Author Topic: How Do I Reduce Lag in FH2 Singleplayer/Coop?  (Read 920 times)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
How Do I Reduce Lag in FH2 Singleplayer/Coop?
« on: 18-01-2018, 17:01:42 »
Hello FH2 Community, my name is fighterpil, and I've got a problem: lag. Every time I play FH2 on Singleplayer or Coop, my framerate drops considerably. I've even turned my graphical settings down some, and set the AI to "easy", but it still lags (23-15 fps), especially when I get near the AI, most often the infantry. Does anyone know how I could reduce my lag and improve my fps without turning down my graphical settings even more? Thanks!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Reduce Lag in FH2 Singleplayer/Coop?
« Reply #1 on: 18-01-2018, 17:01:39 »
I think that's just a by-product of singleplayer :( the amount of bots is what causes it. The difficulty setting shouldn't have any effect.

I think it's the fact that your computer is doing the job of rendering AND keeping track of all those bots and their projectiles etc... so it's usually a lot to handle and lags the system.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-01-2018, 18:01:58 »
I think that's just a by-product of singleplayer :( the amount of bots is what causes it. The difficulty setting shouldn't have any effect.

I think it's the fact that your computer is doing the job of rendering AND keeping track of all those bots and their projectiles etc... so it's usually a lot to handle and lags the system.

Yeah, that probably explains it. Do you think that if I allocated more RAM to FH2 it would run smoother? And if so, how would I do that?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-01-2018, 18:01:10 »
Maybe you should try this.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-01-2018, 18:01:34 »
Maybe you should try this.

Okay, I'll take a look at it. BTW, is there any way to allocate more RAM to FH2, because my machine usually allocates a small amount to programs by default.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-01-2018, 18:01:02 »
Also that page you mentioned to me worked, but for some reason there were not bots on my local server, and I can't seem to change the number of them. Here's what my Server Launcher window looks like:

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-01-2018, 15:01:59 »
I've even made a brand new set of settings and added bots, but they still won't be on the server when I join it. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-01-2018, 17:01:55 »
are you sure you added maps to your server list in a cooperative, and not in a conquest mode by mistake?

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-01-2018, 18:01:04 »
are you sure you added maps to your server list in a cooperative, and not in a conquest mode by mistake?

Yeah that was my problem, now it's working. Thanks.