Author Topic: Is it just me or does the attacking side always lose in s.p.?  (Read 267 times)

Offline joehanlei

• View Profile
Hey all,
Just discovered this mod and been playing with it quite a bit in the last few days. Everything's awesome. However, one complaint I have is that whenever I'm on the attacking side of a map (where you have to capture all enemy points or you keep losing tickets) It is almost impossible to win.
Now my game was 1.5 (i think?) which I did may have pirated back in the day, and am running 64 bots in total.
On medium difficulty, it starts off well, but soon there seems to be an equilibrium, where even if I work my ass off to capture a point, my team proceeds to be unable to advance any further, or just end up losing the point soon after, and my (attacking) side ends up losing on tickets. It is quite frustrating to always watch defenders win, so I'm just curious is this the way the mod was designed, or could there be anything related to my version of the game that's causing this?

Offline defaultplayer

• View Profile
I know what you mean and found a great tip on this forums that I'd like to share with you:
Just start a local co-op match instead of regular singleplayer. There you can choose the Bot Ratio to your needs. Whenever I play singleplayer I give the attackers more bots, for example Attackers:36 Defenders:28, and in most cases I get good matches like that where the attackers actually move forward in the map. So, go to:
Multiplayer -> Create LAN server (you don't need internet connection or anything)-> Gamemode:Coop
And above that you can see a lot of options, including Bot Ratio.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
I too play co-op and almost always win - attacking or defending. Co-op gives you some options to customize the battle including the ticket ratio.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Singleplayer is not even being developed, all maps are designed and balanced with online play in mind.

Offline joehanlei

• View Profile
Multiplayer -> Create LAN server (you don't need internet connection or anything)-> Gamemode:Coop
And above that you can see a lot of options, including Bot Ratio.

Hey thanks for the tip man. However I'm having this issue where when I manipulate the bot ratio I can only go from "all on my side" to "50% on my side". How can I change it for maps where the attackers are on the other side when the game starts? e.g. for mount Olympus, the NZ side is defending but they are on the left by default, so when I want to play German as attackers I can't figure out a way to have more player/bots on my side.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Hi there. Which maps are you trying on Co-op? Some have outdated/broken pathfinding and simply aren't playable. This thread has a list of the "good" maps: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20627.0

I'm currently working on co-op. I'm working on bringing co-op playability to a number of the CMP Pacific theatre maps, the stock FH2 Eastern Front maps, and working on repairing the existing Western Front/North African maps which have broken pathfinding. It's time consuming and I'm doing my best, but I promise to bring more maps & content to other fellow co-op players. FH2 has a bigger co-op playerbase than you'd think. (Look at the view count on the threads in the SP/Co-Op forum.) Unfortunately my laptop's motherboard died a month ago and that severely delayed my work. I'm trying to save up for a decent preowned one, but I'm not quite there yet.

I find co-op to be incredibly fun especially the maps I have customized to be more bot/co-op friendly. Ramelle is one of the best along with Sfakia, Brest, Tunis, and several others. Bots tend to work best on infantry based maps, however they're absolutely deadly with aircraft.

One of the things I find difficult when fighting bots is their reaction time. They can shoot accurately from the hip, thus in the time it takes a human player to raise iron sights, the bot can already be firing. Also they can see through most underbrush & smoke. They have good hearing as well and can zero in your sniping spot easily.

Anyway I find it best to play outnumbered on most maps. You as a human are far smarter than BF2 AI from 12-whatever years ago. Thus one human can do the damage of 10 bots. For instance I enjoy playing Ramelle on the American team with 24 to 27 German bots and 10 to 14 American bots. Difficulty setting 70% - 80%. 12 second respawn. My Ramelle is customized, but the stock FH2 one is awesome and probably the #1 best Co-Op city map IMO.

Try playing around with the bot ratio slider & set the human players slider down to 1. I can't remember if that affects it or not but it won't hurt. Generally moving the bot ratio slider to the right will add bots to Axis & moving to the left will add bots to Allied.