Author Topic: Picture of the Day (Other eras)  (Read 910811 times)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day (Other eras)
« Reply #8640 on: 19-03-2017, 16:03:05 »
Hi everyone,

girlfriend is busy decorating her new house and we are looking for photographs to fill up the walls a bit.

We are specifically searching for pictures that show extraordinary moments in war, for example:

Hope you guys have some nice pictures! Doesn't matter which era.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: 19-03-2017, 17:03:52 »
Maybe too sad

Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: 21-03-2017, 03:03:22 »
^^ OK. Then. Well.

Topic:

A soldier and a T-72 of the Syrian Republican Guard while responding to a Free Syrian Army major assault, attempting to link the pockets of Jobar and eastern Ghouta, Damascus, Rif Dimashq, Syria, March 19th, 2017.

>>In order to get some reliable information on the situation lets transfer to Syria TV who sent their beloved anchorwoman Micheline Azar for a live report from Jobar:<<

Footage: Syria TV: Micheline Azar reporting live from Jobar, Damascus, Rif Dimashq, March 19th, 2017

(Actually the Russian Air Force conducted heavy attacks on Jobar on March 20th while the Syrian Republican Guard launched a counterassault, leaving the current situation totally unclear.)

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: 21-03-2017, 03:03:54 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: 22-03-2017, 01:03:48 »

While russian jets are busy in Damascus, Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham started an offense in northern Hama, retaking Souran and Maardes so far, which had been lost to the Syrian Army & Allies during rebel infights a couple of month ago, Northern Hama Governorate, Syria, March 21st, 2017.

Extra:

A T-90 of Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham during todays operations against the Syrian Arab Army & Allies, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, March 21st, 2017.

Extra, extra: Footage: Scenes from the beginning of the Free Syrian Army offensive in Jobar/Qabun Industrial Quarter on March 19th, Damascus, Rif Dimashq, Syria, March 20th, 2017

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: 22-03-2017, 04:03:31 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: 22-03-2017, 20:03:15 »

Seems there's another rebel offensive near Hama.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: 22-03-2017, 23:03:42 »
^^ Doesn't look good for the Syrian Arab Army this time. They seem to have completely lost control of the battle. The frontline is shifting faster than they react. Lots of casualties, lots of equipment seized. Syrian military command is withdrawing troops from eastern Aleppo and Palmyra for Hama.

Syrian Arab Army Tiger Forces & Allies trapped the Islamic State in Deir Hafir, eastern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 22nd, 2017.

Extra:

Free Syrian Army in Eastern Ghouta is doing the Aleppo move: conquer a corridor, then get wacked by artillery and airstrikes; Qabun Industrial Area, Damascus, Rif Dimashq, Syria, March 22nd, 2017.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: 23-03-2017, 04:03:05 »
Just of interest too- the US Marines did their first big action in Syria.  A couple hundred or so Marines, with a lot of SDF troops, did an airborne (using Ospreys) and amphibious assualt across Lake Assad to the west of Al Thawrah, taking land and creating a foothold that the SDF is now using to push into Al Thawrah from the west, while simultaneously assaulting across the dam from the east.  SDF spokesperson has also announced that the operation is also to ensure the SAA cannot advance on Al Thawrah or Raqqah.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: 23-03-2017, 18:03:29 »
Just of interest too- the US Marines did their first big action in Syria.  A couple hundred or so Marines, with a lot of SDF troops, did an airborne (using Ospreys) and amphibious assualt across Lake Assad to the west of Al Thawrah, taking land and creating a foothold that the SDF is now using to push into Al Thawrah from the west, while simultaneously assaulting across the dam from the east.  SDF spokesperson has also announced that the operation is also to ensure the SAA cannot advance on Al Thawrah or Raqqah.

Yeah, that seemed very unexpected. I wonder what'll happen when SAA reaches the SDF line there. Also I'm hearing some reports that the dam is under SDF control, is this confirmed?
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: 23-03-2017, 23:03:53 »
^^ Tabqah Dam cannot be taken without controlling Tabqah. It is not taken. It is fake news.

Military situation in western Tabqah, Raqqah Governorate, Syria, March 23rd, 2017.

Extra:

Free Syrian Army in Qalamoun pocket, east of Damascus, pushes successively eastwards against the Islamic State in an attempt to link with Free Syrian Army Southern Front, Qalamoun mountains, Rif Dimashq, Syria, March 21st, 2017.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: 24-03-2017, 04:03:09 »

SDF soldiers are literally taking photos of themselves ON the dam.  So not exactly fake news there Dukat.  They haven't announced fully taking it either- only that they're beginning to advance and clear it.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: 24-03-2017, 18:03:06 »

Apparently only half of the dam is under SDF control? Also why are they posing in pictures on the dam, doesn't ISIS have a line of fire from the southern side of the dam?

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: 24-03-2017, 23:03:19 »
^^ Yes, you are right. Today there are pictures from the northern end of the dam. But when I denied the reports of the dam being taken yesterday, I referred to reports that the dam was taken when SDF actually crossed the Lake Assad southbound. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Military situation in northern Hama. Free Syrian Army offensive came to halt and got repelled at Qomhanah, north of Hama, after syrian and shiite reinforcements arrived at the scene, northern Hama Governorate, Syria, March 24th, 2017.

This is how they do it: Abu Saleh Tahan (formerly Ahrar al-Sham) and Abu Mohamad al Joulani (formerly emir of Jabbat Fatah al-Sham) overlooking military operations of Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham in northern Hama. Joulani is marking the Hama military airport with a pen in this scene, Syria, pubilished March 24th, 2017.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: 25-03-2017, 05:03:08 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso