Author Topic: Faustpatrone still ingame?  (Read 232 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Faustpatrone still ingame?
« on: 12-11-2017, 02:11:20 »
Hi everyone. I've seen a few posts talking about using the Faustpatrone in previous versions of the game, it is present in the game files, but I've never actually seen it ingame. Is it available in 2.52?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Faustpatrone still ingame?
« Reply #1 on: 12-11-2017, 03:11:25 »
Don't think it's ever been in the game. Hopefully will have it in some new maps when they're released :)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-11-2017, 19:11:06 »
Well I was curious because this thread for the 2.45 changelog says "Added faustpatrone.": http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17491.msg260014#msg260014

I thought perhaps it had been added then removed like the Flare gun. The files for the Faustpatrone exist and appear complete, seems it was made in 2009 so quite awhile ago. I do not think the lists of vehicles/weapons on the main FH2 site is up to date. Anyway I'm going to get it working & add it to some SP/Coop maps. I got the old WW1 era 1917 15.5cm GPF cannon playable which is awesome, still modifying the sounds a bit but otherwise it works great. There is also a French knife called "Le Vengeur de 1870" that I do not believe is in-game. Two French tanks and one tankette. Hotchkiss H39 which I tried but CTD on entry, going to look into that. The Somua S35 works wonderfully ingame, and Renault UE tankette which also works great. I understand there was a scrapped French Army project leaving behind some various things. Being the Germans made extensive use of captured French equipment I'll definitely be incorporating the Renault UE, Somua S35, & 15.5cm GPF into some SP/Coop maps. 

Oh and one thing I noticed with the German captured T-34 (which does exist on Dukla Pass) is that only the HE shells work. It has AP shells too but they won't select. I looked at the .con & .tweak files & the scripts exist for AP with a full magazine so I'm not quite sure what to edit as I'd like to use the AP, with only HE it's totally defenseless against other tanks.

Also there is a deployable Browning M1917A1 mg for the US which I'm not sure is ingame. I haven't checked it out yet but will later. I like the M1917 & would like to get it in-game. I know there are other things which aren't in-game, can't recall atm but I'm going to look into them & see what I can get operational. I'm learning how to mod/map FH2 & making some progress with my ability. I also want to port a muzzleloader rifle from the "Pirates" BF2 mod, ha. Ever since I read an account about during the Battle of Berlin two Volkssturm soldiers were so desperate for a weapon they broke into a local museum and grabbed a muzzleloader & crossbow. So I've wanted to try an antique muzzleloader in a WW2 FPS. It would be a challenge. The BF2 "Pirates" mod has several of them as well as flintlock pistols. Being that they're made for the BF2 engine then certainly it's possible to port one to FH2.
« Last Edit: 13-11-2017, 19:11:32 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-11-2017, 20:11:48 »
The Somua and the Renault Carrier are already ingame on Pegasus Bridge. The Faustpatrone is in the mod and might be finished, but not on any maps yet. There might even be a kit you can just put on a map already without any extra work, in fact I wonder why no CMP maps have it. It is used on some beta maps. The deployable Browing is on some maps, maybe Sidi Bou zid?

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-11-2017, 06:11:46 »
There is a faustpatrone kit but I haven't quite figured out which files to edit in order to change the weapons kits that you choose on spawn without getting a CTD. I believe they are mapdata.py, init.con, and tmp.con. Not 100% sure yet.  I've tried changing a kit in all 3 of those files and it still doesn't work.

Anyway I was able to make the Faustpatrone kit into a spawnable kit, tested it on a map & it works perfect. Hooray, another weapon to play with  :). Although I want to try & make it into a regular kit so the bots can use it too. Same with the VG45 & VK-98.

When it comes to editing kits there are things which cause CTD that I don't quite understand yet. For example I tried simply replacing the Panzerfaust 60m in the Volksgewehr45 kit with the Faustpatrone & got a CTD at 14%. However if I place the
k98h-faustpatrone & faustpatrone then it works perfect. There must be something in the coding that I'm overlooking. It isn't the index either. Also trying to figure out how to lock the new vehicles & artillery I place as the enemy can use them too.

Also it seems the Somua & Renault only exist on the MP loadout, not Coop. That's why I've never seen them.
« Last Edit: 14-11-2017, 06:11:02 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-11-2017, 18:11:23 »
You teamlock vehicles with:  ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1
If you are using the editor there is a box to tick.

