Author Topic: Picture of the Day (Other eras)  (Read 909048 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day (Other eras)
« Reply #8610 on: 28-02-2017, 01:02:11 »

The end of the line for Turkey after a surprising push by the Syrian Arab Army Tiger Forces within one day: Military situation in eastern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, February 27th, 2017.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: 01-03-2017, 02:03:08 »

Syrian Democratic Forces are pushing south of Manbij, Euphrates Shield started pushing towards Manbij while Syrian Arab Army & Allies push east towards lake Assad, eastern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, February 28th, 2017.

Extra:

Kamov Ka-52 documented by ISIS, as Syrian Arab Army & Allies reach the outskirts of Palmyra, eastern Homs Governorate, Syria, February 28th, 2017.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: 02-03-2017, 01:03:14 »
Warning: contains explicit content
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/the-war-photo-no-one-would-publish/375762/

"The War Photo No One Would Publish" + story
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: 02-03-2017, 01:03:53 »

Islamic State is retreating from Palmyra, Syrian Arab Army & Allies prevail. Picture shows goverment soldiers at Qatari palace, southeast of Palmyra. City has been taken by now, Homs Governorate, Syria, March 1st, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: 03-03-2017, 02:03:35 »

Syrian Arab Army & Allies take control over Palmyra, Homs Governorate, Syria, March 2nd, 2017.

Syran Democratic Forces hond over larger areas(estimated) to Syrian Arab Army & Allies in exchange for protection from turkish supported Free Syrian Army, Alepppo Governorate, Syria, March 1st, 2017.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: 03-03-2017, 03:03:40 »
Lots of conflicting reports on that.  Some are denying it, some are saying it's a full hand over, others are saying they're just bringing in Syrian Border Guard units to mix into their units, thus preventing the Turks from being free to shoot.  Either way, the SAA and the SDF both have a common enemy in Turkey right now, so they're gonna work together to limit the Turkish-FSA's push.

Of course, all this has put the Raqqa offensive on hold.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: 04-03-2017, 04:03:22 »
Daesh is getting their asses kicked big time and their defeat is in the near future.

However, if we don't destroy their ideas and let the Middle East progress and enlighten itself it'll all be pointless.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: 04-03-2017, 18:03:22 »

USS Hawaii (CB-3) under construction at the New York Shipbuilding Corp., Camden, New Jersey on 3 July 1946. The after 12" turret and three after 5" mounts are in place--the latter without their shields. Shipyard gear and men on deck indicate that construction was still underway, but little additional visible progress was made before work was officially suspended on 17 February 1947.
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: 05-03-2017, 03:03:24 »

Military situation in eastern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 4th, 2017.

Extra:

A couple of Russians appeared in Manbij, bringing their own bus of Journalists. Aid Convoy. Still no proof of actual syrian or russian troop deployments in the kurdish controlled region of Manbij, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 4th, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: 06-03-2017, 00:03:15 »

Syrian Arab Army & Allies keep pushing eastwards to lake Assad. The pump station used by the Islamic State to flood the channels west of Lake Assad is located east of Jirah airbase. Expect a tough battle there, Syria, March 5th, 2017.

Extra:
Article: Back and Forth: How the Islamic State retook Tadmur, March 4th, 2017

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: 06-03-2017, 22:03:41 »

Syrian Democratic Forces reaches the Euphrates River between Raqqah and Deir Ezzor. Reports indicate that the Islamic State had moved its administration and military headqarters from Raqqah to the iraqi city of Al Qa'im already some time ago, Syria, Raqqah Governorate, March 6th, 2017.

Footage: Jaish al-Islam fires Iranian Zelzal-2 artillery rockets at Syrian Arab Army positions [claimed and unconfimed], Syria, March 6th, 2017, 720p

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: 08-03-2017, 00:03:24 »

Military situation in Iraq, March 7th, 2017.

Extra:

If the Islamic State does not defend the pump station, they might not have sat a defence line in Deir Hafir or Jirah airbase, eastern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 8th, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: 09-03-2017, 01:03:01 »

Military Situation in Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 8th, 2017.

Extra:

Russian Special Forces with Manbij Military Council patch in rural western Manbij, Syria, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 8th, 2017.

Lots of conflicting reports on that.  Some are denying it, some are saying it's a full hand over, others are saying they're just bringing in Syrian Border Guard units to mix into their units, thus preventing the Turks from being free to shoot.  Either way, the SAA and the SDF both have a common enemy in Turkey right now, so they're gonna work together to limit the Turkish-FSA's push.

Of course, all this has put the Raqqa offensive on hold.

It is becoming quite clear that strange things occur and overall facts indicate a policy shift of the USA. Right now, there are 3 factions left in Syria:
  • the Islamic State
  • Turkey and the Free Syrian Army
  • Assad, Hezbollah, Iran, Kurds, Russia and the USA
This actually might speed things up as President Trump announced before.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: 10-03-2017, 02:03:12 »

Syrian Arab Army arrived in western rural Manbij, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 9th, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: 11-03-2017, 03:03:36 »

Islamic State is showing some quality when resisting the Syrian Arab Army Tiger Forces near Jirah Airbase, Aleppo Governorate, Syria, March 10th, 2017.

Extra:

Shia Landship, Tal Windar, Iraq, March 10th, 2017. All aboard!