Author Topic: Tomphson M1's sight problems  (Read 1019 times)

Offline ctbear1996

• View Profile
Tomphson M1's sight problems
« on: 05-10-2017, 05:10:47 »
Hello, I have a suggestion that making players aim through Tomphson's ring sight instead of the open sight because the former one is a more correct way to use the weapon.......Thanks!

Offline ctbear1996

• View Profile
Re: Tomphson M1's sight problems
« Reply #1 on: 05-10-2017, 05:10:10 »
Also another suggestion: is it possible to make vehicles less vernalable? For example cars, they are way to easy to lose HP even on the road...I think project reality has a good vehicle suspension damage system. But I really like the armor caculation in the game though, very historical accuracte.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-10-2017, 11:10:08 »
In Version 2.2, the initial version, where the M1 thompson was introduced, the ring sight indeed was used. However most people disliked it, as it obstructed the view to much for such a close quarters weapon. Therefore, for smoother gameplay the v-sight is used ingame instead.

Offline ctbear1996

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-10-2017, 17:10:31 »
wow I see, thanks for the explanation, it will be great to be able to switch between them.
In Version 2.2, the initial version, where the M1 thompson was introduced, the ring sight indeed was used. However most people disliked it, as it obstructed the view to much for such a close quarters weapon. Therefore, for smoother gameplay the v-sight is used ingame instead.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-01-2018, 20:01:34 »
Is there a way to switch between them, like in PR where you press "c"?

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-03-2018, 17:03:38 »
There will be a way to switch between iron sights for the scoped G43 (and some other rifles) by pressing Q. Could be relevant.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-03-2018, 17:03:06 »
Unfortunately you won’t be able to switch sights on the Thompson in the upcoming patch. Maybe this is something the devs will look into in the future but for now it’s only on sniper rifles.

The Thompson uses the V sight for the reasons Oberst said. That’s probably because the circle sight was modeled too small to use in a video game. Typically, when you model a peep sight, you need to make the hole WAY bigger than it is in real life (look at the M1 Garand for example). This is so you can actually see through the sight in a video game since video games (especially BF2) can’t accurately represent how your eyes focus irl.

In short it would probably take a tweaking of the model in order to use the circle sight, which is a large task.