Author Topic: FH2 Standalone Installer  (Read 52799 times)

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Hi all. Every time I try to open the fh2_setup.exe file, I select the language for installation, and then I'm met with an error that says 'Runtime error (at 33.174): The source file is corrupted.'

I am using a Mac and opening it through Wine, but I usually have no problems running .exe files through Wine. And even if the file is incompatible, it shouldn't say that it's "corrupted."

Hi all. Every time I try to open the fh2_setup.exe file, I select the language for installation, and then I'm met with an error that says 'Runtime error (at 33.174): The source file is corrupted.'
I have the same problem, sadly. Using Windows 8.

Please make sure the ISO file you downloaded is not corrupted. Here are the checksums for original file:
md5: 721196d0ed3d5845d75183b24905af1e
SHA-1: ee75d4971cc20f766bb0de29e6048d19f20a1569
« Last Edit: 11-03-2019, 17:03:09 by radiosmersh »

Offline defaultplayer

• View Profile
^ Alright, redownloading did the trick for me. With the torrent download I got said error, but with the Google Drive download, the installer works just fine. Creating an account and joining a server worked without any issues as well. A huge, huge thanks to you!
See you on the battlefield.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Can't download the google link.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Did you try any of the alternative downloads?

Offline CaproGreene

• View Profile
Works fine. Thx.

Method used: torrent client (utorrent), downloaded the torrent and then the file.

For the accounts I just copied the old profiles (0001 / 0002 etc) back to the new Profiles directory.

A BIG thumbs up!!

Offline Badger

• View Profile
Really great work, much appreciated!

Would you be so kind to add the SHA1 / MD5 checksums to the installation instructions at playfh2.com,
or to the github repository? I came here to ask for them since my first download was corrupted, and just saw by chance that you posted them in this thread on the last page.

That would be great, thanks!

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Unofficial FH2 Standalone (almost) Installer
« Reply #96 on: 07-07-2019, 15:07:22 »
Dear Everyone,

just a reply from our side, since I just had to clean up a link to this thread here.

In the [762] forums, we do not distribute ways to:

a) circumvent bans (which this software is).
b) to download a copyrighted game, which BF2 still is.

We already have enough problems with people behaving like madmen or cheating on our servers.

There is a reason that battlelog.co was closed down BY REQUEST OF EA Games.
See for yourself: https://battlelog.co/
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/ea-shuts-down-fan-run-servers-for-older-battlefield-games/

Step 2 would have been a lawsuit. We cannot afford to have that at [762] .
If the forums at warumdarum.de want to risk that, it is their business.

You can contact each other via PM, but we will delete any reference to distribution links of copyrighted material in our forums.

If there ever is a legal, self made standalone for an Forgotten Hope game, we will gladly spread the word, that is no question. We just hope that there will be a new CD Key- or other security system with it, because if not it will be next to impossible to run a decent server without having lots of admins watching it every evening and re-banning the trouble makers over and over again (what we are doing right now).

Regards,
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Project Reality have been doing this for yonks. I suspect they have a friend in EA/DICE. But does FH have that friend ? And is this really very wise ?  I know EA/DICE currently do not have the game on sale but the multi million (billion?) video game business is a fast moving place these days. I suspect they have a team that have already created an "HD" version of BF2 with support for something like Steam Workshop (or some similar system on Origin) and are just waiting for the right time to release it. It's still their IP and I would guess the license specifically forbids mods distributing the actual game executable's. I want to see more FH players but I don't want to see FH mod get into trouble.

Offline steffenbk1

• View Profile
I also was annoyed with a lack to get it for others. Since my friends dont have a copy of bf2 and it's bin taken down form origin so you cant get it there anymore.
I've compiled the whole game and uploaded it with the mod on

1. download and zip it from: https://mega.nz/#!GYFRHK5b!2cgkR3ivYK10oDsxAuKMc-dF41xEbr19o7DRTjnGdis
2. go to battlefield 2 folder
3. mods folder
4. fh2 folder
5. bin folder
6. click on the fh2 launcher.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I also was annoyed with a lack to get it for others. Since my friends dont have a copy of bf2 and it's bin taken down form origin so you cant get it there anymore.
Just google "playbf2".

