Author Topic: Ihantala 64  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Ihantala 64
« on: 25-05-2018, 22:05:03 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
Re: Ihantala 64
« Reply #1 on: 30-05-2018, 18:05:46 »
hi
at Pyorakangas when you are in front of the flag, you can capture at 2m but at 3m you can't.
hope i'm clear

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-05-2018, 18:05:30 »
hi
at Pyorakangas when you are in front of the flag, you can capture at 2m but at 3m you can't.
hope i'm clear

A+

Hello

Not entirely sure I know what you mean. Do you mean the distance to the physical map object?

If so, dont measure your distance to it since the flag object itself is not in the center of the cap radius. Since we have placed all the flags in hanging or folded positions, we had to move the physical flag object to the most suitable places. They are within the cap radiuses but they are not in the center of them as you would normally have them be in their default "zero" position. We dont like flag poles and since it is sometimes very difficult to find a good place to position the flag object, sometimes the object is at the very edge of the cap radius.

On most cases the cap radiuses are large enough that you dont really have to look for where the flag object is, since in this case it is only to kinda guide you the rough whereabouts of the capture area, not to mark the precise position of it. However, we intend to enlarge at least Pyöräkangas and Lakeside cap radiuses so they are bigger and less confusing. We might enlarge other flag cap radiuses as well, but we will monitor the situation before touching them.

For now, my advice you focus on knowing where the capture radiuses are without thinking too much of the flag objects. Remember that on this map the flag objects are not the centers of the cap zones as they would normally be.

If this wasnt what you meant, could you please provide us with more information? :)

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-05-2018, 19:05:29 »
yes, it's was what i mean : the distance to the physical map object.
sry about inconvenience and thx for the explanations.
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-05-2018, 19:05:34 »
yes, it's was what i mean : the distance to the physical map object.
sry about inconvenience and thx for the explanations.

Better to ask than keep quiet. Who knows, it could have been an actual bug that we could otherwise miss. Thanks!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-10-2018, 15:10:48 »
2.54 changelog:

Overall:
- Changed SU-152 wrecks to ISU-152 wrecks.   
- Added an ammobox to the barn south side of the bridge.
- wrecks for the T34/85 are showing the correct numbers now (thanks to Roughbeak)

64p:
- Changed SU-152 to ISU-152.
- Changed FockeWulf fighters to FockeWulf fighterbombers.
- Increased the capture radius of Lakeside, Pekarila and Pyöräkangas flags.
- Slightly increased the capture radius of the Highway flag.
- Pyöräkangas commander radio removed.
- Relocated the Crossroad commander radio to the middle finnish mainbase.
- Crossroad pickup DT changed to a pickup LS26.
- Added a pickup LS26 at western finnish mainbase.
- Changed the leFH18's to M30's.
- increased the spawn time for the IS2 from 30 to 60 seconds minimum.
- added a few more highway spawns for the Finnish team.
- fixed the spawner conditions for the tanks at Pekarila (they will only spawn when Russians have that flag and the bridge flag).
- team locked the Pak 40.
- increased the bleed speed for the Russian team by 50%.
- doubled the spawntime for the two La5 on the 64 player version.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-08-2019, 11:08:42 »
Sorry for being a necromantic wehraboo again. The custom dunkelgelb skin on the StuG/StuH is a nice touch, but it is historically a bit inaccurate. I guess the idea came from the famous picture of a Sturmhaubitze 42 racing down the Ihantala road:

Spoiler

However, this is one of the replacement vehicles rushed straight from ALKETT factory, as couple StuG.Brig. 303 assault guns fell into the harbour, while unloading the cargo in 22 June 1944, Helsinki. According to "Panzers in Finland", the replacements were shipped immediately from the factory and the crews of the sunken vehicles stayed in HKI waiting for the delivery.

