Author Topic: Something I would Like to share  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Invincible

• Armyyyyarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
    • Javelin Photos
Something I would Like to share
« on: 07-04-2009, 10:04:57 »
Yesterday around 18:00 Dutch time a taliban rocket atack killed Privat 1ste class Azdin Chadli,
Also five others including 1 women got wounded. two are stil in critical conditions.
This happend in "Kamp holland" near the town of Tarin kowt, Uruzgan Province, Afghanisthan.
Azdin Chadli and 4 other who where wounded all where part of the 42the Armored Infantry battalion "'Limburgse Jager". This is the same Unit I am part of.. I was supose too be there around this time, but becose of a injury I couldnt go. The peaple wounded and killed where just there. (2 weeks) So It had quite a impact on me and my colleuges
Yesterday around 22:00 we got the news when we where in the cinima, we where imiditaly called back to base, shock the hell out of us. And since then everyone is kinda in a "wtf" stage.. we dont realy what to think and what to do.
This morning we wanted to go to the forest to take a moment for ourselfs without everyone asking stuff, the moment we tryed to get of the base, a army of journalist came towards uss asking the most STUPIT questions I ever heard!
Anyways I told them to go the the Press Officer, Then I got shouted at by him, I just didnt say a word back, just dont want to see myself punshing the shit out of a journalist for good television. But its frustrating, especialy cose we are with just 30 men from the battalion. Anyways we just went back, jumped in the back of a truck hide there, and got out in the forest.

Now we are prepairing a "ramp cermonie" as soon as everyone is back, and we know when the body wil return.
One of the strangest days in my life..

War is sudently very close for me.

Rest in peace Azdin Chadli

"If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Something I would Like to share
« Reply #1 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:46 »
May he rest in peace and hopefully the wounded will make it with not too many enduring injuries...
Shame on those reporters. They live from the bad feelings of people just to sell them for as much profit as possible.

I hope you get over that and can continue your life. It´s always a tragedy when you lose someone close to you...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:30 »
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. Poor chap(s). 
:(
To be honest, I don't know what to thinkg besides "Ouch, fucvk that sucks,especially for the relatives, but atleast them soldiers knew the risk. Those poor civilians living there got no choice at all, fucking Taliban".

Edit: Which I obviously don't mean in a disrespectful way to either any soldiers, rebuilding organisations or whever else there suffers the consequences of the unfortunate mess overthere. Let's hope the country can be stabalized as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 12:04:51 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:31 »
Sorry to hear..
The War in Afghanistan is sure not in a too good condition, with the Taliban rising again at multiple areas.
Also, yesterday a rocket attack was launched on the german field camp when or short after the Bundeskanzlerin had been visiting it.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #4 on: 07-04-2009, 15:04:22 »
Rest in peace Chadli. And think about it, the guy was only there since March 30. I pity this alot.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline jumjum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:57 »
I am very sorry to hear it.
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.....

Offline Cpl. Mallard

• Proud owner of an SMLE Mk.III*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-04-2009, 00:04:11 »
Very sorry to hear that mate.
« Last Edit: 08-04-2009, 00:04:13 by Cpl. Mallard »
"And on the sixth day, God saw the need of a high powered rifle that could slaughter Germans at ranges in excess of 2000 yards, and so He created the Lee Enfield. And He saw that it was good, and so on the seventh day, God rested."

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-04-2009, 00:04:22 »
RIP.....

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-04-2009, 10:04:16 »
May everyone involved be blessed, including the family and friends of those harmed. Very sorry to hear such a thing.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-04-2009, 09:04:15 »
Rest in peace.