Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 21542 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Berlin
« Reply #105 on: 19-05-2018, 20:05:38 »
In theory you only have do disable the driver seat of the vehicle pretty similar to how you disable the different seats for the non usable vehicles on objective maps. But keep in mind that you won't be able to have the same asset with driver and without a driver position on the same layer. I you want to have a static and a non static version on the same layer you will have to clone the tank obviously.

How you disable the seats/enterable positions is something that you can check out on allready existent objective maps in the mod ;)

If you need further assistence then let me know. Would check it out myself, but pretty low on time right now  ;)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 19-05-2018, 22:05:41 »
Try something like this in tmp.con

Objecttemplate.activesafe PlayerControlObject Tiger(whatevernameithas)
Objecttemplate.activesafe Engine Tiger_Engine(whatevertheengineiscalled) (find out in the .tweak file of the tiger)
ObjectTemplate.setTorque 0
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 0

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 20-05-2018, 15:05:59 »
Stubb's method works.  I tested it with:

Objecttemplate.activesafe PlayerControlObject tiger_late_132
Objecttemplate.activesafe Engine tiger_late_132_aaMotor
ObjectTemplate.setTorque 0
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 0

at the bottom of the tmp.con.
You can still use the turret, which I assume is what you want.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21-05-2018, 05:05:52 »
Awesome!

Now it just needs to be silent since the motor sounds still work.

Next step: the Pantherturm.

What would be the easiest and fastest way to make it? I´m thinking maybe I could immobilize a Panther, the same way the Tiger is. Then I could just bury it and enable Holdobject from the editor. The problem is that in the editor you cannot bury a tank, or at least it doesn´t go under ground visually.

I guess the hard way would be to strip off the whole hull bundle from the Panther, just leaving the turret. What do you recommend?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 21-05-2018, 11:05:06 »
The best way would be to re-export the thing with only the turret. Like seen on Omaha with the french turret.
It's perhaps possible to do some hacks other ways, but the above one would be the preferred way for sure.
Perhaps i can help with this later, but for testing just stick some static AT gun or something there for now. Or the french turret.

For the tiger, perhaps try to add some more lines from the engine into tmp.con, like maxspeed and such to 0 and see if that will get rid of the sounds.

Offline Robbanswe48

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 29-05-2018, 21:05:38 »
If I can come with any suggestions:  :-*

Have Max Richter - "Last days" as loading music.

Germans have class with including

- maybe shotgun (limited) Luftwaffen-Drilling M30
- Volkssturmgewehr 45
- Stg 44 (limited)

Soviets have class with

- STV 40

other than that it is really nice that folks are doing EF city maps, I want to make Breslau 45 or Warsaw 45 (when I have time and energy).

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 29-05-2018, 21:05:49 »
Why the SVT40?

Offline Robbanswe48

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 29-05-2018, 22:05:27 »
Why the SVT40?

Why not? I thinking the germans will have best weapon they could get. Which mean the soviets should have pretty good weapons too. 400.000 G43's was produced in WW2 so why should SVT 40 be so rare? SVT 40 was produced in 1.400.000 during WW2. (source: wikipedia)

Overall the SVT 40 should be appearring more.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 29-05-2018, 23:05:47 »
But not in 1945. The SVT40 was mostly used in 1941 and 1942, after that is became progressively more rare. Instead they went with the PPsh41 / Mosin Nagant combo.

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 30-05-2018, 15:05:41 »
Awesome!

Now it just needs to be silent since the motor sounds still work.

Next step: the Pantherturm.

What would be the easiest and fastest way to make it? I´m thinking maybe I could immobilize a Panther, the same way the Tiger is. Then I could just bury it and enable Holdobject from the editor. The problem is that in the editor you cannot bury a tank, or at least it doesn´t go under ground visually.

I guess the hard way would be to strip off the whole hull bundle from the Panther, just leaving the turret. What do you recommend?

About this, I think you could do the same as you did with the Tiger, just make a hole in the ground with the terrain editor, big enough to fit the Panther and as deep as its chassis height, leaving the turret out of the hole, then place some statics around the turret to hide the hole and the tank chasis, can be done with sandbags for example.
Finally, tweak it as you did with the Tiger to disable engine.

« Last Edit: 30-05-2018, 15:05:00 by SgtAlex »

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 30-05-2018, 18:05:02 »
*Ahem* if you want to keep this realistic, turn off "power-assisted" turret traverse (the rotation speed was dependent on the engine RPM) - in both the Tiger and the Pantherturm.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 30-05-2018, 23:05:06 »
Robbanswe48:

Interesting choice for the music, I had this one in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVjtqx4MEc&index=45&list=PLbnRRNfFcoWdHL5wYorCswKRT4UtpUfh-

Volksturm and StG-44 will be included, dont´t think so about the SVT-40.

SgtAlex:

I thought about that solution but it just wouldn´t look good enough. Besides if I use objects to cover the Panther´s hull the colmeshes would collide causing trouble, most likely.

nysä:

Yes, I have it in mind!
« Last Edit: 04-06-2018, 06:06:19 by blander »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 05-06-2018, 06:06:25 »
I just realised what a problem it can be to include artillery in an urban map. If someone spots for artillery with binoculars, the arty gunner will have a floating camera over the target. Problem is, the target could be close to an "empty" part of the map, which is not intended to be visible for the players.

I thought of 2 solutions for this:

1. Modify the spotter´s "floating" camera height. If I can get it low enough to avoid out of bounds areas to be seen by the arty gunner, that would solve the problem.

2. Get rid of arty.

Any oppinions?

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 05-06-2018, 10:06:54 »
I don't really get what the problem is. Shooting off map can be avoided by checking the map as arty gunner. Do you mean spotting a high target next to an ABC line to circumvent the "no spot" dome on it?

1. The arty camera is directly connected to the target that the spotter marked. If that target is a high church tower, it will be marked high. Skilled spotters can use that knowledge by putting "high" targets for mortars and "low" ones for howitzers for maximum efficiency. I doubt that making it of fixed height would solve a lot of problems but it would definitely cause a lot of unnecessary ones like a lot of unusable spots and way less flexibility.

2. I like arty, as annoying as it can be on the receiving end. It's one of the last weapons that require a minimum of teamwork and communication in FH2 and I'd rather have it in, especially to deal with AT guns and the likes.

3. If you mean the ABC line abuse, a "dome" around the ABC line like PR has it could be an answer to that. To my knowledge, artillery and even airplane weaponry cannot pass through it if you're high enough but it won't stop the plane to fly through it.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 05-06-2018, 15:06:42 »
I don't really get what the problem is.
He doesn't want the arty guy to see the edge of the map (usually it looks like something fluorescent green in my experience, it's very ugly).

@blander: best solution is not to use the map edges at all, make OOB at the edges and put the playable area far enough from the edges so that arty guys can't see it anymore. Build statics in the OOB anyway, so it doesn't look like the map "ends" where the OOB starts: this will also prevent arty guys from seeing anything weird when a scout misspots something.