When changing kits, make sure you do it exactly like the others in those files.  the .tmp is the most complicated.  People forget to add .inc at the end.  You may even need to add lines the the ***Kitsets*** and ***kitspawners***.  If you pack the map with the script, it usually fixes this file.

Mapdata is usually just for setting limits.  You might skip that until you get it working.  Just delete the line for the slot, slot 5 I think.

This is usefull for figuring out crash causes:  http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=14013.0

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-11-2017, 20:11:44 »
Thank you for the reply. I did figure out how to teamlock vehicles last night, simply wasn't aware that the Editor had that capability.

As far as changing kits on maps, I have no idea what mistake I made as I was 99% certain I was doing it correctly. It's working perfectly fine now though. I created a new kit with an identical loadout as the pickup Volksgewehr45/Faust60m kit except not as a pickup named GW_AntitankAssault60m_VS_Limited.inc. In Seelow Heights (Coop) I replaced the original lines in the tmp.con, init.con, and mapdata.py with the name of my new kit. Tested, works excellent. My laptop won't take screenshots, they're just black with random colors, but it even shows the Volkssturmgewehr on the spawn weapon selection too. Didn't require adding lines under **Kitsets*** and ***kitspawners***. Also I never use the map_pack.py script, I have it but always do it manually.

I may see if I can make it an NCO only kit as to keep the number of bots carrying it low though I believe there is a bit more involved with NCO kits. The mapdata.py limit is set at 4.0/32.0 which presumably means only 4 players/bots can spawn with it at a time, though I've never had the red "Kit Unavailable" message in Co-op like I have MP so I'm not sure if it applies to bots.

Init.con:
Code: [Select]
gameLogic.setKit 1 5 "GW_AntitankAssault60m_VS_Limited" "GcWhCamo_splitter"
tmp.con:
run ../../objects/kits/gw/GW_AntitankAssault60m_VS_Limited.inc
mapdata.py:
plugin(limitKit, team = 1, slot = 5, limit = 4.0/32.0, kit = "GW_AntitankAssault60m_VS_Limited", soldier = "GcWhCamo_splitter"),
As mentioned this is how I was doing it before yet it still wouldn't work. So I tried it again today...and it works. Ofc I had been awake on my PC for 48 hours straight trying to read, research, experiment, and learn everything I can about FH2 modding/mapping/etc. thus I may have made a mistake during my weariness.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-11-2017, 20:11:11 »
I thought perhaps it had been added then removed like the Flare gun. The files for the Faustpatrone exist and appear complete, seems it was made in 2009 so quite awhile ago. I do not think the lists of vehicles/weapons on the main FH2 site is up to date. Anyway I'm going to get it working & add it to some SP/Coop maps. I got the old WW1 era 1917 15.5cm GPF cannon playable which is awesome, still modifying the sounds a bit but otherwise it works great. There is also a French knife called "Le Vengeur de 1870" that I do not believe is in-game. Two French tanks and one tankette. Hotchkiss H39 which I tried but CTD on entry, going to look into that. The Somua S35 works wonderfully ingame, and Renault UE tankette which also works great. I understand there was a scrapped French Army project leaving behind some various things. Being the Germans made extensive use of captured French equipment I'll definitely be incorporating the Renault UE, Somua S35, & 15.5cm GPF into some SP/Coop maps. 

Changelog is generated based on developper commit (basically we upload the content we create to a server).
When we create a release, we try to add content unfinished. Unfortunately sometimes we forget some ;)

About the French Army, it is a FH2 "side-project", the content is not release-ready (placeholder player model, ..) but let's say french army is already well equiped (even if it is not correcly equiped - pa35a instead of a lebel revolver).
A fan mod was supposed to provide maps but failed unfortunately.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-11-2017, 22:11:50 »
Changelog is generated based on developper commit (basically we upload the content we create to a server).
When we create a release, we try to add content unfinished. Unfortunately sometimes we forget some ;)

About the French Army, it is a FH2 "side-project", the content is not release-ready (placeholder player model, ..) but let's say french army is already well equiped (even if it is not correcly equiped - pa35a instead of a lebel revolver).
A fan mod was supposed to provide maps but failed unfortunately.

That's very interesting, I read on an older thread that the French Army had been scrapped. I saw a couple kits one which had the MAS-36 rifle in it, though I was sad to see the handweapon doesn't exist in the public 2.52 files. The MAS-36 AKA: Gewehr 242(f) would have been a great addition to my Volkssturm project :)