Author Topic: Bf 1942 Mods!  (Read 4966 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Bf 1942 Mods!
« on: 21-09-2009, 02:09:55 »
So today I decided to play a bit of bf42 to remember some goods times and downloaded a few new mods. Wow! I was amazed at some of the stuff done with the bf42 engine! Anyways heres the mods I've got for Bf42, I reccomend checking some out...

1.Desert Combat, yeah pretty fun, the helicopters were pretty interesting to me. Definitely fun to play

2.Interstate 82, love driving and racing while shooting hi caliber guns and laying down mines behind your car? This mod has it, fun mod for sure! One of the things I LOVE about it is the fact that you can go 3rd person and see your self flipping people off when your use a particular weapon

3.DC Realism (Desert combat but realistic)

4.Eve of Destruction, albeit some lighting wasn't good but this mod is WAY better than vanilla BFv. Some of the music is pretty good too, im starting to want to start up EoD and fly a huey now....

5.Fragfield, Made by Russian Comrade, Pretty fun lil mod definitely lots of CQB. Although the only drawback is not enough maps! (8 are included)

6.Untold War Stories, really fun mod, comes with 4 maps but definitely fun. HUGE tank battles for sure on one particular map!

7. Battle Field Anthology, basically takes BF42 BFRR and BFSWW2 puts them together and then tweaks weapons to be more realistic (I REALLY Reccomend playing Midway on this one. Pilots should definitely gget this one!)

8. Last but Most Definitely not least is Experience WW2, Fun mod similar to that of FH (I've never played FH 1 or 2 [  :'( Due to computer problems and getting a 2 year old computer that hasn't seen the light of day back to working order But from the screenshots of both ive seen it is quite fun, Im definitely lovin the sounds of the K98,No.4,and M1903. The mod is quite excellent and charging Juno is amazingly fun. Definitely reccomended!

What are some BF42 Mods experiences you've had or mods that you'd like to suggest?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
Re: Bf 1942 Mods!
« Reply #1 on: 21-09-2009, 02:09:27 »
BF1918 ftw! we are gonna release 3.1 soon.... which will bring massive sea battles!
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-09-2009, 02:09:52 »
I've never played FH 1 or 2  :'(
Um.

1. Why are you here??
2. Get them!

I also recommend SilentHeroes. Modern warfare between Sweden and Norway. There is a regular community event every Tuesday with around 20 players.

And Galactic Conquest, epic Star Wars battles.
« Last Edit: 21-09-2009, 02:09:31 by Zrix »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-09-2009, 03:09:34 »
I'd suggest the Pirates Mod, if it was ever played anymore. I keep it installed because occasionally a server gets occupied. It used to be really popular and was in my opinion, the funnest BF1942 mod.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-09-2009, 04:09:17 »
Um.

1. Why are you here??
2. Get them!

I also recommend SilentHeroes. Modern warfare between Sweden and Norway. There is a regular community event every Tuesday with around 20 players.

Well the quality of the mod looks amazing and i'll be playing by christmas this year! And the community is a good bunch of people

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-09-2009, 07:09:55 »
Um.

1. Why are you here??
2. Get them!

Well the quality of the mod looks amazing and i'll be playing by christmas this year! And the community is a good bunch of people
Silent Heroes is truly a great mod, IMO the best Bf1942 mod out there, they've done an amazing job. To bad it's hardly played...

Also, try out the Transformers 1942 mod, it's actually fun!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-09-2009, 07:09:01 »

What are some BF42 Mods experiences you've had or mods that you'd like to suggest?

Bf1918, awesome mod. If I could turn back time like Cheer, Id convince fh1 to include this mod in to the Mod along time ago. Epic maps, great art and well, the best WW1 game/mod of its time.

Norwegian Resistance..same here.. with a touch up on the art-side, this also should have been in the Fh1 build.

Fhsw, well to continue, this add-on enhances Fh1 on all levels, and by all means could just have been pasted in to the fh1 build and shipped off as FH 0.75, no maps though but the content they edited or added is pretty epic. (unless they at the time had decided to close fh1 *scheisse*)

Galactic Conquest was also a mod I really enjoyed...sadly it felt like they stopped too early on it, the final mod never felt completed to me... had some good times in it though..

FinnWars is a mod I never really played online, but I still like its concept and think they should get their asses out of the sauna and make fh2 material for it, so we could experience it in the current engine (*slaps finnish modders*) 8)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #7 on: 21-09-2009, 09:09:43 »
FinnWars is producing their own game on the same concept.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Biiviz

« Reply #8 on: 21-09-2009, 10:09:16 »
FinnWars is producing their own game on the same concept.

I think it's halted because of financial trouble. :/

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:24 »
Was to be expected lol.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-09-2009, 13:09:57 »
I played most every mod (Literally, anything that was released as a mod I played) for BF42 but I'd have to say the ones I played the most were:

1. FH1

2. BF Pirates

3. Desert Combat Final

I regret not sticking to BF1918, but when I had it for some reason I couldn't find people playing...

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 21-09-2009, 13:09:20 »
I regret not sticking to BF1918, but when I had it for some reason I couldn't find people playing...

Same, then a clan elder banned it from our server because he felt it was too realistic, i.e. wait for arty to stop everyone walk forward and get shot.  I loved it though -  BF2 engine could provide much better terrain, and a sprint button, yay!
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-09-2009, 15:09:49 »

Same, then a clan elder banned it from our server because he felt it was too realistic, i.e. wait for arty to stop everyone walk forward and get shot.  I loved it though -  BF2 engine could provide much better terrain, and a sprint button, yay!
They started working on a BF2 version. But for some reason it got cancelled :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlpIV7lOZKk

It looks very very good
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #13 on: 21-09-2009, 17:09:23 »

Same, then a clan elder banned it from our server because he felt it was too realistic, i.e. wait for arty to stop everyone walk forward and get shot.  I loved it though -  BF2 engine could provide much better terrain, and a sprint button, yay!
They started working on a BF2 version. But for some reason it got cancelled :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlpIV7lOZKk

It looks very very good

I remeber playing that - it was essentially a great little mod, but a bit buggy, then it was only just passed an alpha version when they released, some nice air battles - I did not know they canned the project, shame to see such an effort go to waste.

I don't know if you have ever played this (if you are interested in WW1 flight)

RISE OF FLIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr97zNLFg1s < trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Cj_cper5Q < fokker dogfight
http://riseofflight.com/tryrof.aspx  < demo

It's a really nice WW1 flight sim albeit a little boring trying to latch onto a target who is throwing their plane about like a drunken whore, to be honest I had to put it away for a while it made me feel sea sick - nauseous, but that's just personal ailment
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-09-2009, 19:09:53 »

i love the artillery system of the mod it really is deadly.
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder