Author Topic: Editing Italian models?  (Read 593 times)

Offline rattovolante

• View Profile
Editing Italian models?
« on: 09-10-2009, 17:10:36 »
I was searching for my first posts (there's a thread in offtopic... :)) when I found some quite old posts of mine about Italian stuff, probably long forgotten ever since.

Basically, a few things in the Italian equipment are not exact. It's mostly minor nitpicking stuff, and I think very few people would notice. But nevertheless I thought it might be worthwhile to repost them now that the FH dev team has enlarged

• while the standard issue was green, helmets were usually painted some sort of brown or sand colour on the field in Africa, for obvious reasons ;) also the plumed helmet should be reserved for Bersaglieri units/playermodels (it's somewhat like having a Heer playermodel with FJ helmet)
  • mod. 91/38 variants (aka  Carcano 38) were moved to second line units and/or retired outright in 1939-1940 since their unique caliber made logistics a mess. Production ceased in 1940, and many (most?) of them were sold to Finland. I don't think their use in the maps is historical. And in any case, 91/38s (aka 38s, naming the series is a big mess) were short rifles, not carabines, so they shouldn't equip engineers etc. but riflemen (in other words, a map should have either mod. 91 or mod. 38, not both)
  • in-game mod. '91 model sights are in the wrong position (they seem to be set to 450 m., not in the battle sight position for 0-300 m.)
  • uniform for NCO kit is "wrong" as it mixes parts from officers' uniforms and privates' uniforms - note however that Italian uniforms in the desert war tended to be "whatever available", so while wrong "by the book" it might still be somewhat believable... well, except every NCO will have the same mix of non-matching clothes ;)
there might be something else too, that's just what I remember right now. Something might have been fixed in the newer releases.

If the devs are interested I can provide links/photos (and eventually take a closer look at FH's models if I spot anything else). Don't expect a very fast answer though, quite busy RL right now.

edit: properly formatted bullet list, fixed some info
« Last Edit: 09-10-2009, 17:10:31 by rattovolante »
game.utilities.printScriptTillItFuckingWorks() fan