevGunnie and I held the "free flag")

The map plays out the same regardless the number of players. You chase the white flags. Some radiuses take one guy, others two. If I'm not mistaken the flags nearest the German "base" take one while the flag in the NE corner takes 2. Is the design to block the Germans or the British? And why the "free" flag in the top NW? Is that so when the lone Brit gets by the starting western flag he can flip it so that they can now spawn behind the line for the jump on the church that no German is defending since all the action is focused at the starting flag. If nothing else, the map description states the the center flag opens ALL others. It clearly does not.

Since the actual gameplay of this map is of no concern and all posts so far have been about the "weather" I can comment there to. The rain is nothing more than annoyance. It adds nothing to the gameplay of the map. It's raining in the town, but dry along the borders. You have only created a "performance" issue for the players with limited CPU's.

Overall, the map would be ideal for a tourney. It is not for pubby play where you have limited to no teamwork. The map is a free for all and will always end in a German defeat.

Offline sniper77shot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-02-2010, 00:02:53 »
German Uncappable so they can win for once.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-02-2010, 20:02:33 »
There is already a German uncappable. If you mean one of the flags in the village should be made uncappable, which one do you mean?

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-02-2010, 15:02:49 »
I really think this should have squadleader spawn, many seems to dislike this map because of the unorganized BF42 deathmatch feel. Also what's up with M3a1 requiring 2 panzerfausts to kill when hanomag takes one piat?