Announcements > Announcements

Public Beta Test - squad leader score updates

(1/4) > >>

Mayhemic.MAD:
Hello fellow FH players out there.

Recent discussion on Discord made us realize that our scoring system is not rewarding the really important gameplay aspects enough.

Usually a squad leader is trying to get his squad close to enemy flags, but then goes into hiding, in order to allow all his squad mates to spawn close to it and capture it quickly. Mostly though this means the squad leader ends up with a low score on the scoreboard, even though his actions might have been the deciding factor in a battle.

This lead us to implement a change in scoring which gives the squad leader a share of the all points his squad mates earn. For this test the share is set to be 25% and it is counted for all points a player can earn, so not just kills or flag captures, but even repairs, rearms and minus scores for team killing and team damage. However the share is only counted if the squad mate scoring points is actually anywhere near the squad leader, to promote only squads sticking together instead of everyone running around alone in some random direction.

We hope that this change will put the squad leaders leading their squads into battles to the top of the score board, instead of those players who ay be able to use things like tanks or artillery effectively, but not necessarily to the benefit of the team. It should also be an incentive to have more squads created.

The public cmp server #1 is already running the script, so we are looking forward to see a populated server over the weekend.

Please post your comments here after you gave it a try!

Kalkalash:
Is it possible to give a bonus score modifier for squad members as well and not just the squad leader? I feel that if the players get more score for sticking close to the squad leader,  you'll have more cohesive squads. Maybe you could add a similar modifier to squad leader markers? So attacking/defending objectives set by your squad leader gives you extra point.

I feel like these two are the ones that annoy me the most when being a squad leader; people wandering off (okay in my opinion if they're in a tank etc.) or people doing something completely irrelevant, when I'm in a situation where I'd need my whole squad attacking a flag.

Being at the bottom of the score list doesn't usually happen if you're squad leader based on my experience, I think this is only a problem for those squad leaders specifically who play as a mobile spawn point.

jan_kurator:
I was actually thinking about it today, and I thought it would be nice to add extra score to everyone in the squad (for example 10%), and keep the mentioned 25% bonus score for the SL only. We need encourage players to work together more and beef up good teamwork squads.

--- Quote from: Kalkalash on 31-08-2018, 14:08:32 ---Maybe you could add a similar modifier to squad leader markers? So attacking/defending objectives set by your squad leader gives you extra point.

--- End quote ---
This would be nice: add extra 5 or so points for flag capture and extra 3 for the assists, if it was a flag your SL ordered you to capture. And add extra "flag defend" score (the one you get when you kill the enemy inside the radius of your team's flag) when there is a "defend" marker on it.

LuckyOne:
I  H A T E you guys! (because you're running gameplay tests while I am nowhere near a gaming PC) :P

Also, I LOVE you guys!  ;D

(Told ya something can come out of a decent focused discussion)

EDIT: I am in favour of the score boost working both ways (smaller boost for teammates of course)
A good squad needs to have a mutual relationship, not just the teammates score-feeding their SL

|7th|Nighthawk:
I totally endorse this idea and the additions Kalkalash and jan_kurator made  :) I always thought that giving points for being a mobile spawn would already be nice (maybe one every five spawns) but if your ideas could be implemented, that might just have a positive impact on teamplay with randoms that would make the difference. Does anyone know how PR does it? I often see squadleaders there showing up only second to squad medics and sometimes first while the whole squad usually has a high score as well; might have something to do with building FOBs though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version