Author Topic: 9.Pz is looking for new members !  (Read 13170 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: 9.Pz is looking for new members !
« Reply #30 on: 12-01-2010, 17:01:45 »
  Can't get into the ventrilo any longer.   :(
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #31 on: 12-01-2010, 18:01:05 »
You have a bad influence on the younger members so they banned you.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-01-2010, 21:01:48 »
And we want to welcome Herr Gunther in the 9.Pz.

Also we still are looking for more (active) members !

Thank you!  ;D I also need some help setting up this Ventrilo thing. I need a 'server' it says.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-01-2010, 00:01:49 »
  Can't get into the ventrilo any longer.   :(
lainer is just a kitten<3

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18-01-2010, 14:01:18 »

Lol, talking about bad influence you should hear Kreuzer and Rudolph sometimes in Ventrilo  :-X

I've created our own "Dirty Room" channel now, problem solved! ;D

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20-01-2010, 14:01:42 »
to the 9th pz guys, my hdd is down so i havnt been avaible to contact you guys.

cheers Schultz

Offline [79th]NikiTa

• View Profile
    • 79th.org
« Reply #36 on: 27-01-2010, 17:01:12 »
That s a good news.
Hope to see you all on your server soon. ;)

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #37 on: 20-03-2010, 16:03:34 »
A little while back I *was* looking for a clan, and took a very honest look at all the available options.

In Europe (my zone) it's either gaming communities (which I consider the same as going 'retired' in real life, e.g. NO GO!), pure swedish, polish, russian or french clans (DLF, 79th, excav etc) or a host of smaller, semi-active or inactive clans that dont appeal for various reasons (low level of skill, bad reputation etc).

I ended up taking a good look at the 9th website, and maybe it helps for future recruiting to understand why me (and others I know) did not consider you as a good option. This mostly boils down to a 'bad' feeling of adoration and idealization of very doubtful WW2 German ideology, almost always indirectly. The songs that you play on your website, the strong roleplaying from perspective of SS division.

In general the great amount of subtle and non subtle references (Audio, visual, text) to 'the great reich' and the soldiers that made part of it. This appears to go way beyond the adoration many Fh2 players have for Germany's engineering and strategical quality (me included).

I dont say that you guys are _actually_ too politically endorsing some kind of nazi-reich, but that is certainly what it feels like at times when visiting your website. For people like me (and various other skilled players I spoke about) this was a big NO NO and the absolute reason to exclude you as a potential clan to join.

Just my $0.02
« Last Edit: 20-03-2010, 16:03:12 by Dnarag1M »

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #38 on: 20-03-2010, 19:03:18 »
Benz,

By no means I have any bad experience with you or any other 9th member. I just tell you the impression your website gives to normal (but I must add, NON german) people like me. I said it here as a suggestion, not an attack and I do realise that how the website might be perceived and the actual sentiments in your clan could and probably are very very different.

Hitlers voice is just associated with a lot of ...very very bad things. The music to me does not put it into perspective but makes it even heavier and dramatic.

Hope this clarifies :)

Offline Spinoza

• 9.Pz-Div.Rudolph
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20-03-2010, 19:03:27 »
I can understand that some of the music can be perceived as offensive to people.

However, I think these people don't see that the music is actually making fun of Hitler. I mean, seriousely, Benz even mixed it with a Lady Gaga song once!(we all laughed hard at that one  ;D) If you've ever seen the news section, one would have more reason to think that we're actually making fun of the Wehrmacht instead of glorifying it. Of course we will fully respect one's taste of humour, but it's not like we are doing "wrong" jokes. To me it seems you didn't see what our clan is really about(fun) and misunderstood it for something else(weirdass fanaticism). The fact you didn't consider our clan as a good option shows this too.

Anyway, if you can take our "special" taste of humour then just visit us once on Ventrilo.

Member of the 9th Panzer Division.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20-03-2010, 20:03:07 »
I'll support Dnarag here, sometimes it's a bit too much Third Reich. It's not like we call you guys Nazi's, I know your not but other people might think differently.

Just make it clear, maybe you are making fun of Hitler but we can't really see that on the outside if you know what I mean.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20-03-2010, 20:03:41 »
I'll support Dnarag here, sometimes it's a bit too much Third Reich. It's not like we call you guys Nazi's, I know your not but other people might think differently.

Just make it clear, maybe you are making fun of Hitler but we can't really see that on the outside if you know what I mean.

really, if you guys think that's too much third reich, google "Arische Kämpfer" and check their website. That's a german clan and serverhoster for FH1 (and many other games).

I don't see much nazi related things in this (9.Pz) clan, or their website, probably because I'm a Finn and couldn't care shit about those things.
« Last Edit: 20-03-2010, 20:03:33 by Ciupita »

Offline Spinoza

• 9.Pz-Div.Rudolph
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 20-03-2010, 20:03:14 »

If other people actually think we are a Nazi-clan then they clearly didn't watch our site closely enough. If the would check out the description of our clan on the main page for example, they would clearly see we are a clan about fun and teamwork. If they would check out the news section they would see that we are more about fun then about serious teamwork, but okay  :P. It's perfectly visible "on the outside". When I joined a while ago I just saw a very humorous group of people who had lots of fun playing FH2 using WWII Wehrmacht tactics. If you don't see it as such it might be better to join another clan, because we do expect a certain degree of humour from our members  ;)

So really, I don't see the problem here. Of course we can keep discussing on how humour and a
"Wehrmacht themed clan" can be perceived, but I for one accept that everyone differs on these points. Some people are interested in Red Army/Soviet-themed clans, others like US. Army themed clans more. As long as it doesn't turn serious and fanatic I think it's all okay.

We play games for fun, and I think that's more than clear. And again, if you want to know for sure just hop by on Ventrilo and talk to us in person.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 20-03-2010, 21:03:21 »
Really Ciupita, you don't have to tell me anything about -=AK=-. Crazy bastards. I only liked their server rotationt hough  :P

And again, I don't see you guys like that, it's how others might see you like that. And even if it is whriten down very clearly, some people don't look further then a couple of pictures because all they see are Germans in uniforms, Third Reich propaganda and German wartime pictures  ;)

Offline Spinoza

• 9.Pz-Div.Rudolph
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20-03-2010, 23:03:07 »
because all they see are Germans in uniforms, Third Reich propaganda and German wartime pictures

Ah well, I guess it's wrong to associate a Wehrmacht-themed clan with "Germans in Uniforms" and "German wartime pictures".  ffs ::)

Don't know about "Third Reich propaganda", haven't seen that so far. Unless you think this story fits that description:
While the 9.Pz captured a city Herr Rudolph decided to play on his trumpet wich ofcourse was strictly forbidden by Herr Benz because the city was by attacks from Luftwaffe and artillery in a very bad shape. But we al know Rudolph and after he drunk some Jagermeister he decided to ignore the order and started playing on his trumpet.
(found at our News page)  

Now please, give me a break. After all these examples you can't possibly think that a normal-minded person who has a marginal sense of humour would see us as a Nazi-clan. It's just downright idiotic.