Author Topic: Getting online.  (Read 462 times)

Offline T0LTS

• View Profile
Getting online.
« on: 01-02-2018, 10:02:50 »
Hi everyone

New to this game/mod gotta say wOw!!
I have been wanting to play a WW2 with actual really scenarios online for ever I don’t know why I’ve not seen this game before. Anyway, I have now played a few bot games and I think I’m ready to jump in online play now. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to get setup. I know I can’t register with EA anymore so what do I do? Thanks for reading and your help!

T0LTS

Forgot to Add. I have the PC DVD version of the game not steam cheers
« Last Edit: 01-02-2018, 13:02:39 by T0LTS »

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
Re: Getting online.
« Reply #1 on: 01-02-2018, 14:02:36 »
Hello T0LTS, and welcome to the FH2 community! :) First of all, have you downloaded and installed the FH2 Launcher? That is currently the only way to play FH2 online.

Offline T0LTS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-02-2018, 15:02:31 »
Hiya, thanks for having me lol

Yes I do have the launcher installed i get the options to the left (audio,video,gameplay etc) if that’s what you mean?

Thank you for your reply and for getting yourself into helping me out lol

Also before we carry on I’ve not got FH 0.7 just the installer on the downloads page should I be downloading this one?
« Last Edit: 01-02-2018, 15:02:11 by T0LTS »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-02-2018, 17:02:46 »
FH 0.7 is Forgotten Hope 1 for Battlefield 1942, so you don't need that one (unless you want to try out the old mod)

With the Fh2 launcher, when you choose 'play' you will be able to get online since we have our custom login server set up.

Offline T0LTS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-02-2018, 18:02:10 »
Cool!

BUT How do I get on there then lol
Sorry total noob!

Cheers for your help

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-02-2018, 20:02:36 »
Create an account first (choose name and password). Then if you want to play online, just press Play and you will get into the multiplayer menu. You sill see some servers there (usually 3-4), and they get most populated during European evenings, peaktimes being between 19:30 and 23:30 CET.

Join up and prepare to die a lot ;)

Offline T0LTS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-02-2018, 13:02:47 »
Hey Slayer

I’ve created a offline account, where do I create the online account?
I installed BF2 then created an account. Then installed FH2. Is this wrong? Should i have installed BF2 then FH2 THEN create an account?
I’ve registered on 762 but I am still waiting to be unbanned as I’m a new player it won’t let me onine.
Anyway have I done something wrong during installation then?

Again thank you for the help!

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-02-2018, 15:02:57 »
First of all, did you look over this?
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=3493.msg70060#msg70060

To create an online account nowadays for FH2: Open up FH2 Launcher, hit options, now login as "<None / Manage accounts>", hit OK, and click "Play" in the launcher.

Now in the game menu click "Manage Accounts", and then "Create Account". From there you should be able to "Accept Terms", and create a multiplayer account.

Have a nice day, :)
Roughbeak

Offline T0LTS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-02-2018, 16:02:17 »
Hi Guys

Sorted it thank You for everyone who got back to me and helped me out great site great people for a great game

Hope to be shooting you all soon enough lol

Cheers!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-02-2018, 18:02:22 »
To create an online account nowadays for FH2: Open up FH2 Launcher, hit options, now login as "<None / Manage accounts>", hit OK, and click "Play" in the launcher.
<None / Manage Accounts> is set by default on the first run of clean FH2 install. So all you need is to click "Play" and then create the account in game. It's simple as that  ;)