Author Topic: Wingtip vortice/Rocket convergence  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Specht

• Diving towards bomber formation.
    • View Profile
Wingtip vortice/Rocket convergence
« on: 16-11-2009, 23:11:01 »
I used the search function and couldn't find this anywhere, if it's been suggested before, feel free to lock/delete this thread.

So, a simple suggestion, make the wingtip smoke caused by induced drag to fade out faster and if possible, make it show up only at high g turns, not in a simple slow barrel roll.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in game, the rockets fired from the typhoon have no convergence, I do believe that in some cases in WWII the rockets had convergence, not sure if all were like that, but if that's the case, would be a nice thing to add.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Wingtip vortice/Rocket convergence
« Reply #1 on: 17-11-2009, 00:11:05 »
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in game, the rockets fired from the typhoon have no convergence, I do believe that in some cases in WWII the rockets had convergence, not sure if all were like that, but if that's the case, would be a nice thing to add.
You asked me to so I will - typhoon rockets converge at 200m.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-11-2009, 02:11:19 »
So, a simple suggestion, make the wingtip smoke caused by induced drag to fade out faster and if possible, make it show up only at high g turns, not in a simple slow barrel roll.
I say keep it (increase it) cause it's cool :)
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-11-2009, 05:11:37 »
I say keep it (increase it) cause it's cool :)

BUT gay as hell...................
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-11-2009, 05:11:57 »
Vortices occurs on high G turn, which builds up drag pressure on wingtips and causes heat to turn air moisture into water vapour that leaves smoky thin cloud-like trails.

Not a simple roll, which triggers the vortices in game. It should be pitch-up command only that triggers it, not roll command.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-11-2009, 07:11:34 »
You do know that the trail is a remnant of BF2's jets?
I don't know if they can be tuned, but I believe they are hard coded.
For my part, I like them since they help in dogfights. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:04 »
I personally hate those things... I prefer the planes to NOT have such things. Unless its hardcoded, I really would like WW2 planes to fly like WW2 planes

I don't get why a request for some slight innacuracy to aid gameplay is strongly denied with the argument 'we are aiming for realistic here' when such a silly thing goes completely unnoticed... or acceptable

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:21 »
That's a kind of cool thing, well it is not entirely realistic, but IMO, it doesn't affect gameplay that much. It just enables you to see where the enemies is going, you see his/her trails (which perhaps helps N24Reporter in dogfights).

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-11-2009, 16:11:51 »
I personally hate those things... I prefer the planes to NOT have such things. Unless its hardcoded, I really would like WW2 planes to fly like WW2 planes

I don't get why a request for some slight innacuracy to aid gameplay is strongly denied with the argument 'we are aiming for realistic here' when such a silly thing goes completely unnoticed... or acceptable

Buy IL-2.

Offline Specht

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-11-2009, 16:11:31 »
Vortices occurs on high G turn, which builds up drag pressure on wingtips and causes heat to turn air moisture into water vapour that leaves smoky thin cloud-like trails.

Not a simple roll, which triggers the vortices in game. It should be pitch-up command only that triggers it, not roll command.

You're totally right, not forgetting that the air below the wing tends to slip towards the wingtip, which is what starts the spiral, I'm a pilot in real life, and it really annoys me to death seeing that thing in BF2 games, if only it could be made really, REALLY short, and just at high g pull up turns... if not, I rather don't even see it, there's already the fuel trail to assist in the chasing.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-11-2009, 17:11:42 »

Buy IL-2.

nice... we could solve all our suggestion problems this way

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-11-2009, 13:11:13 »
Well yea as a biast to fh2 developers person i think you guys are just bitching.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-11-2009, 05:11:49 »

Buy IL-2.

nice... we could solve all our suggestion problems this way

Yes you can, FH2 is not a damn Flight Simulator.

Hes telling you, if you want a super combined arms battle with thousand of airplanes attacking, retreating, patrolling or doing some shit, Fh2 is not your game buddy, get Il2.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-11-2009, 07:11:08 »
You will pry the wingtip vortices from my cold dead hands

Offline Specht

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-11-2009, 05:11:03 »
You will pry the wingtip vortices from my cold dead hands