Author Topic: Picture of the Day (Other eras)  (Read 905551 times)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day (Other eras)
« Reply #8685 on: 19-04-2017, 21:04:15 »

Phase 4 of Operation "Wrath of Euphrates" began recently. SDF is now attacking the bulge north of Raqqa.

Battle of the Bulge 2017
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: 20-04-2017, 04:04:28 »

Military situation in southern al-Qalamoun mountain region after rebels agreed to leave towards turkish controlled northern Aleppo, in exchange for the shiite enclave Foua and Kafraya in Idlib being evacuated towards government controlled northern Hama, Rif Dimashq, Syria, April 19th, 2017.

Extra:
Drone Footage: Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham recon and shell Syrian Arab Army & Allies position in rural western Aleppo, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, April 18, 2017, 720p

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: 21-04-2017, 01:04:33 »

Islamic State started mounting rocket launchers on their VBIEDs. They had already a successive run, attacking multiple military vehicles before the actual detonation of the payload, Mosul, Iraq, April 20th, 2017.

Extra:
Footage: Military equipment left behind by rebels when evacuating al-Zabadani, Syria, Rif Dimashq, April 20th, 2017

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: 21-04-2017, 01:04:40 »
Any videos of said attack?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: 21-04-2017, 08:04:25 »
Syrian Arab Army & Allies reversed all gains of the latest Free Syrian Army offensive in northern Hama, Hama Governorate, Syria, April 16th, 2017.

Free Syrian Army? I thought Tahir al-Sham (al-Qaeda) spearheaded the offensive?

Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham ist still part of the Free Syrian Army. The offensive has been joined by Ahrar al-Sham and numerous minor groups. In order to put this in a term correctly, FSA is still the correct nomenclature, IMHO.

Does this grouping include Jabat Al-Nusra?

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: 22-04-2017, 04:04:57 »
Does this grouping include Jabat Al-Nusra?

Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham, formerly Jabhat Fatah al-Sham, formerly Jabhat al-Nusra, formerly Al-Qaeda in Syria. Each time they got a new name, they had absorbed some minor groups that shared their jihadi ideology.

Any videos of said attack?

Yes. It is part of an Amaq propaganda video and I guess you won't find those anyway on youtube due to strict guidelines for ISIS propaganda. There are snippets on twitter though. As you can see they are using a quintuple arrangement of what is believed to be 73mm rocket assisted grenades for the SPG-9 recoilless gun. I believe those deliver quite a punch:

Spoiler

Extra:
Footage: During the last 7 days Syrian Arab Airforce dropped almost 100 ODAB 500 thermobaric bomb on the rebel held town of al-Lataminah, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, April 16th, 2017, 720p

Edit://
There you go: https://twitter.com/geopolitiquee/status/855375944290381825
« Last Edit: 22-04-2017, 04:04:11 by Dukat »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: 23-04-2017, 03:04:40 »

Syrian Arab Army & Allies reversed all gains of the latest Free Syrian Army offensive in northern Hama, Hama Governorate, Syria, April 16th, 2017.

If you're following the posts in here, you'll know why I had to take this picture:

Free Syrian Army in northern Syria (Free Idlib Army) declared a general mobilisation of all forces in order to answer the intense pressure after the Syrian Arab Army & Allies captured Chicken Checkpoint in northen Hama, Hama Governorate, Syria, April 22nd, 2017.

Extra:
Footage: TOW-Wars: Syrian Arab Army & Allies anti-tank guided missile team target enemy position, launches rocket and realize that they're being shot by Free Syrian Army anti-tank-guided missile team, causing their missile to hit the ground when the operator seeked for cover, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, April 22nd, 2017

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: 24-04-2017, 02:04:26 »

Free Syrian Army (Free Idlib Army) withdrew from Halfaya, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, April 23rd, 2017. All eyes on Al-Lataminah.

Extra:
Footage: Blast of ODAB 500 thermobaric bomb causes second ODAB 500 to set off mid-air, Al-Lataminah, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, April 23rd, 2017, 720p

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: 24-04-2017, 19:04:19 »

Situation at Tabqa city a few days ago.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: 27-04-2017, 18:04:35 »
Where the hell is Dukat with my daily dose of international conflicts?

Turkey is going all-in on Northern Syria. Airstrikes, probes on the entire front: Afrin, Kobani, Tal Abyad...

Military situation at Ad Darbasiyah front.

A Turkish tank being knocked out.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: 29-04-2017, 02:04:10 »
 :P

Military situation in northern Hama Governorate, Syria, April 28th, 2017.

Extra:
Footage: Southfront: Syrian War Report: Govt Forces Advance On Multiple Fronts, April 28th, 2017

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: 30-04-2017, 03:04:54 »

At least three U.S. Special Operations Forces Stryker pass through the syrian bordertown of Qamislo enroute to positions along the syrian-turkish border in kurdish dominated Rojava, Hasaka Governorate, Syria, April 29th, 2017.

Extra:

Two Islamic State fighters guarding three prisoners on the back of a pickup, Homs Governorate, Syria, April 28th, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: 01-05-2017, 10:05:07 »

My grandfather while serving with the KGB Border Guards as a corporal.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: 02-05-2017, 02:05:51 »

The city of Al-Tabqah has fallen into the hands of the SDF/YPG, reports indicate negotiations between the last remnants of Islamic State fighters and the kurdish militia, Raqqah Governorate, Syria, May 1st, 2017.

Extra:

Russian Military Police arrived in Kafr Jana, setting up a base in order to protect the western kurdish held pocket from turkish and Free Syrian Army attacks, Efrin Canton, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, May 1st, 2017.