Also, I forgot to post about that, but I've updated the installer a few days ago, nothing major, just added some files from original BF2 installation that were missing.

New hashes:
md5: 3e532a7ba703b4e58bc9ebdd6b04e39e
SHA1: 1653abe2420ac9545e7ec4fb33841844bcbd0f1e
« Last Edit: 17-07-2019, 10:07:17 by radiosmersh »

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
For the life of me I can't figure this thing out.  I've downloaded the installer many times and the game seems to install, but when it tries to start up it crashes.  I have noticed that when installing it, I don't see a PB screen nor anywhere to produce the CD key.  Is something missing from the download?  Its a little over 8 GB.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Quickest way to solve this is join Discord: https://discord.gg/hU878P4 many people on there able to help you.

Offline Hektor_Riven

• View Profile
Greetings,

I would really like to express my gratitude to Mr. Radiosmersh for having transformed a "forgotten hope" into reality.
I could write a very long post full of my most sincere thanks for this long awaited work, and I could list hundreds of reasons because standalone mods for Battlefield 2 are the only way to play that great video game (like Project Reality and Nations At War).

As a coordinator of a LAN gaming clan, I suffered from the installation problems of Battlefield 2's retail version: it took hours and constant attention to get it working since Origin copies were retired.
Concerning licensing, we get four physical copies of the game and, when it get on sale on Origin, everyone of us bought a license plus two more on our two public accounts. To sum up, as a group, we spent more than one hundred of Euros into it and frustration can only be imagined when we saw our copies disappeared from our Origin accounts.
Please accept our thanks for finally having made one of our most played mods standalone.

I would like to just come with a question, id est if the yet available Forgotten Hope 2 server (http://fhbeta.warumdarum.de/~spitfire/fh2pub/2.56/fh2-server-3.7.432.tar) is compatible with your standalone client. We would need it to host big LAN matches, as we did previously, but I would like the confirmation that softwares are compatible with each others.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 19-06-2020, 12:06:53 by Hektor_Riven »
"And the sea will grant each man new hopes, as sleep brings dreams"

Christopher Columbus

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Please accept our thanks for finally having made one of our most played mods standalone
I'm very glad to hear that. I always felt that this game deserved more attention. The installation procedure was tedious to say the least which repelled a big chunk of newcomers, and I just tried to simplify it as much as possible.

I would like to just come with a question, id est if the yet available Forgotten Hope 2 server (http://fhbeta.warumdarum.de/~spitfire/fh2pub/2.56/fh2-server-3.7.432.tar) is compatible with your standalone client. We would need it to host big LAN matches, as we did previously, but I would like the confirmation that softwares are compatible with each others.
It should be as the only thing I removed from the base game in order to save weight is the folder with maps, but I haven't tested such a usecase speficially, tbh. However, if any compatibility will emerge then just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Offline guinho

• View Profile
excuse me, i've been playing for a almost a year now but had to reinstall FH2 due to a problem i've always used the installer from playFH2.net, but now whenever i try to enter any server the game doesn't allow me to and gives a "CD-key is not valid" error, i've tried using fh2's CDkey fixer from the discord's troubleshoot channel but it doesn't work, i've been told by other members that the cdkey fixer fails because i've had ocurrences of multiple installs before and the cdkey fixer is fixing the "wrong" cd-key
i've reinstalled the game 3 times by now yet it always comes back to "CD key is not valid" when trying to join a server

any ideas how i may solve this?

[edit] I've Jerry rigged a solution for now using the launcher's installer, not ideal but I can play for now
« Last Edit: 18-10-2020, 04:10:27 by guinho »
Hey how do i aim?

Offline Wyrdstone

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Standalone (almost) Installer (Updated 07/06/2020)
« Reply #104 on: 18-11-2020, 20:11:07 »
I don't know where to look - it seems I can no longer log in ("the server has refused the connection"). I haven't done anything since playing before.

Any solution to this?
I play as Dansolo online. I am also a FHT player.
You will often see me typing questions/crap/exclamations/obscenities.