Author Topic: Game crashing every time I try to join a server [Windows 10]  (Read 164 times)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I don't get an error message, it doesn't even let me get to the loading screen, it just crashes to desktop. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm running FH2 as an administrator and in compatibility mode for XP SP3.
"We're not retreating, we just advancing in a different direction!"

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Create a windowed version of the FH2.exe to get an error message:

To enter windowed mode make a copy of your FH2.exe and change it's shortcut as follows.

"D:\Games\Battlefield 2\FH2.exe" changes into "D:\Games\Battlefield 2\FH2.exe" +fullscreen 0

Come back and post the error message afterwards

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I couldn't find an FH2.exe in my Steam directory for BF2, so I first tried using the FH2 launcher's windowed mode, which still didn't provide an error message, and then I tried using a copy of ForgottenHope2.exe (or I assume it is exe, not computer fluent and Windows 10 just says the file is an application), setting it up as you said. No error message there either, though it also just ran BF2 instead of FH2 by using the copy.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Then you should do the same, but with the bf2.exe. Copy it, "+fullscreen 0"

When inside the game, go to "community" tab, then "custom games" and activate FH2 from there.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Doesn't that not work because doing it through BF2's community tab means FH2's shaders don't work, which would create other problems?

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
How did you install the game?

You first need to install Bf2 with the 1.41 and 1.41-1.5 patches (or the 1.5 full patch) in the right order. next Fh2 via the launcher. and lastly the community map pack via the community updater, if you intent to play the community maps.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
I have BF2 installed through Steam, should already have 1.5 patch. FH2 via the launcher and community map pack are both there, though I was trying to join the non-CMP server the other night.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
For Windowed Mode: click the Launcher, go to Options/Video and tick the box next to "Windowed Mode". Much easier than adjusting other shortcuts ;)