Author Topic: Any Plans For U.S. Based Server?  (Read 872 times)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
Any Plans For U.S. Based Server?
« on: 05-07-2018, 05:07:36 »
Are there any current plans for a U.S based server? I ask this because I love this game, but it is simply unplayable for me due to the high ping. I understand that the majority of the FH2 playerbase is European, but there must be enough people in the U.S. to host a server and play on it, right? Please let me know if this is a possibility. Much appreciated,

-fighterpil

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: Any Plans For U.S. Based Server?
« Reply #1 on: 05-07-2018, 05:07:24 »
There is an american server, the WaW server. What do you mean with high ping? My ping is 270 in european servers and I´ve played FH for more than 10 years.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-07-2018, 16:07:34 »
Oh, I was not aware that WaW was based in the U.S. It never seems to have any players on it though. What I mean by high ping is that I am playing in the U.S., but the server is in Europe, so all of my actions lag behind a bit. This often leads to my death, and completely disables my ability to use any SMGs.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-07-2018, 17:07:21 »
Yea WAW is American, it’s just that there’s not a lot of American players. Most players are from Europe, that why their servers are mainly full during European times and the most popular ones are in Germany where there’s good ping for them.

I’m American too, and the lag is just kinda something you gotta get used to after a while :P

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-07-2018, 18:07:11 »
Alright, guess I’ll just have to cope with it. Any tips on how to combat it, or will I just have to get used to it?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-07-2018, 22:07:18 »
you get used to it after some time. my FH play style is different from other games. although over 10-ish years I've really locked it in :P

that's the tough part about FH for new players. 90% of the other players on the server have been playing for a LONG time

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-07-2018, 23:07:23 »
Why not try and get together all US players for an event on WaW? Try to get some of the SP players in and you might have a nicely filled server. Once the event has gone well, more regular gamenights might follow, why not?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-07-2018, 23:07:49 »
WaW used to do Thursday night game nights. It would regularly attract enough to fill a 16 player server, sometimes jumping to 32 maps.

I'm down to see that back but I don't run the server. Idk if it's even updated. Last real time it was organized was over a year ago http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16791.msg353505#msg353505

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-07-2018, 23:07:57 »
I'm just suggesting it because I read so many messages of US players asking for a US based server, that I think it would have a great turnout if coordinated well enough.

Coming summer holiday I can even help starting things up from the old country :)