Author Topic: Picture of the Day (Other eras)  (Read 913440 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day (Other eras)
« Reply #8310 on: 28-09-2016, 02:09:22 »
Also, the Aleppo map you posted was rather wrong- at the time you posted it the only major combat in Eastern Aleppo was the Handarat Refugee Camp battles- in which Quds force conquered the area, but then were forced right back out by a rebel counter attack.  That said, today the SAA is announcing the official start of a ground offensive on Eastern Aleppo, so we'll see what happens with that.

Obviously true.

Military situation in Aleppo, September 27th, 2016. Syrian Arab Army & Allies pushing at 3 spots: Handarat Camp, Citadel, As-Sukkari.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: 28-09-2016, 05:09:57 »
Yeah, as I understand it Quds Force has reorganized and is attempting to regain Handarat, and the SAA is trying to get rid of the siege of the Citadel in the city center.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: 28-09-2016, 21:09:34 »

Situation yesterday in Northern Syria.

Has the FSA/Turk offensive stalled out, or are they slowly moving south? I heard somewhere that Turkey is deploying additional units to help continue Operation Euphrates Shield.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: 30-09-2016, 02:09:39 »

Military situation in northern Aleppo province, Syria, turkish view, September 29th, 2016.

Combat footage: Ahrar Al-Sham (FSA) advancing at Geneina, Hama province, Syria, September 28th, 2016

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: 30-09-2016, 20:09:16 »

Pro-government forces took control of the Handarat camp and Kindi Hospital (above) in Northeastern-Aleppo.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: 01-10-2016, 02:10:44 »

Military situation, northern Aleppo city, Syria, September 30th, 2016.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 02-10-2016, 02:10:15 by Dukat »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: 03-10-2016, 05:10:53 »

Military situatiom in Aleppo, Syria, October 2nd, 2016. Syrian Arab Army & Allies secured al-Shuqayyif district and Kindi hospital in northern Aleppo.

Headcam/tankcam footage: Sham Legion testing the usefulness of a tank barrel as a wrecking ball, rural Aleppo, Syria, recently.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: 05-10-2016, 01:10:46 »

Military situation in northern Aleppo province, Syria, October 4th, 2016.

Dabiq, a small Syrian town west of the Euphrates River... A place where the al-Baghdadi’s army awaits the arrival of  an “army of Rome”, whose defeat will initiate the countdown to the Apocalypse. It is here, the Prophet Muhammad reportedly said, that the Islamic warriors will write a glorious page of the their history. Well, the Prophetic discourse refers to the enemy as “Rome”, but who “Rome” could be remains a matter of debate. For many observers, we should think of “Rome” as the present-day Turkish State, whose former capital, Istanbul (Constantinople), has been known for over a thousand years as the “New Rome” of the Christian imaginary. Now, since the present-day Turkey, a new “New Rome”, has an evident Islamic appearance, the apocalyptic-to-be battle of Dabiq became more an inter-Islamic affair than an inter-religious fight as the Turkish army and its Syrian allies are understood to be just four-five kilometers (three miles) from the tiny town of the Prophetic narration.

According to the Syrian sources, the Turkish army and its Syrian allies are expecting to reach Dabiq’s outskirts within 48 hours.  Could these hours be the last ones of an “Old World”? Of course not. After the less glorious battles for Jarabulus and Manbij, it’s very hard to believe that the DAESH militants would be able to  vanquish the “Roman” armies at Dabiq. Certainly, if not Dabiq, maybe Al-Amaq...

Maybe you wanna make your bets. I believe ISIS underminded the village and made it one giant explosion device. Betcha.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: 06-10-2016, 01:10:58 »

Still floating.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: 08-10-2016, 02:10:10 »

Fighters of the islamist rebel group Ahrar al-Sham on a BMP they captured after having expelled the salafist rebel group Jund al-Aqsa from al-Mastoumah military base, Idlib, Syria, October 7th, 2016.

After an explosion near the turkish border yesterday, killing up to 30 FSA members, and accusations of Jund al-Aqsa against Ahrar al-Sham today, 16 FSA groups declared war on Jund al-Aqsa, labeling them as ISIS supporters, causing infights all over Idlib province today. Syrian Army made territorial gains in northern Hama province after rebel frontline forces started fighting each other.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: 09-10-2016, 01:10:45 »

Military situation in northern Aleppo province, Syria, October 8th, 2016.

A very strange situation in Northern Syria...

Unfortunately for the Caliph’s followers, the “Roman” army of the apocalyptic prophecy is apparently trying to avoid Dabiq, the small Syrian town west of the Euphrates River. For the moment...

East of Dabiq, the Free Syrian Army and its Turkish ally have managed to occupy in the last two days the strategic town of Akhtarin and a lot of villages between Turkuman Barih (Turkman Bareh) and Sandi, along the frontline with the DAESH realm. West of Dabiq, the US Air Force is continuing to conduct major strikes against the DAESH targets in the Tilalayn-Mare’ (Marea)-Dabiq triangle in order to minimize the risks of a new Islamist attack on the A’zaz area and to facilitate a possible encirclement of the Dabiq area.

Meanwhile, the al-Baghdadi’s army is still awaiting in Dabiq for the arrival of an “army of Rome”, whose defeat will initiate the countdown to the Apocalypse, but it seems that the “Romans” don’t have, yet, Dabiq on their travel agenda...

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: 10-10-2016, 02:10:07 »

Exotic. Syrian Social Nationalist Party in Bustan al-Pasha district, Aleppo, Syria, October 9th, 2016.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: 10-10-2016, 15:10:04 »
Social Nationalist? Is that on purpose?