Author Topic: Maps with the MG15? Also Captured T-34E 747 (r) on Dukla Pass?  (Read 355 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Hi everyone. I've searched the forum here but did not find any particular result for this, curious which maps have the emplaced MG15? I've played all of the maps several times and have only ever seen it on Kidney Ridge in El Alamein. Does it exist on any western front maps? I've tried placing it in Seelow Heights (for SP/Coop, the MG15 is correct late-war) using BF2Editor however I've yet to figure out how to actually save an edited map as the editor is full of bugs/frequent crashes. Would love to see more of this great gun, interesting how the Germans converted aircraft MG's to be used with infantry. 

Also the main FH2 page lists the Captured T-34E 747(r) as being on Dukla Pass yet I've not once seen it on there. Was it not actually included in 2.52?

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
The MG15 is used as a fixed MG only. So you can't use it in the infantry role. Look for it on Bardia in the bunker on one of the bridges or on Op supercharge, where you find it in a tobruk bunker on the second last flag, I think.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply, yes I was aware it's an emplaced firearm only. I'll check out those maps, I imagined it was in the North African maps only.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
It used to be on trucks too, but there was an infamous bug with that which caused servercrashes, so that got removed.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Captured T-34 is on one of smaller versions of dukla pass. I think 32p version.

Online Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Also on the 64p version if the Germans lose all flags.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Thanks for the replies, suppose I haven't lost on Dukla Pass enough times to notice. Hoping I can work out the frequent crashing with BF2Editor so I can continue my eastern front maps, have lost too much work due to the crash issues with saving. 

Interesting the MG15 used to be mounted on trucks, would be neat to see that brought back onto SP/Coop layouts being that the gun isn't seen too often in the game.

Online Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Do you use the fixed exe of the editor? That solves the crash trouble.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Do you use the fixed exe of the editor? That solves the crash trouble.

Hi there. Yes I do use the fixed exe. At least I am pretty certain it is as it was titled as the fixed exe when I downloaded however I'm not sure if there are other versions of the fixed exe or if it's even truly the correct one. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, I had to search a bit to find it as there are many dead links. Many of the modding & mapbuilding tutorials are still up however the images are gone(generally because they were hosted on Photobucket) thus it's rather difficult piecing together a tutorial without the images. And any d/l links for various tools are almost always dead.   

A further issue (which may or may not be my fault) is when I load an existing FH2 map into BF2Editor usually the terrain doesn't load/just a gray grid and most of the objects do not load. Buildings, bunkers and such do but pickup kits, machinegun emplacements, and vehicles do not. It would be much easier to learn if I could begin on an existing map, as there are some things I'd like to add/Edit for my own singleplayer. I have the "server" archive extracted into the map folder. None of the tutorials I've read touch on this (and yes I have been searching).

Which not being able to save prevents all of that anyway. I've been pretty much restricted to just editing the map files in Notepad++ which does sort of limit what one can do especially trying to figure out coordinates + rotation for object placement. Was going to start a new thread on it, one player in-game told me to post on Discord or CMP instead which I haven't been on either yet. 

Anyhow, thanks again for the responses.

Online Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Have you ticked the boxes next to each of the gameplay layers? Then the assets should show up.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Have you ticked the boxes next to each of the gameplay layers? Then the assets should show up.

I guess they weren't checked, presumably we're talking about "Mod Manager>Editor Content". However checking all the boxes makes no difference. Still no terrain, vehicles, pickup kits, stationary weapons. It's difficult not having a tutorial for things like this, the tutorials I've found are all based around like actually making maps. "No empty corners!" "Place such and such MG here!" So on and so forth. It is a bit frustrating, would really love to get it working correctly. 

Must be missing files. Object spawners or something maybe, which are no longer available for download. I'm not sure what else to extract or what I am missing.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Spent several hours messing with bf2editor today, still not able to get the objects to appear. I downloaded the object spawners file and followed the guide here to a T, still nothing: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/tutorials/index.php 

I replaced several mg42's with mg15's in the Seelow Heights coop map just by editing the gameplayobjects.con file which is fun getting to use the mg15 on more than just a few North Africa maps, however it's unfortunate not being able to place them in specific locations without exact coordinates/rotation. I'd like to place one in the church tower just for fun. 

Edit: new post below.
« Last Edit: 11-11-2017, 15:11:18 by VolkssturmGewehr »