Author Topic: Death screams from many, many metres away!  (Read 3996 times)

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
Death screams from many, many metres away!
« on: 03-01-2010, 01:01:16 »
I constantly hear deaths sounds all over the map even when the closes enemies/friendlies are like 50 metres away. I hear a more distant sound then but this isn't exactly realistic, as it still sounds as if it was happening a few metres away instead. Is this supposed to be this way? Because it seems silly and out of place.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 30-04-2010, 17:04:55 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Death screams from many, many metres away!
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-2010, 13:01:43 »
i have it too

people dying sounds  that seem really close although nobody is close by.

not sure what causes this.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Arc9

• nmlforums.low-ping.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-2010, 13:01:00 »
Same thing happens to me with death and nade sounds
Derp

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-2010, 13:01:54 »
maybe the sound card

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2010, 02:01:41 »
Well, my player profile got totally f*cked up after a FH2 crash (yet another during loadtime) and right now I'm not experiencing it anymore. Like that one time I couldn't aim down the tank sight no matter what control I used. I reset everything and mapped it again and now both the controls and sounds are fine. It really started to bother me considering I'm playing this realism mod.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-01-2010, 02:01:34 »
Forgotten Hope 2 is a balance between realism and gameplay, in real battles you wouldn't want to be american with hardly any guns fighting japs with a couple hundred planes at pearl harbor would you? Not everything is meant for realism but for balance in many maps

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:18 »
Forgotten Hope 2 is a balance between realism and gameplay, in real battles you wouldn't want to be american with hardly any guns fighting japs with a couple hundred planes at pearl harbor would you? Not everything is meant for realism but for balance in many maps

I don't see how that relates to a sound bug.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:42 »

Read Sgt.Loco's post above

Offline Ahonen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:46 »

He's talking about how his player profile messed up with his controls and stuff.
I didn't see him criticize the inner realism of FH2 like :| Hi implies in his post.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-01-2010, 12:01:51 »

He's talking about how his player profile messed up with his controls and stuff.
I didn't see him criticize the inner realism of FH2 like :| Hi implies in his post.
It really started to bother me considering I'm playing this realism mod.
Now do you see ::)

Offline Ahonen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-01-2010, 13:01:41 »
Loco was talking how the sound bug bothered him in terms of realism, he never said that the mod itself was unrealistic or unbalanced like :| Hi said.
« Last Edit: 08-01-2010, 13:01:02 by Ahonen »

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-01-2010, 13:01:18 »
Loco was talking how the sound bug bothered him in terms of realism, he never said that the mod itself was unrealistic or unbalanced like :| Hi said.
WHat Loco said,however; was stating that this was a mod to replicate realism. Hi is just correcting him on this by stating that the mod is a balance of realism and gameplay.

Offline Ahonen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-01-2010, 13:01:50 »
WHat Loco said,however; was stating that this was a mod to replicate realism. Hi is just correcting him on this by stating that the mod is a balance of realism and gameplay.

I still find his post exaggerated, as Loco is probably aware that FH isn't a simulation.
Anyways I understand what you mean.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-01-2010, 06:01:46 »
The post I made was to inform Sgt.Loco about Forgotten Hope 2 not being an extreme realism mod but a balance between both realism AND gameplay.  Perhaps next time I will have to quote the exact part of what I was replying to so that I do not have to deal with anybody else jumping the gun and not seeing what I was replying to. Please read all the posts completely before offering your opinion.

Should Sgt.Loco have anymore problems regarding sound issues within the mod, the 2.25 patch should correct most sound issues.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline M00SE

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-01-2010, 14:01:30 »
I`m experiencing the same issue with the Grenade explosions, I can hear every single one that goes off in a certain radius as if it was right next to me. Even sitting in a tank miles from anyone else the nades still sound as if they are right next to you.

Last night on Cobra I also heard team members voice commands when I was my own, half a mile from the nearest freindly player.