Author Topic: FH2 won't start  (Read 376 times)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
FH2 won't start
« on: 03-12-2017, 23:12:42 »
Hello all!
A month ago I had a problem with a game which basically deleted all my games in folder "Games". Anyways, I want to install FH2 again but since "Revive" is dead dead (because it can't be revived he he... he, ok I'll stop) the installation has to be done the old way.

To the problem itself:

After installing BF2+1.41+1.5+FH2 I get error message because NovintHFX.dll is missing. I tried to download the .dll separately and put it in BF2's directory but then I get another error message: DirectX 9 3.0c is not installed. I reinstalled everything 2-3 times but with no result.

There is another detail: When BF2's installation is finnished I don't get the window where you press "Finnish" but a blank turquoise screen and nothing else. The only way to exit the setup wizard is by finding it in Task menager and force it to stop.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 won't start
« Reply #1 on: 04-12-2017, 21:12:53 »
I will put it simple: How to install BF2 on Win 10?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-12-2017, 21:12:11 »
I'm running BF2 on Win10, but I did an upgrade from Win8 when I already had it installed, so I didn't try a fresh install on a Win10 HDD. Sorry, can't help you further. I hope you will find a solution!

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-12-2017, 22:12:14 »
I HAVE FH2!!!... in very interesting form, but still, I have FH2...
This is how:
1. I downloaded a torrent consisting vanilla BF2+FH2 2.0+2.1 patch (installing the patch gives the shader error, so I skipped it) link: http://zamunda.net/banan?id=147148&hit=1&t=game
2. Patched BF2 to 1.5.
3. Installed FH2.

Now, everything's running good but, the menu language is Russian which is somewhat tolerable and the kill/flag capture messages ("You killed Dancho.") look interesting-the name of the person you have killed is in yellow and it shows how many points the kill/flag capture gives you.

Eh.. do you happen to know how to change the in-game language?

Edit: I managed to change the language wohooo. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
« Last Edit: 25-12-2017, 19:12:45 by Dancho »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-12-2017, 18:12:24 »
Maybe you can share how you did that with the language so others can try if they encounter the same problem :)