Since there are no "middle production" StuG III Ausf. G or StuH 42 in the game, the easiest fix would be camouflage the current "early" StuGs. Most assault guns from StuG.Brig. 303 were assembled in 1943 (some even earlier), numbered and in full camouflage, painted dominantly in dark brown and olive green:

Spoiler

Assembled: MIAG, 11.1943

Alkett, 04-08.1943

Alkett, 11-12.1943

It's also worth mentioning that the combat experience of the brigade gained at front in four months prior to being sent to Finland was rather high: 3./StuG.Brig. 303 alone claimed 46 Soviet tanks in the northern Baltic area.

refer: Kuusela: "Wehrmachtin Panssarit Suomessa" ("Panzers in Finland"), Müller: "Sturmgeschütz III Vol. 2", Erkki Käkelä & Panssarikilta

« Last Edit: 31-08-2019, 11:08:05 by nysä »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31-08-2019, 12:08:24 »
It's a good idea and custom skins are always a nice touch, especially when they add to the historical accuracy. However the idea behind having just a generic dunkelgelb skin for the 303 here is a two parter:

1) Differentiating the upcoming finnish StuG's from the generic german counterparts, making it easier for your every day player to notice the difference between the two. Now, Ihantala will not be receiving these finnish variants obviously, but I know for a fact that there are players who dont realise that the dunkelgelb stugs are not a placeholder. ;)

As a side note you are correct about the influence of the StuH photo. It played a role in deciding what texture to use.

2) It being a generic skin allows others to use it. I decided against having unit markers and vehicle numbers just so this would become a generic dunkelgelb skin that everyone can use on their maps.

-

While Im not saying no to your suggestion. I like historical details like these, but first I'd need to find a texture artist who'd be interested in doing this and who also has the time to do it, currently our man-to-go Matt Baker is swamped with all sorts of projects. Tbh, I'll just leave this open for any interested texture artists to tackle. If someone comes up with a texture, I'll consider adding it in.

While Im not against the idea itself, I think we will keep the current ones at least for now. If you happen to have a camo pattern and examples on what the StuG could/would have looked like, do post examples here.

One thing I'd like to get changed in the future are the gun mantlets from the box shaped ones to saukopf's.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31-08-2019, 14:08:56 »
Hey, thanks for listening. If you want colour schemes, here's one:

Personally, I wouldn't give much value to imaginative colour plates, even though they still seem quite popular.
If you take your time to inspect the photographs, you will notice that they were much darker, thoroughly painted with olive/dark green and dark brown stripes, patches. Like mentioned earlier, the initial camo work was already done in the Northern Baltic theatre, where approx. 50% of the land area is forest (i.e. something to consider when applying the camouflage).
Also, some vehicles had concrete applied on the superstructure front, plus logs on the sponson sides and the armoured driver's visor, characteristics that were soon copied by the Finns.

Erkki Käkelä has mentioned, how Finnish troops made jokes about German assault guns - how sloppily camouflage was done (no use of templates) and how poorly the logs were put in place; "like careless firewood in a woodshed".
« Last Edit: 01-09-2019, 18:09:44 by nysä »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-05-2020, 15:05:57 »
2.56 changelog

Overall:
- Fixed a few lightmap issues.

- Cleaned up all kits and pickup kits on all three layers. There are now more pickup kits scattered around the map on all layers.

- New historically accurate camo pattern for the 303rd Sturmgeschutz Brigade
        - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338595052219793408/653674995847004160/stugs.png
        - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338595052219793408/653675160934547486/stuh.png

64:
- Reduced the total ticket amount from 500 to 400 tickets to avoid matches dragging on too long.
- Added a Finnish ammotruck.
- Added a Russian ammotruck.
- Added ammo pickup kits next to artillery and PaK40 positions.
- Increased the FW190 minimum spawn delay to the same as the La5 (60 seconds).
- Increased all T34 spawntimes by 15 seconds to slightly decrease the overall explosion spam.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-07-2020, 14:07:02 »
2.57 Changelog:

Overall:
- Added a historically correct roadsign to the crossroad.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338595052219793408/729789313507917885/roadsign.png

64:
- Teamlocked the Bofors guns to make it more difficult to guess which ones are manned.
- Removed the spawn conditions for the IS-2 and ISU-152 so that they spawn the whole round. Increased the spawn time from 60 to 120 seconds, in order to balance their availability and to reduce overall explosive spamming slightly.
- Katjusha respawn time from 60 to 120 seconds to reduce the explosive spam a little bit.
- Increased the IL2 and Stuka minimum spawntime to 60 seconds to further reduce explosive spam.
« Last Edit: 06-07-2020, 22:07:51 by Flippy Warbear »