Author Topic: PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Re: PostScriptum : The Bloody Seventh
« Reply #15 on: 08-02-2018, 20:02:19 »
 I find the use of authentic swastika symbols very interesting.

Would this means it would be banned in Germany?

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-02-2018, 15:02:48 »
From http://postscriptumgame.com/faq

Will there be censorship of Nazi symbolism?

Despite Nazi symbolism being outlawed in a few countries worldwide, we believe that if a game is going to be thoroughly accurate in the recreation of every single thing then even such elements should be present too (whether small in significance or not, that’s not our role to tell and neither we want to go down that path). We’re planning to make a censored version for people that live in countries where it’s outlawed but it be will be heavily dependent of a few things that might be out of our control.

But the game sure looks amazing already, I really want to to play something with such a realist scale.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline DenniZ-NL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-07-2018, 12:07:29 »
I've been looking at Squad and Post Scriptum. If you wouldnt know any better you'd say PS is made by FH devs and Squad by PR devs. Even the engine seems very Battlefield like.  The running animations, the reload animations.... it all looks very much the same. Are FH devs involved in Post Scriptum?

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-07-2018, 12:07:49 »
Not that I know. Some PR:WW2 devs are part of the Post Scriptum team though (Arc Shielder and Ratface).

Squad team has a bunch of former PR developers, including Chuc, who made most of the PR animations back in the day. The animation style you see in Squad is very similar to what you see in PR because of this. Level design and gameplay is similar as well, with people like Merlin (formerly known as Sniperdog) and IronTaxi in the team - and now Fuzzhead as well.

Offline Thesalamanderman

• La donna è mobile
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28-07-2018, 21:07:32 »
Although it looks good and it has some nice features like limited special kits like in FH2, I would stick to FH2. PostScriptum offers a 40 vs 40 match, that means battles have fewer players than in FH2, in fact there are much fewer players in the battle since many of them are building stuff and do not take part in the fight. I also don't like the nonexistent recoil of the Bren gun when fired while standing (I just saw that on the first gameplay vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vs61IKxjmg watch 0:16, he is walking, while firing full auto, with little recoil!), I assume that Bren Gun is not the only weapon with such characteristic.
'you paid with your steel, we paid with our blood'

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28-07-2018, 21:07:02 »
Well they're always changing stuff like that. Tbh, the Bren might've changed since. I'm not a huge fan of that type of gameplay (slow and tactical like PR, Squad etc...) but it can offer some awesome moments.

This tank gameplay kinda blew me away with the immersion;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-irU8rnWaY

They still have a bit more to do in the art department tho. Things that I thought would change like undergrowth, and player models for the Germans, haven't changed yet.

I also haven't heard any more about their "authentic" gamemode which really caught my interest.

I'll also be interested to see this 8km x 8km Arnhem map they've talked about. Especially since they're optimization isn't 100% on the smaller maps yet.

I mean, I love what they're doing; trying to make things authentic, focusing on representing an entire operation etc... but I hope it improves a bit more as they continue to develop.
« Last Edit: 28-07-2018, 21:07:16 by Matthew_Baker »