Author Topic: Unnecessarily Movable AT Guns  (Read 735 times)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Unnecessarily Movable AT Guns
« on: 17-06-2018, 22:06:15 »
A few maps, such as Lenino, have a lot of AT guns in the movable configuration even though their placement makes moving them rather pointless (they start in a reasonable position and would need to be moved a long way to get anywhere new). The annoyance is that these movable AT guns are a pain to use - they can't turn and they slide around after every shot, requiring you to constantly switch to the movable position to correct the direction the gun is facing.

I think these movable guns should generally be replaced with the static version except when mobility is absolutely necessary.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Unnecessarily Movable AT Guns
« Reply #1 on: 17-06-2018, 23:06:55 »
Problem with the static AT guns is that SL's can't use them because their spawn becomes unavailable. In movable AT guns the squadmembers still can spawn on him. I don't know i tht was the reason to do it like this, but maybe it played a role at least.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-06-2018, 23:06:34 »
I always distiguish between static and movable at guns when I map. The static ones are in fortified positions, the movable one spawn somewhere behind cover close to the inf spawn points so people can push them somewhere. IMO that should be standard practice.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-06-2018, 23:06:41 »
It is a problem on Lenino indeed. Mobile PAKs tend to slide from slopes after each shot, and most of them on Lenino is placed on slopes.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-06-2018, 15:06:13 »
IMO, those mobile AT guns ought to be redone somehow.
It should plant itself better before firing.
It should be able to roll over trenches without bugging out, like any other vehicle.
That open second seat has got to go.  It's too inviting for trolls.  There must be some other solution.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-06-2018, 22:06:24 »
Would it be possible to use the suspension disabling code to make the gun "fall through" to the ground more and thus decrease movement? The one that was experimented on in the early stages of FH2?

Or make the gun really heavy (slow) and then add afterburner code to allow it to move?

Really, I can't believe nobody in over 13 years of Refractor 2 hasn't found a way to tone down physics shenanigans...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...