Author Topic: CTD on map loading  (Read 1820 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
CTD on map loading
« on: 27-05-2018, 22:05:45 »
It has been happening rather frequently now. Once it starts crashing, no matter how many times I try to load the map it will CTD. From what I read, many other players are having the same issue. It´s been happening in the CMP server so far, I haven´t crashed trying to load on 762. Could it be a server problem?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: CTD on map loading
« Reply #1 on: 27-05-2018, 23:05:23 »
Where did you read about many other players are having the same issue? That sounds like a serious problem, but I honestly don't see any reports.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-05-2018, 00:05:12 »
I read it in-game chat. The only name I remember is Geopat. Others will end up reporting it, I´m just not sure it´s the server or if it has something to do with the mod. Today I could not play half of the maps on the CMP server.

Offline StrumFlim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-05-2018, 11:05:10 »
Hi Blander and Jan

I have the same problem on the CMP server. Maps which filed so far 'Seelow' and 'Bastogne'

I heard indeed from Blander and Geopat, there was one more player with the problem just forgot the name.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-05-2018, 12:05:51 »
I have noticed quite a few people disconnecting after map change, both on the CMP and the 762 servers. I am not sure if it is a structural problem with the mod (like the pretty common CTDs that we are all experiencing once in a while) or if it is connected to the new patch.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-05-2018, 04:05:34 »
It never happened to me before. I have had ocasional CTDs but not in this way. For example on Seelow, Pegasus, Bastogne and a few others. No matter how many times I try to connect to the server it CTD during the map loading.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-05-2018, 23:05:59 »
Now it´s happening on the 762 server, Gazala map.

Offline StrumFlim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-05-2018, 23:05:32 »
Hey Blander, yeah I had the same problem now also with Gazala. On the 762 server this time.

Before Gazala we played Arad with 100 people. Now Gazala has 87 players, so there might be some more peopel with the same problem.

I deleted the gazala map from my EA games-bf2-mods-fh2-levels directory and after that 'repaired' with FH2 updater (Gazala map 70Mb download). Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

About the remark from hitm4k3r; you said you saw people disconnect. That is not the same problem I think, we do not really get into the server, we crash out of the game while loading the next map, or am I wrong here?

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-05-2018, 23:05:20 »
That´s right, the crash occurs while loading the map. I tried to repair too and didn´t work.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-05-2018, 23:05:45 »
Hey Blander, yeah I had the same problem now also with Gazala. On the 762 server this time.

Before Gazala we played Arad with 100 people. Now Gazala has 87 players, so there might be some more peopel with the same problem.

I deleted the gazala map from my EA games-bf2-mods-fh2-levels directory and after that 'repaired' with FH2 updater (Gazala map 70Mb download). Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

About the remark from hitm4k3r; you said you saw people disconnect. That is not the same problem I think, we do not really get into the server, we crash out of the game while loading the next map, or am I wrong here?

I should have worded it better: the people did not disconnect from the server by themself, but they actually got disconnected wich gets shown as a message even after loading into a map after the mapchange. So we are indeed speaking about the same issues and we are actually planning on investigating and checking this as there seem to be quite a few people affected. With the different ways of installing and updating FH2 it is a bit difficult to track down currently what could be causing those problems.

Btw: regarding those CTDs: is it crashing when the loading is finished or when there is a certain percentage reached?
« Last Edit: 30-05-2018, 23:05:34 by hitm4k3r »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-05-2018, 00:05:11 »
When a certain percentage is reached, though is not always the same percentage. Now it´s happening on Keren at 92%

Offline StrumFlim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-05-2018, 00:05:41 »
@Skrim:
Thanks that is clear now

the CTD happens when it is almost fully loaded. The loading bar is on 3/4th of its way. It definately does not happen when you get the 'join' button, you get crashed out before that button appears.

Now also Battle of Keren I got crashed out of the game, after playing (without problems) one of the new maps?

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-05-2018, 02:05:25 »
Lebisey crashes at 87%

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31-05-2018, 16:05:14 »
Cobra 86%

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31-05-2018, 16:05:59 »
And if you run in windowed mode, you never get any error message?