Author Topic: Importing weapons From FH2  (Read 76 times)

Offline KenRedwin

• View Profile
Importing weapons From FH2
« on: 20-11-2017, 09:11:35 »
So i'm trying to import some FH2 weapons to my private BF2 mod, the problem is that i don't know what files to import from fh2 to bf2, one of the weapons i'm trying to import is the "stenmk2" and i read other posts but i don't seem to understand it right, can someone explain me how to do it? as i said this is a "private mod" so i'm not going to publish it. Thanks.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Re: Importing weapons From FH2
« Reply #1 on: 29-11-2017, 22:11:41 »
There are several files required to do this. Different weapons use different files, however you may use this as a rough guide for all handweapons. First download NotePad++ if you haven't already. In objects_weapons_server.zip\weapons\handheld you'll find a list of the handweapons contained in FH2. Each weapon has a .tweak file. Open this .tweak file, carefully study the contents of the .tweak to see what all files that particular weapon uses. Such as the effects, projectile, AI, sounds, etc. For example the stenmk2 uses e_muzz_smg for muzzleflash, 9x19mmProjectile for its projectile, e_shellejection_9mm for its shell ejection, so on and so fourth. They appear like this:

Code: [Select]
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate e_muzz_smg
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate e_shellejection_9mm
ObjectTemplate.projectileTemplate 9x19mmProjectile

For the Stenmk2 you'll need:

objects_weapons_server.zip\weapons\handheld\stenmk2 >This folder.

objects_weapons_client_handheld_3.zip\weapons\handheld\stenmk2 >This folder.

objects_weapons_client_handheld_4.zip\Weapons\Handheld\Common\MonoSounds >This folder.

objects_server.zip\Effects\weapons\muzzleflashes\emitters\e_muzz_smg >This folder.
objects_server.zip\Effects\weapons\shellejections\emitters\e_shellejection_9mm >This folder.
objects_server.zip\Kits\kitmeshes\kitmesh_stenmk2 >This folder.

objects_weapons_server.zip\Weapons\Projectiles\Handweapons >This folder.
objects_weapons_server.zip\Weapons\ai\_templates.ai >This file for SP/Coop.
objects_weapons_server.zip\Weapons\ai\smg.inc >This file for SP/Coop.

menu_client.zip\HUD\Texture\Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\StenMKII.dds >These two for HUD Icons.
menu_client.zip\HUD\Texture\Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\Selection\StenMKII.dds

I *think* this is everything. Make sure you run FH2 in window mode so if there's a CTD due to a missing file and/or file conflict the error message will specify which file you need to investigate. I don't know what sort of modding experience you have, but believe me I know it seems tedious at first with so many archives, FH2 is such a greatly detailed mod however I recommend you open/examine every archive in the fh2 folder, study their contents, and remember what files are located in them. This makes it way easier when you're looking for something specific as the .tweak file does not list specific archives.