Poll

The warning scream sound when throwing a grenade, keep it or remove it?

Keep it!
Remove it!
Be able to turn it on or off!

Author Topic: New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound + removal of scream throw sound  (Read 9185 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Do you want the 'grenade throw scream sound' in or out?
« Reply #30 on: 03-01-2010, 17:01:53 »
My suggestion on this smelly dead horse:

Left mouse button = With scream

Right mouse button = No scream

If that is possible, of course. That will make every body happy.

No, no! I always use the right mouse button to make my grenade ready a while before I throw it. If you don't want the enemy to hear you but you do know where they are, deploy (right mouse) the grenade when you are still out of range for them and then throw it when your in range.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Do as Fuchs said.

And: this is a WW2 game, not some "sneaky attackers behind enemy lines" game. So frontal attacks is the way to go. The grenade WITH shout is best in those situations.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Ow, Lobo.. Why?

I mean, weigh the odds here

On the Stay side, you get to warn teammates, and hopefully the even know where the greande landed and jump to safetly, and yes, you also warn the enemy at all times, and he will definitely go looking for you if he survives, which he might since he heard the warning too

Or,

On the go-side,.. say, using the commo-rose grenade call, good players wil still use it, while others wont, teammates may see the grenade and take cover or not and your dumb throw will reap its fruits.. I mean, why the heck will you toss one with teammates around?! And the enemy will be none the wiser

ISn't it kinda weighed in one direction?

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
maybe for 'sneaky' classes like recon...oh, wait. they didn't use grenades. that goes out the window.

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
KEEP, or make so that the user can chose if he want to warn the friends and foe around him about that are nearby (yes think the way PR have it ...)

what so sneaky about throwing grenades anyways... no one cares about that a grenade just went of nearby  at the rear flag... 

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
Turn it on or off!!!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
keep it. if we give noobs a choice, they will either spam it or never use it. both are bad.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
keep it. if we give noobs a choice, they will either spam it or never use it. both are bad.
If we have be on the Comma rose, than it'll also be able to be used as a tactic

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
aah, but it will also be used to spam, and i would rather be found out and shot ingame than have a serverful of 64 idiots spamming 'GRENADE! GRENADE! GRENADE!' endlessly, lioke the 'Artillery requesting a target!'

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
There's already enough greande teamkills in Fh2.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
no one, I say no one, would ever use the radio warning when throwing a nade.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
Sgt.Loco, this is the basic problem:

This is a game, 95% persons play it only for their own interest and scores, with such feature they would use always the silent one and don't give a crap about the safety of their mates. It's a not valid system.
Afaik we can't customize this enough: switch off the sound with a key or using the right mouse or something.

So grenade shout stays.

It's just so out of place at times - I might as well hand over the grenade to the enemy if he knows it's coming anyway. Is it possible to cook grenades though, that might fix the problem partially. Do have to admit I got more accustomed to the scream since I've been paying attention to it, but still causing the enemy to flee in time.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
no one, I say no one, would ever use the radio warning when throwing a nade.

If anything I would only use it to scare the crap out of enemies after sneaking up behind them  ::)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Rage51

• View Profile
Good tactic there heh soon see them jump, I'm for keeping it anyway as in RL military of that time and present still train their men to shout, "Grenade" when chucking them so buddies know to take cover. The only time we don't is when 'posting' a grenade into a bunker window as no friendlies are in danger.

Lobo's right that as is the others that nobody would use the commo as I don't on PR either, I tell my mates via TS/VOIP but this does cause probs when non squad members are about.

As for the sound of the nade landing and rolling about it should stay as it's totally unnatural not to happen.

Sorry Loco just have to rifle nade them like I do for total surprise! ;D

Offline robert090993

• View Profile
I personally think that we should keep the shouting, because i believe all of us here, have been in the building, and heard "GRENADE!". You suddenly jump out of prone, sprint to any cover and jump down. You survive, and you relieze you have just had the biggest rush you have had on a bf2 mod.