Author Topic: [Removed]  (Read 774 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« on: 09-10-2017, 22:10:16 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 05:06:45 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
I don't know answers to all of your questions, since I'm not a singleplayer guy, but I can tell you that bots have their issues and they act dumb on many maps. Some of them are not overhauled properly for the singleplayer purposes, sometimes it can be caused by engine limitations. Check the list of "good" maps, which shouldn't have this problem, here (scroll down the first post).

Final question, I've seen many YouTube videos of people playing Pacific maps with the Japanese on FH2? Is this some sort of mod? I searched for it but found nothing. Are there any other downloadable Eastern Front maps available such as the battle of Berlin? 
There are only 4 Eastern Front maps in game so far, and none of them has official bot support yet, but I guess you have this patch installed, since you played Seelow with bots, right? Post any questions regarding these maps in that topic, since this patch wasn't made by any of the official FH2 devs, so hopefullly the guy who made it will be able to tell you what causes different bot behaviour on maps like Seelow.

There are some community made Pacific Front maps available to download together with many maps from other fronts as well, you can download them via FH2 Community Updater, which you can grab here.

Note, that none of them has bot support / singleplayer mode as they were made for mutliplayer only. It is also an unnofficial thing and I can't tell if they are planning to add singleplayer mode to thier maps in the future.

Anyway, I highly recomend playing FH2 online to experience the full awesomeness of this mod. It can also be better performance wise, since singleplayer is more hardware hungry and overall it plays less smooth on older computers.

Unfortunately the VK-98 & VG 1-5 are only available on Seelow Heights, would love to see them included elsewhere. (Possible to mod other maps to make it available?)
Yes. You can mod some files to replace pickup kits on other maps with any weapon you want if you will stick with it to singleplayer only. My best advise would be to search for the solution in the modding section of this forum.

EDIT: nevermind, I see that you've already asked about that in there.  ;)

The VK-98 actually isn't single-shot in real life, it has an internal 5rd magazine just like the Kar.98k only it doesn't have the steel floorplate. 
Some of the sources (like the Mauser - Military Rifles of the World by Robert W.D. Ball) say there were several versions of this rifle and some of them had magazine, some of them were single shot.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Have you tried 32 bots or less
Smaller resoluttion 1024x768 ?

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
I remember when I first disovered FH2. I felt like I was being transported back to the 40's in a time machine  ;D

Yes. Sounds like the a CPU bottleneck. BF2 can only use one core to begin with and then adding too many bots to it can lead to slow downs especially if the CPU is under powered. 32 bots should be better.