Author Topic: why is FH2 moving so slow?  (Read 10287 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: why is FH2 moving so slow?
« Reply #30 on: 04-04-2009, 22:04:47 »
Just browsing the statics section of the FH2 Wiki makes me appreciate how much work the devs do.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-04-2009, 23:04:52 »
Its limited by the fact BF2 isn't WW2 to begin with, and that its next-generation.

BF2 isn't next-gen anymore ;)

Granted, it's the next gen up from 1942, but it's not even current gen these days. But I get your point.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #32 on: 05-04-2009, 02:04:00 »
"We could basicly release a stand alone game if we got a refractor 2 license from dice."

Damn I gonna wright a letter to DICE, they should really give FH2 their old engine... then they can get like 10 % capiche?

I'll be buying fh2 every time i see a copy in the store :P

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline SniperZed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05-04-2009, 07:04:40 »
Alrighty, now, I just want to point out that I fully appreciate the monumental amount of work that the team put into the mod and have the greatest respect for what they are doing, selflessly, with no steady funding, but, there's always a but; I think that the thread starter belongs to the more contemporary, casual gamer crowd, which expect the game to pander more to the "gamer's" needs rather than keeping historically accurate or up to the best quality. And I shamefully say that I don't fully disagree with that. Now, referring back to the shack and the mansion analogy, what isn't taken into account is that one road is much shorter than the other, and I hesitantly say I'd rather have a half-arsed attempt 10x faster than a quality one "sometime in the future", as in borderline vaporware, or at least that's what it looks like to the casual visitor. Now I have come to recognise that the FH team are perfectionists in delivering a spit polished product that both looks stunning and is historically accurate, but alas in my opinion, they lack in balancing "fun" with the rest of the attributes, as in too much is sacrificed for said historical accuracy at the cost of letting the player relax and just brainlessly massacre the opponent. 

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #34 on: 05-04-2009, 11:04:25 »
Lack of fun? Try both FH mods and look around for the bunch of easter eggs, thats already fun. The teamwork in this mod is also fun. And it's not really meant for the casual CounterStrike gamer, it's for those who enjoy a realistic WW2 first person shooter.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05-04-2009, 12:04:02 »
before everything else are we the Dev team here to build the game WE want. do you think i spend 60 hours a week for building a game for casual gamers?  ;D its my hobby. its my Scale Railroad in the cellar! i love to build models and scenes. When other peoples like it and play it i am more happy but at 1st Place is to creating the content! We have many Devs never Played FH2 nor FH1. You see.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #36 on: 05-04-2009, 12:04:00 »
While on subject of devs I'll be so free to ask something.
What happened with the dev Bender64? He was introduced one time together with his Focke Wulf 190 but I've never seen anything more from him and he is nowhere to find in the stafflist either, not even in the retired section.
Thanks if you want to clear that up.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ksoje

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05-04-2009, 12:04:07 »
well, off the top of my head I'd say that the devs have jobs, lives and etc. so they have other things on their minds too. all in all, this mod is free, and i guess they are doing it for fun so you can't complain at all.
whats more, this mod is really fun so i really don't see anything to complain about. there are lots of maps, all are enjoyable and interesting, weapon choices are realistic, and are good even though you don't have many options. this limitation is fine by me - you don't have tons of kits - just the basics and if you want something more you can pick it up at HQ.
and i have no idea what you're talking about when you say there is no variety of   vehicles - come on!
you've got lots of light inf vehicles, at least 2(!) tips of tanks in a map, apc's and planes.
the only things that are maybe missing are ships and submarines  ;D

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-04-2009, 13:04:07 »
to bender64 sometimes modelers simple donate models they made for us without becoming a Dev. so they will not be shown on the list.

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:25 »
Any news tonight?
Sinn Féin

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:04 »
Any news tonight?
*dundundun*
The Dreamcrusher sneaks upon us!
Run!
*dundundun*
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:19 »
I honestly say its hard to believe that the lack of updates is because of "Nothing to show" when we know that there is many maps we havent seen and are being played on like Purple Heart Lane and Falaise Pocket

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05-04-2009, 22:04:00 »
It's not so much that they have NOTHING to show, just nothing they WANT to show.

Have faith, I'm confident that something really big is on the horizon ;)

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05-04-2009, 22:04:22 »
Just wait guys, N24Reporter told me that it will be bombastic so don't get pissed off if you don't hear something about the maps or anything else.

Sry for my bad english.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05-04-2009, 22:04:37 »
I honestly say its hard to believe that the lack of updates is because of "Nothing to show" when we know that there is many maps we havent seen and are being played on like Purple Heart Lane and Falaise Pocket
Do you also know that those maps are 100% done and ready to be shown to the public?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame