Author Topic: Militaria  (Read 224990 times)

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Re: Militaria
« Reply #30 on: 02-04-2009, 23:04:25 »
Ill post a pic of my beat to shit MkIII smle soon. :)

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02-04-2009, 23:04:20 »
Ill post a pic of my beat to shit MkIII smle soon. :)

There are no shit SMLEs'.  ;)

I'd love to have one. But they seem to be to expensive for a 17 year old  :(.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #32 on: 02-04-2009, 23:04:56 »
Well its my dads but i get it when im 18, and you can get them dirt cheap in Canada. It was used as a range rifle on my great-grandfather's farm so its been sporterized, which is a shame. The barrel and woodwork have been cut back. It was manufactured in 1940 by BSE and has no Canadian markings.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02-04-2009, 23:04:39 »
My new toy....:

:)

Offline Dogbert

• ηŠ¬γƒγƒΌγƒˆ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03-04-2009, 00:04:28 »
Thats awesome haha. But..uh..you need to clean your room I think..

Ill post my Japanese stuff later

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #35 on: 03-04-2009, 01:04:35 »
Nice Muddy....I know that is not the one we had up my way because it lacks the shield.  Is it NFA or a repo?  And how much dare I ask?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03-04-2009, 03:04:38 »
Repro, 350 bucks, got it for cheap, the guy was trying to get rid of some stuff he doesn't use.  That repro normally sells for about 550 bucks.

And psh, my room is actually VERY clean right now, as compared to a year ago xD

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03-04-2009, 03:04:10 »
How much does your PZshreck weigh?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03-04-2009, 03:04:42 »
Same as the original, about 21 lbs.  Its actually rather well balanced, and since I won't be carrying my K98k, K98k ammo/ammo pouches, and I'll have a loader to carry the ammo, it actually won't be that bad at all.  Since its shieldless, I'll also be rocking gasmask and welding gloves to "protect" me from the rocket exhaust ;)

I'm also getting it repainted.  Going with a primer, then fieldgrey basepaint, then quickly applied winter whitewash using burlap to apply it, followed by finnish geometric camo (works for german too).  That way, as the paint flakes, much like on my helmet, it'll show the previously applied paints.  Makes it loook a lot better, and gives it some history.  My helmet is actually tuned to my persona, with field grey basepaint from my time in Italy, then winter camo for my service in the 43 winter in russia, followed by apple green with purple/brown and khaki splotches and dark green leaves painted into the camo pattern, light oxide texturization, and a single wire frame.  It looks really good now, as the paint flakes off, and exposes little white and fieldgrey, and even bare metal, areas of the helm ;)

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03-04-2009, 03:04:35 »
Same as the original, about 21 lbs.  Its actually rather well balanced, and since I won't be carrying my K98k, K98k ammo/ammo pouches, and I'll have a loader to carry the ammo, it actually won't be that bad at all.  Since its shieldless, I'll also be rocking gasmask and welding gloves to "protect" me from the rocket exhaust ;)

I'm also getting it repainted.  Going with a primer, then fieldgrey basepaint, then quickly applied winter whitewash using burlap to apply it, followed by finnish geometric camo (works for german too).  That way, as the paint flakes, much like on my helmet, it'll show the previously applied paints.  Makes it loook a lot better, and gives it some history.  My helmet is actually tuned to my persona, with field grey basepaint from my time in Italy, then winter camo for my service in the 43 winter in russia, followed by apple green with purple/brown and khaki splotches and dark green leaves painted into the camo pattern, light oxide texturization, and a single wire frame.  It looks really good now, as the paint flakes off, and exposes little white and fieldgrey, and even bare metal, areas of the helm ;)

You need to post pictures of all your stuff one of these days.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03-04-2009, 13:04:08 »
Ok, next up another civilian gasmaskt, this time its model 1940. This specific model is stil in its orriginal box and is in childsize.

Next are 2 military models, the first one is a GM-30 (no date found)and its container (dated 1940 and has a copper or brass inside for some reasen), the second one is a GM-38 (dated jan 1941) and container (1936).

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03-04-2009, 13:04:30 »
My new toy....:

:)

Verry nice:p

I saw a couple of piats 2 weeks a go at a militariafair and almost bought one until a saw a verry nice 1943 british made lee enfield No4 Mk1. To bad it had a broken extractor spring tough, it can shoot, just not verry fast.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03-04-2009, 14:04:55 »
Your couch sure looks like half the wehrmacht staff has sat on it!
But nice replica.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03-04-2009, 20:04:54 »
Nope, just my cat that sheds like crazy!  I've given up trying to get his fur off the couch, it all returns the next day xD

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03-04-2009, 20:04:11 »

A Spoon I found in my grandparents kitchen table just some weeks ago  :o
Some research revealed it to be a Luftwaffe Spoon.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---