Author Topic: What is the reason for AI artillery & Non-AI artillery?  (Read 251 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Hi all. Just a question I'm a little curious about which I've seen with several of the artillery pieces. Take for example the 10.5cm LeFH 18, in the game files there is one named "lefh18" and another "lefh18_AI" which the coding is different between the two. I thumbed through the coding but haven't taken a very indepth look yet. What is the difference and reason between the two? Obviously it has something to do with AI of course, but will the AI simply not use the regular "lefh18"? It seems coded for AI though. Just curious about this for my own mapmaking reasons. 

Online Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: What is the reason for AI artillery & Non-AI artillery?
« Reply #1 on: 23-11-2017, 18:11:00 »
The ai artillery pieces are coded so that the point of view floats above them. This allows the ai to shoot at far away targets, since they cannot use the spotting system.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Re: What is the reason for AI artillery & Non-AI artillery?
« Reply #2 on: 23-11-2017, 19:11:36 »
Hmm that is interesting, I was wondering how they did that. 

But if I place say the lefh18_AI on a map for the bots to use, what effect does that have on myself entering it? Me being the only human player on the map. I suppose I'll have to test that and see. There's also two different AI codings such as lefh18AI and lefh18NONAI...but the NONAI is still coded for AI? Seems to be.