Author Topic: Anti tank grenades?  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Anti tank grenades?
« Reply #30 on: 14-11-2009, 16:11:08 »
1. Guys, Im not talking about grenades that are antitank. im talking specifically about changing the vulnerability inside a tanks turret to make them vulnerable to grenades.

2. stop saying that the player controls 3 people, because they dont. unless the game makes you alternate positions and do each part, youre 1 man operating a keyboard which mimmicks full control of a tank.

3. Any tanker bad enough to let his tank be overrun by infantry, clearly doesnt deserve a tank at all and since im sure you guys are just *soooo* good, you wouldnt have anything to worry about.
There is nothing realistic about throwing grenades inside tanks... Any sensible tank crew will always keep hatches locked from inside if there's enemies about. Some commander's hatches may appear to be open in FH2 but one should consider them to be closed when there's no one on the commander's position. This is, by my understanding, due engine limitations.

2. "you're 1 man operating a keyboard which mimics full control of a tank." That's more or less what I said. In FH2 you are not controlling the tanks driver, gunner or radio operator, but the whole tank whether it's crew were of 3, 4 or 5 in real life.

3. We're pretty damn good indeed. But that has nothing to do with the silly idea of throwing grenades inside tanks, does it?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline airbornerocks

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14-11-2009, 16:11:15 »
We all need to think this

Historical Accuracy!

If I make movie with a russian named Bob dropping a baseball covered with gas and fire, does that mean we put it in a game?             

Also! No grenade will damage a tank, BF1942 sucks sucks sucks because grenades blow tank up.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-11-2009, 19:11:31 »
1. Guys, Im not talking about grenades that are antitank. im talking specifically about changing the vulnerability inside a tanks turret to make them vulnerable to grenades.

We know this perfectly well... you are not talking about AT grenades like British No.74 and German Gebalte Ladung. But common hand grenades like Mills Bomb or M2 Pineapple.

Also! No grenade will damage a tank, BF1942 sucks sucks sucks because grenades blow tank up.

Yeah, you could do that on every BF... including 2142. Probably the devs will defend this using "balancing issues".

Realistically saying, a well placed grenade could disable a tank by blowing its tracks, not blowing it off entirely. Effectively making a mobility kill, but less likely a crew kill. Then you could roast the crew alive if they refused to abandon their vehicle. IMHO, it is far more realistic than making the infantry to be able to force open the hatch and put a grenade inside it just like in Brothers in Arms game. The hatch are inside locked. You need a maul, or perhaps a blowtorch, well big one maybe to force the hatch open.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-11-2009, 19:11:34 »
I just got this great image of an american soldier running around with a plasma torch, trying to cut into german tanks   :D

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-11-2009, 20:11:00 »
I just got this great image of an american soldier running around with a plasma torch, trying to cut into german tanks   :D

*wedler says*

would have to be a pretty hefty plasma torch to cut through heavy tank armor. even if it was, you would need a lot of spare time, would be faster to just go and find a bazooka
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14-11-2009, 21:11:57 »
Bazooka is just a rocket assisted plasma torch :P

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14-11-2009, 21:11:45 »
Bazooka is just a rocket assisted plasma torch :P

not really, the heat from a plasma torch is provided by high voltage electricity to superheat the air and metal, as opposed to HEAT which uses explosives that create a jet of molten metal that punches through the armor. although they have similar effects, the method they use is completely different.
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-11-2009, 21:11:43 »
Yes, I was being completely serious.

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14-11-2009, 21:11:53 »
Panther in the open! Lets go!

Hold on I lost my welding mask!

Also, considering you can't even physically jump onto most tanks as the hull sits too high (nearly every german tank above a PIII for example), how would you even expect this to work?
Besides the whole fact that the crew has to have a mental condition for the hatch to be open in the first place.

And I think it was more or less a joke there Kading.  
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14-11-2009, 21:11:47 »
Imagine yourself opening a Maus hatch, droping a grenade in it and bam, in your face total air superiority.

Thats it, why do you need artillery, AT cannons, tanks and stuff like that when you can destroy a panzer division by opening hatches and throwing grenades in their tanks...
« Last Edit: 14-11-2009, 21:11:16 by torenico »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15-11-2009, 04:11:29 »
Exactly, that is why we invent those weapons... and called them Anti-Tank for instance.

Hmmm, looks like fantasy game such as Prototype can be more realistic. The character has superhuman strength, but still has to struggle a bit to force open M1A2 Abrams tank's hatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nanz9qNfI&feature=related

This one shows M2 Bradley.