Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 93035 times)

Offline thliaw

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #60 on: 03-07-2010, 05:07:13 »
Is it possible to code the AI moving in a team all the time? You guys should have played company of heroes, I personally think that it would be cool if the bots in FH is just like in COH. like 3-4 of them in a team, where always stick together, once spawn and will back to the team where they belong to? I think that is much better compare to the bots which are scattering around the map like now.

Such as, when you are a team leader of a squad, the AI in the group will always keep a short distance between you and follow where you go.

;D just suggestion...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03-07-2010, 13:07:22 »
I don't think that's possible. It falls down to this using a totally different game engine. In COH, its more like they are one unit, with infantry being able to make random errors in motion, especially during a firefight that may make them disperse slightly, but which quickly corrects itself soon after....

In FH2, bots are completely independent entities with their only link being commander attack orders (which is squad by squad basis and squad leader spawn). These do make them stick together more, as long as the squad captian is still alive.

A way to increase your team (if you are leader) moving together is to be conscious of valid spawn points all over the map i.e. areas where bots can spawn on you. You may notice that as your team dies out, they will delay their spawn in order to spawn on you (You need to ask Drawde why that is though). You may use this to approach enemy points and get them spawning on you, hence keeping the units integrity.

I for one use this on Purple Heart lane to make flanking moves between the farm house and the next-to-last base since its the hardest to get by a head-on attack, or attacking the 88 and holding that flag.

It might be possible to increase bots dependence of squad leader spawns as opposed to flag spawns, but I know little on how to do this. Let's get the next of Drawde's patches out and maybe, we would see if we can deliberate on making bots more of teamplayers

Making bots rigidly following commander and Squad leader orders more might also help. Another project for the future, as it may involve the commo-rose...Also a possible future project

I hope this helped...

Offline Sarry

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28-01-2011, 16:01:41 »
I know this is a random question but what happened to the map "Falaise Pocket "?
Because whenever I play the game in SinglePlayer or Multiplayer, I don't see that map anymore.
I remember playing it in previous versions, i think 2.26.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28-01-2011, 17:01:16 »
Ah, now that's the one map in FH2 that doesn't have official singleplayer support yet. The one in question was designed by Aserafimov. A Download sbhould be at the DL section of this part of the forum. You might have to personally work on changing the mortars to have the '_ai' that makes them fire at range. The level isn't complete without that

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28-01-2011, 17:01:34 »
I know this is a random question but what happened to the map "Falaise Pocket "?
Because whenever I play the game in SinglePlayer or Multiplayer, I don't see that map anymore.

link for falaise pocket:
http://www.4shared.com/file/tp0sF7XY/falaise_pocket_v1.html

I think that cF removed it from DL section. Just rename your original map folder and extract this to the levels directory. it's compatible with fh2.3 condition.

Offline Sarry

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28-01-2011, 21:01:12 »
Ah, now that's the one map in FH2 that doesn't have official singleplayer support yet. The one in question was designed by Aserafimov. A Download sbhould be at the DL section of this part of the forum. You might have to personally work on changing the mortars to have the '_ai' that makes them fire at range. The level isn't complete without that
Thanks a lot  :)
Though, I don't know which files/lines to edit for that. So is there is a guide or small list that can help me?

link for falaise pocket:

I think that cF removed it from DL section. Just rename your original map folder and extract this to the levels directory. it's compatible with fh2.3 condition.
Thanks a lot for the download link.  :)

I looked in the DL section, and couldn't find it. So I thought about asking here lol.

EDIT: Actually, I tried to download it, but it doesn't work. It says "The file link that you requested is not valid." :'(

« Last Edit: 28-01-2011, 23:01:55 by Sarry »

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29-01-2011, 00:01:13 »
Thanks a lot  :)
Though, I don't know which files/lines to edit for that. So is there is a guide or small list that can help me?

link for falaise pocket:

Thanks a lot for the download link.  :)

I looked in the DL section, and couldn't find it. So I thought about asking here lol.

EDIT: Actually, I tried to download it, but it doesn't work. It says "The file link that you requested is not valid." :'(

strange, because it works on me...
try to download via this thread--->post no.5
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=7262.0

if you are unable to downloaded please let me know and I will upload it to filefront web site(tomorrow)...

« Last Edit: 29-01-2011, 00:01:45 by aserafimov »

Offline Sarry

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29-01-2011, 00:01:43 »
It still gives me the same message
I tried with different browsers(Mozilla, Chrome and Explorer) and still the same result :-[

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29-01-2011, 02:01:56 »
I tried with different browsers(Mozilla, Chrome and Explorer) and still the same result :-[

Reuploaded,just for you  :)

http://www.filefront.com/17863814/Falaise_Pocket.rar/

Offline Sarry

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29-01-2011, 04:01:55 »
It worked  :D
I downloaded, unzipped and now playing it.

Thanks a lot :)

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29-01-2011, 05:01:08 »

Reuploaded,just for you  :)

http://www.filefront.com/17863814/Falaise_Pocket.rar/

thanks man :P

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 23-05-2011, 19:05:01 »
I don't think I said this officially to the FH devs. Please can you fix the Comma Rose for SP/Coop ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24-05-2011, 00:05:10 »
You want to speak directly, and preferably in person i.e PM with Remick_04 on this. I recall the last time he did say he was a bit stumped by it, although it was on top of his to-do list.

Still, we need to appreciate he's more a navmesher, and had to learn AI coding from scratch when he became a fan-modder.

I think if anyone can help with this, they should contact Remick_04 directly (PM again) and see how to work it out, because its all well and good to work on it, but it needs to be in a format that he can replicate or indeed dump into the build for 2.4... Remember, that's the point of the Singleplayer project now these days - Everything for the build

I am doing my own wheeling and dealing and perhaps some day it may come to light - the invisible arm strikes back :D
but till then, individual initiative could really be used at this point

I should thank Void, DJBarney, Raziel, ZXX43, Devilman and Canonfodder specifically for this lately. I think the singleplayer forum would dead without you guys. We suffered a bit of a blow after Drawde left; I'd like to think we are finally recovering. Slowly, but surely. Something's moving here *weak smile*
« Last Edit: 24-05-2011, 00:05:14 by djinn »

Offline SargentSundae

• Bug Sulker
  • Something clever....
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-09-2011, 02:09:10 »
Bots can see me when i am really far away and through bushes, fog, trees....... When normal players wouldn't. Can you fix that?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10-09-2011, 10:09:38 »
Engine-limitations. Bots can't see further than humans though. But they do see perfectly through bushes.

My suggestion - See it as a challenge: use military maneuvering to avoid their shots as much as possible. It makes you a better player online.

It IS possible in theory to fix, but it will require a super computer to run FH2 then.